jellyswim

Mines shouldn't insta-kill MATVs

Ok so on thing that has bugged me since the release of IEDs And mines is that they both completely destroy anything and kill anyone who hits them. MAT-Vs and other MRAPs are specifically designed to resist a mine explosion. That's not to say the vehicle is not damaged, but the passengers should not be killed instantly. I'm thinking rather than having just two vehicle states (functional/destroyed) there should be a disabled state where the vehicle can take damage and become immobilized while the passengers are still alive inside. Then that could also make a repair vehicle applicable, or you could just have a logi truck act as a mobile repair station. 

Edit: Right after I posted this thread I realized it's in the website feedback section and I meant for it to be in the feedback and suggestions section. Sorry. 

If this thread is removed or relocated I will understand.

Edited by jellyswim

There is planned location armour and damage states. Think your find info on search.

11 minutes ago, Smee said:

Think your find info on search.

what.

Depends on the construction of IED/Mine and the size of the blast. Every vehicle can be destroyed with high enough detonation mass or sophisticated directed explosives. 

1 hour ago, NotBrad said:

what.

Don't worry Smee is from Hemel Hempstead. English isn't their first language.

4 hours ago, Smee said:

There is planned location armour and damage states. Think your find info on search.

I know about the localized armor system coming, but that could be a long way off, this is a way to make it more realistic without needing a massive system change.

13 hours ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Depends on the construction of IED/Mine and the size of the blast. Every vehicle can be destroyed with high enough detonation mass or sophisticated directed explosives. 

That's totally true but in looking at the munitions the scouts use, the mine looks like a Soviet era pressure plate AT mine and the IED is just two mortar rounds. Neither of which would be capable of destroying an MRAP to the extent that is seen in game.