Usgu

Auto-kick: MTLB is not your personal taxi

Got this message yesterday when playing A10 on the public test build. Not sure if auto-kicking is new in A10 or already in A9, hence I put it here.

This is what happened: Played in a squad. A team mate abondoned at BTR. SL ordered it to be moved to the squad's location. So I got in, drove it over. Because I was medic, SL ordered two rifelmen to take over and me to follow the squad. I did as I was told. I left the vehicle and as I was moving towards my squad, I got auto-kicked with the following message.

Server Message:
Kicked from the server: MTLB is not your personal taxi. Do not solo and abandon armor.

Obviously, this didn't feel very good, and wasn't fair/right. I don't think an automatic system will be able to always make the right choice. Instead of having a unfair automatic system, I rather have no automatic system.

Alternative suggestions: Pop a message to the SL, report the incident to him (e.g. "Player Usgu was seen abondoning a vehicle. Should he be kicked from the server? Approve/Cancel") and let him approve or disapprove the kick manually (e.g. PageUp = approve, PageDown = abort). Same could be applied for a whole bunch of incidents, e.g. team killing.

I think a server admin saw you hop into it and drive off or vice versa and wasn't aware of the situation. Unlike vanilla Battlefield where nobody cares if you solo a vehicle it really gets players mad when you solo one in PR/Squad. Were you in the wrong? No, you were just bringing the vehicle. You shouldn't have been kicked but the admin didn't know any better. If you wish you can find the admins of that server and tell them what happened, I am sure they will understand and apologize. 

Edited by Maki

Kick/ban appeal (Although Kick wouldn't need appeal) is being dealt in own server discords

Each server has their own rules such as no-one manning a vic, no rush, Certain high ping gets kicked... etc 

Other than that @Maki's point is the answer

Well, my point wasn't so much about complaining about an admin action but the assumption that this was an automatic response and making a suggestion to make it better.

Was this definitely an admin and not an automatic response? Anyone knows for sure?

The only automated server kick/ban that is currently available for servers, is for team-kills.

You were kicked by an admin, as only customized kick/ban messages are present for manual kicks/bans, made by a server admin when he types out the reason for kick/ban.

Anything worth less than a login truck should be free one man. Never heard your single manning a technical.