Thoughts on v10?  

161 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Through much speculation, many players have stated that they want v10 to stay released, yet updated as certain features are fixed. Would you rather have the devs;

• release v10 once it is completely finished
    • release v10 now and fix features along the road
    • Integrate certain features into v9 until the rest are ready

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2017 at 06:59 AM

More weapon mechanics, mechanical suppression flinch, sway and things like that also create more learning curve, currently without any of these mechanics that is in Squad I find absolutely no problem to drop-dead few soldiers in one-shot in a matter of couple seconds. It's way too easy to aim everything with the scope in this game. Because with the flinch like that is in DH 44-45 mod I can still manage to shoot enemies but it's obviously a lot harder than without the in-game flinch. It takes time to perfect it.

Edited by Friesen

The current v10 is superior to v9 and provides the game with a breath of much needed fresh air. Since playing over a year now I always felt the direction laid out by the devs and what v10 now delivers is exactly what I paid for.  The current v10 gunplay is great. It's not too milsim intense like arma or too casual which leads to frustrating deaths. V9, while a slowed down run and gun style always felt like a temporary placeholder until animations were introduced.

The option to stick with this v10 until the official v10 is released should be allowed. I for one know I won't be playing Squad until the v10 official release if i'm forced to move into backwardness.

It's crazy to think some throwing the word "core community" are truly upset about where this is going. Run and gun gameplay and prone diving has oversaturated the market. I cant believe that some veteran users are really angry that you have to hide behind cover and actually think about your next steps. The phase of sprinting to your objective and insta proning to snap shoot back is gone and hopefully never coming back. That style belongs in bf1 and Insurgency, not Squad.  Look at what happened to the poor RS series when they catered to the super casual base with Vietnam... what a mess. 

I hope the devs continue their current track.

Edited by Gammazeta430
grammar/spelling

2 hours ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

I don't like any of the vote choices.  If #2 means keep a public test branch, count me in.

That is the first choice, actually. I tried not to be too specific for reasons of simplicity. Choice #2 refers to completely releasing v10 (to where we would not have to go to custom servers) and fixing features update to update. The problem with a test branch would be how divided the player base would be. Some like v9 better, some like v10 better. Although that would encompass the entire player base, there may not be a large enough player base to fill the test branch and v9, yet.

7 minutes ago, AddictOfGames said:

Some like v9 better, some like v10 better.

It does not matter if they like v9 better. V10 is coming. They could voice their desire for how they think it should be but in the end it will still be v10.

Some of us remember playing Squad pre-prone day's, every update has changed Squad to what our Devs have planned for. 

When Vehicles come out some  folk's disliked the change (from Infantry only).

Yeah, V10 is here to stay and more changes to come in the near future.

Some are going to be dissapointed.

3 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Some of us remember playing Squad pre-prone day's, every update has changed Squad to what our Devs have planned for. 

When Vehicles come out some  folk's disliked the change (from Infantry only).

Yeah, V10 is here to stay and more changes to come in the near future.

Some are going to be dissapointed.

Oh yeah, dont forget the acog where you could see the front sight which was annoying, or when you could launch yourself into the air with a 203

17 hours ago, Kanipshun said:

The weapon sway and recoil seems too much to me. Speaking from a guy who takes rifle or medic I feel our guns are truly inferior to the guns with bipods and scopes. I miss things about v9 and I hope this release will change a bit before its released. Its becoming more realism and less fun imo

a whole lot less fun.  If i wanted realism i would have bought arma.  now squad is beyond arma.  PR had way better shooting than squad does now.

Edited by Duke_Nukem

14 hours ago, =DRK=SLAMMED said:

Gotta throw my two cents in....yeah this was a heavy core dev team from PR, but I mean really this isn’t PR:2. This is Squad I see both sides of the story. a lot of people complaining about the current shooting mechanics are just horrible shooters that can’t get more then ten kills....so of course y’all have to complain lol.... this game was on the right track but now going heavily milsim I don’t agree one bit. Slow game play and all is fun but you can never replace the fun quick pace of its current state. Core group isn’t PR players this is a different game I know a lot have came from PR but once again this isn’t PR or a PR remake lol. The core group are the ones that have been here since the beginning of the squad Kickstarter and such..stop living in the past. Side note just because the shooting mechanics have been changed to slow pace....Top shooters from FFO, T//A, AD, Docs office, and VKNG will still be wiping the floor with the tears of players :) we will adapt and enjoy the salt from players that get mad at us for being “too good” and doesn’t make the game fun lmao

I would adapt but got very bored.   milsim = boring.

1 minute ago, Duke_Nukem said:

a whole lot less fun.  If i wanted realism i would have bought arma.  now squad is beyond arma.  PR had way better shooting than squad does now.

I disagree. I'm loving the shooting in v10. Could you please explain to me why you feel the shooting in PR is better?

2 hours ago, Noxxid3 said:

Oh yeah, dont forget the acog where you could see the front sight which was annoying, or when you could launch yourself into the air with a 203

And never forget laying underneath an APC to flip it over and launch that into the air! Priceless. 

I love v10 gameplay changes. I’ve already seen people reacting differently, such as being more cautious and communicating, in instances where theh would have just done run and gun in v9. I don’t care if v10 takes more time because I’m so pleased with how it’s shaping up.

I've taken a long break from the game as I felt it was way too fast for my tastes, but the v10 playtest was some of the best Squad gameplay I've gotten. I understand that some people may be well adjusted to how the game has played out for so long, but I personally feel like this is the correct path for Squad to take. It currently has the chance to be more than what felt like a run-and-gun shooter up until this point, and I'm extremely eager to get more time with v10 in the future.

Awww man, now I have to quit playing for another 3 months until it's released :(((

13 hours ago, Duke_Nukem said:

milsim = boring.

Has the general consensus become with the inclusion of v10 that Squad will stop straddling the fence between casual arcade army pew pew and realistic milsim?

On 23/12/2017 at 3:28 AM, Duke_Nukem said:

4. Dont release v10 at all....  The shooting is terrible. the game was great just needed more content and a few tweaks to the mechanics.  It didnt need to take a left turn into milsim.  You gave in to the feedback you got from the few.  Not the majority that dont really give their voice.

I think most players who play Squad as one of their regular games come from FPS games. So this major turn into a more realistic shooter might not be very popular among them. It does feel clunky and very out of control but that’s because I’m sprinting everywhere, changing stances every 3 or 4 seconds and flicking my mouse around. It feels a lot slower now and more tactical. 

However, I played a bit of v10 and in my experience one tapping and two tapping is still there, but less frequently than in previous versions. I was very interested to see if firefights would last longer and turn into proper full on engagements. But there’s still plenty more updates to come so I’m very optimistic. 

V10 is absolutely stunning!! Makes V9 feel old and sluggish. I love everything about it, one thing to note is that M4's equipped with a CCO (M68) have the RED DOT lollipopped on the tip of the front sight post, this is not an accurate representation of how it is used within the US Army. The RED DOT hovers a solid 3/4 of an inch above the post (just as in V9), just FYI!

Edited by PUNISHER-lll

On 12/23/2017 at 6:49 AM, xXclusiive(Vergy) said:

Squad is not PR and you are right, it is not a PR remake but these devs came from PR and I am willing to bet a lot of there ideas are in line with the game play of PR. They said it right from the beginning in the Kickstart about what they are trying to do and v9 is not it. I do not know what you guys were expecting but the devs are trying to replicate actual warfare and yes that is pretty much mil-sim in game sense. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.thumb.jpg.adc83a7d072ac99dc8ef315ff3f478d4.jpg

Twitchy gun mechanics and fast pace game play which you find in games such as COD is not intended for Squad. With every update the game will slow down and become more, here I say it, true to life. 

Also in order to have a mature, sensible discussion you can not talk down to people..

Like c'mon, only people that are crying is you guys because the game is shaping up to the way it was always suppose to be. You honestly need to suck it up because the devs are not going to make the game that suits your fast pace competitive play style.

Want true to life?  How about we make it so a squad of 9 is stuck for 10 hours because of 1 guy on a roof.  Duck and cover behind a wall for 10 hours.  Thats real combat!   How about it takes 6 hours for 1 squad to combat an enemy squad across a field?  That would be a ton of fun!  That's Realism.  Now do we want simulation or something fun to play?  I vote for something fun.  If you want realism, you can always enlist - the doors are open.

Edited by Duke_Nukem

18 hours ago, Duke_Nukem said:

Because nothing says "better shooting mechanics" like random deviation. LUL.

6 minutes ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

Because nothing says "better shooting mechanics" like random deviation. LUL.

Apparently you have never shot an m4/AR.  Unload the whole magazine as fast as you can and you will be suprised at the groupings.  Apparently the devs think an m4 kicks like a .30-06 BAR.

Edited by Duke_Nukem

16 minutes ago, Duke_Nukem said:

Want true to life?  How about we make it so a squad of 9 is stuck for 10 hours because of 1 guy on a roof.  Duck and cover behind a wall for 10 hours.  Thats real combat!   How about it takes 6 hours for 1 squad to combat an enemy squad across a field?  That would be a ton of fun!  That's Realism.  Now do we want simulation or something fun to play?  I vote for something fun.  If you want realism, you can always enlist - the doors are open.

Eh. Simulating anything. It's not really about making it a carbon copy, is it? That'd be, as you say not fun, but also impossible. It's about making it proportionally true to life. Like you can make a map, with a 1:10000 scale. Is it true to life? No. Is it useful simulation? Yes.
It's a useful simulation of real life to the extent that you are trying to know where things are and how they relate to each other in terms of distance and scale.
The same thing applies here. Can you allow one guy on a roof to pin down a squad of nine players for 10 hours? No. Does pinning down a squad allow you to do anything useful, in real life, during those 10 hours? Flank them? Yes. Does pinning down a squad of nine allow you to flank the squad, even if it only takes 2 minutes, in the game? Yes.

But to be honest I'm having trouble understanding your thought process. On one hand you say that V10 is boring, because it's too milsimmy. Then you go on to say that the ingame M4 doesn't handle like a real M4, therefore not a milsim.
Which is it, friend?

1 hour ago, Duke_Nukem said:

Apparently you have never shot an m4/AR.  Unload the whole magazine as fast as you can and you will be suprised at the groupings.  Apparently the devs think an m4 kicks like a .30-06 BAR.

Not really, I agree with the DEVs approach on M4 recoil. M4's in general are pretty light and the M855 mil-spec ammo is a hot load at something near ++P so the recoil is quite appropriate.

2 hours ago, Duke_Nukem said:

Already did 3 years so I closed that door a few years back. I want what the devs are trying to deliver, what they have always said from the start and as we can see its coming along quite well.

Change will happen no matter what anyone says, all you can do is adapt or quit.
Some of the changes in v10 are negative but the majority are positive, really positive to be honest. I managed to test it for a couple of hours and it felt great even with the bugs and glitches.

It's slowly evolving to something in between arcade and milsim games and I believe it's a good thing. All I am waiting for now is for v10 to get polished and then later down the line more content like vehicles, weapons and equipment.

Great work OWI!

Have a good holiday now and a fantastic new year!

Edited by Quacken