Sign in to follow this  
Engagedrook8

A10 is great and all, but...

While a10 brings great improvements to the game, there are still a few pesky things that I hope will be addressed in the future. 

First on the list is rally points. Rallies right now are very spamy and often act as a FOB replacement rather than a regrouping point. So in my opinion if there is an enemy within 100m (75 at the very least) rallies should be unavailable, and if an enemy then comes inside that radius, that really should go down. That might be the case now but I swear I have spawned on a rally, walked 10 steps and have had enemies right next to me, second rallies should require the SL plus 2 additional members to put down. 

Secondly the light anti tank needs some love, before I go on with this I will also say there should only be one Lat kit in one squad. Anyway the last should be a good bit more effective, it’s annoying to me when I Driving a car or truck and I survive a rocket, and it’s even more frustrating when you on the other side. Light anti tank should be a one hit to any unarmored vehicle, and two to an apc/ Ifv that is currently in the game, the fact that a striker can take 3-4 is insane I’m not only making this suggestion because it’s more realistic, while that is a big reason it will also help out a lot with the current set of rushy tactics used by armored vehicles. Also, while I do know that different armor values for the front sides and back of vehicles is an intended feature all I can say is the sooner he better (that applies to dedicated crewman kits too) 

Another small gripe is all of the specs (dirt and stuff, not the actual scope marks) on the vehical scopes, it’s just annoying, and I don’t see any real reason for it

one more thing, please get those annoying name tags out my face, and if yall insist on keeping them, please just make them less invasive, I absolutely hate seeing teammates names through walls

other than that, great work owi, I’m loving what I got to play so far

Edited by Engagedrook8

I'd be against any more limitations to the rally point like unavailability, they already go down too easily. The only thing I'd go for is 10 second delay on that rally for each enemy within 100m.

2 hours ago, Engagedrook8 said:

Another small gripe is all of the specs on the vehical scopes, it’s just annoying, and I don’t see any real reason for it

Some of us are nerds and love that stuff. :x

2 hours ago, Engagedrook8 said:

While a10 brings great improvements to the game, there are still a few pesky things that I hope will be addressed in the future. 

First on the list is rally points. Rallies right now are very spamy and often act as a FOB replacement rather than a regrouping point. So in my opinion if there is an enemy within 100m (75 at the very least) rallies should be unavailable, and if an enemy then comes inside that radius, that really should go down. That might be the case now but I swear I have spawned on a rally, walked 10 steps and have had enemies right next to me, second rallies should require the SL plus 2 additional members to put down. 

Secondly the light anti tank needs some love, before I go on with this I will also say there should only be one Lat kit in one squad. Anyway the last should be a good bit more effective, it’s annoying to me when I Driving a car or truck and I survive a rocket, and it’s even more frustrating when you on the other side. Light anti tank should be a one hit to any unarmored vehicle, and two to an apc/ Ifv that is currently in the game, the fact that a striker can take 3-4 is insane I’m not only making this suggestion because it’s more realistic, while that is a big reason it will also help out a lot with the current set of rushy tactics used by armored vehicles. Also, while I do know that different armor values for the front sides and back of vehicles is an intended feature all I can say is the sooner he better (that applies to dedicated crewman kits too) 

Another small gripe is all of the specs on the vehical scopes, it’s just annoying, and I don’t see any real reason for it

one more thing, please get those annoying name tags out my face, and if yall insist on keeping them, please just make them less invasive, I absolutely hate seeing teammates names through walls

Some of that things are the next step for squad updates, the labels need to take longer to emerge, and should not run at greater distances, at least not enough to not detract so much of the depth of play, currently the players are relying on the labels to engage when it should be by positioning, communication and eventual verification on the map. besides they do not appear through obstacles: P

- another thing would be the physical existence of the supplies in the form of boxes, bags ... or whatever, but I believe that these should be being worked by the devs, especially with the air logistics coming.

- As for the rallies, I suggest you come here:

the realistic depiction of the vehicles reticule is the correct  for  squad.

Edited by blayas

3 hours ago, Maki said:

While I do understand that that can happen to optics, realistically they would be maintained/cleaned and that would be mostly removed. That is my logic anyway, I may be wrong.

3 hours ago, blayas said:

- another thing would be the physical existence of the supplies in the form of boxes, bags ... or whatever, but I believe that these should be being worked by the devs, especially with the air logistics coming.

the realistic depiction of the vehicles reticule is the correct  for  squad.

A. I totally agree with the physical logistics, I just forgot about it in my post

B. I do understand that vehical optics can have stuff like that, but one would think that crews would maintain/clean the optics and most of that would be removed. I could be wrong but that is my logic

20 minutes ago, Engagedrook8 said:

A. I totally agree with the physical logistics, I just forgot about it in my post

B. I do understand that vehical optics can have stuff like that, but one would think that crews would maintain/clean the optics and most of that would be removed. I could be wrong but that is my logic

Did you mean the dirt on the optics? if yes, sorry hehehe, I misread your sentence, yes the crew would probably keep it clean.

7 hours ago, Engagedrook8 said:

RP's are meant to be spammy, it's their nature. 2. RP's can't be replacement for FOB, because the entire team can't spawn on ur RP, only ur squad. 3. Devs have tested different ranges on RP deployment, they have decided 50m is the sweet spot. 3 ppl (1SL+2 Players) to put down a RP is retarded, and adds to the micromanagement of SL. No thank you.

Edited by BatSithCrazy

On 12/23/2017 at 1:49 PM, Engagedrook8 said:

This. The number of times in V10 rallies were camped for kills was way too high. Rallies should be for spawning outside of an area/re-grouping and moving in. You shouldn't have people within ~15m just staring at it hoping for kills - especially when the SL says spawn on rally and poof you have a whole squad there and an MG or single grenade from someone watching it wrecks it all lol.

If you walk within a grid of a rally it should drop.

Edited by Arduras

4 hours ago, LugNut said:

I noticed more RPs being camped as well in V10, did they change something?

I don’t think so, I think it was just more noticeable with the new weapons and capabilities introduced in v10

5 hours ago, LugNut said:

I don't think anything was specifically changed, but perhaps the quality of gameplay was just lower than usual because people were "trying things out" and thus didn't put rallies in as-safe-as-possible areas like they should, and thus they were found and camped more often?

7 hours ago, LugNut said:

I see two reasons

1# Over excited people testing things out due to game pace changes etc seeing what they'd get away with and how far they could push their luck.

2# People not having confidence in their shooting/movement abilities, due to new gunplay and movement. Resulting in people playing it safe or just camping easy kills.

On 2017/12/24 at 6:35 AM, Maki said:

If the vehicle sights had fewer lines and Russian words that I can’t read, I would probably stop playing :P Don’t you dare dumb-down the sights, devs!

On 2017-12-23 at 7:49 PM, Engagedrook8 said:

I don't believe it is more realistic that a Stryker can be taken out with just one "Light Anti Tank" kit. Actually according to Swedish field manual SoldF regarding the use of the more powerful Swedish AT4 84mm rpg, it will take 3-4 hits to take out an APC and they count on 5-6 rounds having to be fired to achieve that effect. Although old soviet bmp-style APCs are probably easier to take out than modern APCs.

https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansarskott_m/86

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

13 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

I don't believe it is more realistic that a Stryker can be taken out with just one "Light Anti Tank" kit. Actually according to Swedish field manual SoldF regarding the use of the more powerful Swedish AT4 84mm rpg, it will take 3-4 hits to take out an APC and they count on 5-6 rounds having to be fired to achieve that effect. Although old soviet bmp-style APCs are probably easier to take out than modern APCs.

https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansarskott_m/86

This all depends on shot placement, any modern shaped charge warhead can penetrate he relatively thin armor of apcs/IFVs, although if the warhead doesn’t hit anything important the vehical should be fine or at least operational.  however if crew, engine, transmission, ammunition ( that would be very destructive as it often causes cook-off) or other important  systems are hit it would result in a mission kill, leaving the vehical useless. As much as I would like to see a system that detailed in squad, I don’t think it is realistic to expect that from owi right now. But a less forgiving system would be a vast improvement over the current damage model. My current hope is that hey are waiting for the implementation of tanks and other more heavy fighting vehicles to fix this issue.

Edited by Engagedrook8

8 hours ago, Engagedrook8 said:

This all depends on shot placement, any modern shaped charge warhead can penetrate he relatively thin armor of apcs/IFVs, although if the warhead doesn’t hit anything important the vehical should be fine or at least operational.  however if crew, engine, transmission, ammunition ( that would be very destructive as it often causes cook-off) or other important  systems are hit it would result in a mission kill, leaving the vehical useless. As much as I would like to see a system that detailed in squad, I don’t think it is realistic to expect that from owi right now. But a less forgiving system would be a vast improvement over the current damage model. My current hope is that hey are waiting for the implementation of tanks and other more heavy fighting vehicles to fix this issue.

True that.