-MG

Movement too slow ?

Current movement speed  

42 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Current movement too slow ?

• Yess
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2017 at 04:00 PM

First and foremost i want to say that A10 looks and feels like a new game and i'm excited again to come back to it. It has brought so much more depth to it that was lacking and i'm only excited to see what's more to come in the future.

Now personally, i feel like the movement is a tad bit to slow currently. Especially for the GPMG's....usually when i get shot at, there is a slim chance escaping or going for cover if there is any in the vicinity. Mind you, i stay in the back of my group (like any support role should be).

But also in general things feel a bit sluggish if you will. I'm all for immersion and less arcady stuff but not all movement is done at the equal pace.
m4 is lighter then a 249, a 249 is lighter then a 240B, a nade and pistol is nothing. Now i don't know if it's possible if different speeds per weapon can be assigned ?. Or if the total model speed is tied to realistic ''load out'' weight. 

Overall i'm glad there is more emphasis on killing lonewolfing...in A10 i tend to notice that everyone is more keen on sticking togheter and covering instead of running off into the distance rambo'ing trying to rack up kills. 

Edited by -MG

No forward momentum when going from prone to crouch to stand. It doesn't have to fast but just moving forward a little would be a bit helpful. 

personally like the slower pace .. not sure I could run that quickly with large pack... and proning..thank goodness they destroyed the friggin  dolphin diving one shot BS ...

Why? Because you don't like it?

I agree with the statement though, movement speed across the board, not just talking about walking/sprinting, has been slowed too much. Sprinting looks more like a casual jog now. I don't mind a bit lower pace and can see it leading to more deliberate movement. But you wouldn't be as slow as this, not like they're carrying 50-80kg full kit.
Perhaps not the speed perse, more the cumbersome feel of it at times (play test, I know), which makes for sluggish and aggravating gameplay at times.
Someone did mention that movement speed seemed to be related to server load, that a full server on high load slowed down all the movements. When I was playing around on the shooting range, movement felt okay.

Movement has been slowed down a lot, and I think it's too much. Hell, I'm not in shape and I can run faster with equipment on.

Personally I like the pacing, could do with a tiny tweak in a few areas but other than that I prefer it to v9. Prone to crouch/stand transitions are good and vice versa, people just need to adapt to different methods of movement and approaching areas.

However, the 3rd person sprinting animation feels like the soldier is running super fast due to the animation but in 1st person it feels fairly slow. I feel like any increase to sprinting is just going to slowly allow pre-v10 rushing everywhere to become a thing again.

Plus, I've found it more fun to jump into an APC/IFV and get a ride to a different position than aimlessly walk/run everywhere. People need to utilise the transport capability more and not use it purely just from main base at the start of the game. There's more to Squad than just getting a ride at the start of the round and then doing everything on foot after.

I agree that the movment is way to slow, sometimes it seems like someone is holding my player or the player is to heavy to move

I give my two cents too to this topic.

I think the movement speed is still too fast. Though, Im not actually sure if its because of the speed itself, but somehow distances dont feel natural at all in this game. In reallife when i am infront of a one story building, it would look way bigger than it looks in squad. Maybe it is tied to the camera angle or FOV, I dont know. 

I noticed it in other games too, sometimes the distances and hights feel natural, sometimes they dont.

As an example i would like to give theHunter Call of the Wild.. yes an odd comparison, but that game has distances right.

Even Arma did a good job and how distances feel.

TL;DR 

Ingame distances feel wrong, either because the player is moving to fast or FOV... or i dont know.

Probably best to keep everyone running at the same pace regardless of kit.
Though making it so heavier kits accelerate to full sprint speed might be nice.

19 hours ago, justachap said:

No forward momentum when going from prone to crouch to stand. It doesn't have to fast but just moving forward a little would be a bit helpful. 

This^
It doesn't feel right, not being able to move at all while transitioning.
Imo, all that would be needed to fix that would be to start the player at pace once he stands up, if he holds W during the transition.
The problem isn't as much not moving forward, but not having the forward momentum, so that it isn't
Prone -> Transition -> Start walking -> Walking
but instead
Prone ->Transition -> Already walking

Except for that little detail everything feels super smooth.

Edited by Peerun

I didn't get a opportunity to try a10 but I take from it a majority like the new movement.

From a9 I always felt sprint was to slow and didn't use up stamina quick enough. It wasn't a burst of speed to get you from cover to cover but just a faster way to get from place to place which is what vehicles are for. It was still a legacy transition from the time we didn't have vehicles.

I'd like (from a9) slightly faster run. Significantly faster sprint but significantly increased stamina drain / gain. I feel it would encourage vehicle usage and better tactics in the use of cover with team mates covering those sprinting form places of cover to cover.  

I wouldn't mind a faster sprint that takes a bit more stamina. I definitely feel like I'm "stranded" even when I would normally have options nearby for cover/retreat.

48 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

I didn't get a opportunity to try a10 but I take from it a majority like the new movement.

From a9 I always felt sprint was to slow and didn't use up stamina quick enough. It wasn't a burst of speed to get you from cover to cover but just a faster way to get from place to place which is what vehicles are for. It was still a legacy transition from the time we didn't have vehicles.

I'd like (from a9) slightly faster run. Significantly faster sprint but significantly increased stamina drain / gain. I feel it would encourage vehicle usage and better tactics in the use of cover with team mates covering those sprinting form places of cover to cover.  

V10 sprinting feels much more like a jog, rather than a very slow sprint(like v9).
I didn't measure it, but it felt like you could jog for longer than before.
Also the fact that you recharge stamina extremely quickly and unless you're completely out it doesn't really mess with your aim at all, it makes sprinting a more sustainable method of movement.
Not sure about the speed, but you get to top speed much faster, so when you're running from cover to cover, you're not extremely vulnerable for the first two seconds, but that might have to do more with the shooting mechanics.

Personally I'd like to see a Sprint to prone dive. Obviously not like V9, but more like V10 fall animation + prone transition.
i.e. you can't really do anything while transitioning and even after you hit the dirt you're unlikely to hit anything past 5 meters, because of the wobbling.

Edited by Peerun

5 say to slow - 30 say not at all.
Yet i think we all can agree that there could be some time-rescaling done on different type of animations. 

The movement isn't perfect, but it's absolutely better than how it was previously. Give it time, and I think the movement will be much more refined into a much more polished state compared to how it is now, and what's coming.

I think the stamina management has changed and I do not really like it. It is consumed more slowly and you earn much faster. This allows you to run much longer.

23 hours ago, Tmac said:

I think the stamina management has changed and I do not really like it. It is consumed more slowly and you earn much faster. This allows you to run much longer.

I prefer it.. you are running more slowly but have more energy..it would be worse if we were running slowly and losing energy quickly ..we would get no where .... slowly...

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

I prefer it.. you are running more slowly but have more energy..it would be worse if we were running slowly and losing energy quickly ..we would get no where .... slowly...

Are you sure that you run more slowly? I did not have the same feeling

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, Tmac said:

Are you sure that you run more slowly? I did not have the same feeling

I feel you are, in V9 the stamina runs out so quickly that you stop start so much with the short sprints .. perhaps its just impression I get because stamina is not running out so quickly..