Wulfram

Seperate aiming sensitivity

One thing I really didn't like about Squad last time I tried it was the fact that the sensitivity for aiming down sights (ADS) and having the weapon at the hip (non-ADS) was the same. To me this made the gunplay feel incredibly clunky as it didn't allow me the freedom of movement I would've liked during non-ADS without hampering my accuracy during ADS where precision was crucial. This completely broke the immersion for me and as a result I didn't play the game much before dropping it. 

As such I'd suggest adding this much needed feature of a seperate ADS sensitivity to the game.

PS: Haven't tried V10 yet, so I don't know if they've added it since I last played a month ago.

Edited by Wulfram

Just my 2 cents... but if you're that far away that you really need to get a super precise shot... you're probably too far to be taking the shot. At 100m aiming to get a headshot isn't that hard at all. Even 150 isn't too bad. But beyond that, if you can't get the precise shot, then it's probably because it's too far to be engaging in the first place.

Would definately love this in place, it would be crucial for taming the auto recoil. In fact, would be better if there are seperate horizontal and vertical sensitivity settings.

Edited by Noobgamer

I posted on this question before. Need some dev insight because I'm currently not playing just because this feature is missing. In close quarters I need to be able to swing around really fast but that fast sensitivity doesn't work so well when you're trying to aim steadily far away. 

There needs to be Freelook & NonADS &ADS, or, at a minimum, Freelook/NonADS together & ADS.

I definetly think this is on the devs radar, and hopefully we'll be seeing it soon. I agree it would be a welcome addition to the control customization.

Edited by jellyswim

I use a DPI switch on my mouse, I use the lowest setting for 80% of the time. 

But the higher DPI is super useful in vehicle turrets or if I need to do #420 no-scopes (sponsored by Mtn Dew™)

Im all for more options, but Im sure its not as easy as adding a slider.