LinearParadox

Mic not working

I use a mic which runs through an xbox one controller. Windows detects the audio, as does every other game I play. For some reason, nobody can hear me in squad. Is there any possible workaround for this issue?

So far there are no workarounds to this issue. I'm thinking perhaps a virtual device that could then take the real input and pipe it into ue4 might be a solution,but I don't have the equipment required to test it 

Hello and welcome to Squad @LinearParadox,

unfortunately Psyrus is right.

Here's a quote from SuicidalChair (OWI Support)

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/29872-mic-not-working/?do=findComment&comment=312180

On 21.11.2017 at 8:17 PM, SuicidalChair said:

Currently using an xbox headset through an xbox controller doesn't work for squad.
I have tried to same set up.
If its a wired headset you can buy a 3.5mm splitter on amazon for like $5 so you can plug it directly into your pc, thats what I do.

background info:

Spoiler
Not all 3.5-mm audio jacks are made to the same standard.

There are two audio jack standards:
  • Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA), and
  • Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP).
If you use an OMTP headset in combination with the xBox, you’ll probably experience audio or chat issues.

However, if your headset or earbuds use the OMTP standard, you can purchase an adapter to convert the device to CTIA. These adapters are available at many electronic retail stores.

The CTIA standard has the microphone section of the jack closer to the end of the cable while the OMTP standard has the ground section of the jack closer to the end of the cable.
SsifXEn.png

source:

19 hours ago, Psyrus said:

So far there are no workarounds to this issue. I'm thinking perhaps a virtual device that could then take the real input and pipe it into ue4 might be a solution,but I don't have the equipment required to test it 

@Psyrus

Are there any scripts written for that?

I can't see anything that lists it specifically in all the previous dialog so I'll ask. In Windows recording devices your Xbox mic is set as the default device isn't it? You should also check the mics Properties, Advanced tab, Exclusive Modes are both checked.

Can't be others have not tried that already but you never know.

1 hour ago, LinearParadox said:

@Psyrus

Are there any scripts written for that?

Nope. To have a solution you would need someone with the technical skills to create that kind of workaround, and have the actual problem so they could troubleshoot it. 

I do have an xbox, and that strange plug-in headset that came with it, but I've never tried connecting it to my PC

18 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Nope. To have a solution you would need someone with the technical skills to create that kind of workaround, and have the actual problem so they could troubleshoot it. 

I do have an xbox, and that strange plug-in headset that came with it, but I've never tried connecting it to my PC

Yeah, I use an Xbox gaming headset.