Thoughts on v10?  

161 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Through much speculation, many players have stated that they want v10 to stay released, yet updated as certain features are fixed. Would you rather have the devs;

• release v10 once it is completely finished
    • release v10 now and fix features along the road
    • Integrate certain features into v9 until the rest are ready

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2017 at 06:59 AM

On 12/24/2017 at 9:38 PM, Duke_Nukem said:

Apparently you have never shot an m4/AR.

I was in the Australian Army.

You said "PR has better shooting mechanics". PRs shooting mechanics are terrible in comparison to how Squad is now designed. That's the point of contention here.

On 23-12-2017 at 12:56 PM, kuratomi1950 said:

Here's my take on it.....

......that is totally acceptable. 

So yes, if I had to pick I would say release V10 as it as and polish on the way, it can only get better from there. 

It's nice to see all the opinions pop out in the discussion. Keep it up guys! Have a great day. 

My thoughts exactly. Squad is not meant to be a fast paced shooter, and i don't think the devs want it to be, neither do i.

On 23/12/2017 at 3:28 AM, Duke_Nukem said:

4. Dont release v10 at all....  The shooting is terrible. the game was great just needed more content and a few tweaks to the mechanics.  It didnt need to take a left turn into milsim.  You gave in to the feedback you got from the few.  Not the majority that dont really give their voice.

I feel this is wrong. The backers wanted it slower and more tactical. There are too many arcady games out there with fast pace and dolphin diving. This game is a successor to Project Reality. The slower the better and more rewarding the gameplay is. Think before you move or shoot.. the game is forging its own identity. Hell I would of liked it even slower!

It seems from this post,

People with less than 50 posts = We want cod

Backers, founders, PR vets with  50+ posts = We like v10 and want it slow and tactical

*Interesting* 

I played Squad every now and again, I was never really a huge, dedicated fan of it but I liked what it was. I didn't get to play v10, but from what I see it's only good. I want slower gameplay, better movement and rifle mechanics, more intense firefights and so forth. I'm looking forward to taking up the marksman position and actually being one (I always prefer the longer range roles in most games anyway). 

I like Battlefield, games like Arma 3 and so on, they're quicker paced and you can get into action faster, Arma is a bit iffy in the gunplay but it's still quick. However, Squad should leave the fast-paced gunplay to the games which were designed with that in mind. Squad was meant to be slow, it's not the same as the rest which is why it interests me, and with v10 soon to be released I can see that interest only growing.

Squad should stick to it's slow pace and make it work. The fast-paced shooters can stay in their own category, we don't want another here.

18 hours ago, ParaPlays said:

It seems from this post,

People with less than 50 posts = We want cod

Backers, founders, PR vets with  50+ posts = We like v10 and want it slow and tactical

*Interesting* 

This is my very first post on this board...

and i I still want slow and tactical!!!!

With that said, I think I understand the psychology behind why people enjoy 3rd person, casual shooters - they are casual players who use gaming as an escape or as some method of self aggrandizement.  Me - I just want games to become more and more realistic, tactical, and accurate to real combat and terrifying situations.  

Leave escapism to mario brothers in my opinion...