Thoughts on v10?  

161 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Through much speculation, many players have stated that they want v10 to stay released, yet updated as certain features are fixed. Would you rather have the devs;

• release v10 once it is completely finished
    • release v10 now and fix features along the road
    • Integrate certain features into v9 until the rest are ready

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2017 at 06:59 AM

Hello Squad community!

While streaming this game on Friday, I heard many great things about this new update. Playing with the new animations, accuracy value changes and much more content was exhilarating and gave me the mental high I received while first playing this game. I heard a rock solid reply to almost everyone I asked; they do not want v9 anymore (and some refusing to play again until v10 comes out!). There is no question of v10 not being ready, but I want to make sure that the feedback I got was not server-biased but included with the entire community. 

Thanks,

FlowBeatBoxTV 

P.S, if you can't play the game but can watch it, come view my stream on twitch!

/flowbeatbox 

Edited by AddictOfGames

4. Dont release v10 at all....  The shooting is terrible. the game was great just needed more content and a few tweaks to the mechanics.  It didnt need to take a left turn into milsim.  You gave in to the feedback you got from the few.  Not the majority that dont really give their voice.

Edited by Duke_Nukem

I would like to see an early version of v10 released as it gives the game a whole new feel. I understand there are bugs, but going back to v9 just doesn't seem right. Plus we already extend the public play test, might as well make it permanent.  I personally think I would probably stop playing if we have to deal with v9 again. 

20 minutes ago, Duke_Nukem said:

4. Dont release v10 at all....  The shooting is terrible. the game was great just needed more content and a few tweaks to the mechanics.  It didnt need to take a left turn into milsim.  You gave in to the feedback you got from the few.  Not the majority that dont really give their voice.

That is exactly why I did the poll, but I did not consider that option. I thought the same thing when I first started playing, but grew on me after a few hours.

36 minutes ago, Duke_Nukem said:

I personally feel the complete opposite. I played PR for years and years and when squad first came out i jumped in with my commander pack and was so ready to get into "PR2".. Boy was I shocked to find that Squad was not feeling like what I wanted in a newer Project Reality type game.

I played here and there and didn't really rack up too many hours, although the game play was quite fun and immersive to me, the feeling of my characters movements and the shooting just didn't feel right.. Enter V10... my god.. this update didn't just come through the door.. it blew the door off its hinges and planted it in the wall... V10 has taken Squad from feeling like an Alpha to feeling like an amazingly loved and polished game. Its so clear to me how much hard work these Devs have put into their game and my feeling of support for Squad and its community has just exploded. I cannot wait to see where Squad goes and future updates. Thank you Devs for all your hard work and for the all the criticisms you receive you put out patches that are simply amazing.

As a side note, to the squad members I led on the 22nd thank you for your patience and cooperation with my squad leading, I hope to continue improving my knowledge and grow into a great leader in Squad.

Cheers,

Frumplequest

1 hour ago, Duke_Nukem said:

To be fair, if you don't give your voice/feedback, you got nothing to complain about. Since you contributed nothing to the discussion. 

Quoted from someone in my clan.  It is pretty much the opinion of 3/4 of us.  

"

Don't get me wrong, a lot of amazing improvements have been made to the game, but... after playing Squad for 2,000+ hours this new patch has changed so many game mechanics that it feels like a completely different game. Each patch seems like the gameplay is getting slower, and this is the most significant in that aspect.

Now after that introduction paragraph, I understand there are bugs and that the V10 beta is a play test, but I know the bugs will be fixed. That's not my issue. The bullet deviation, slower movement speed, slower scope in speed, and many more changes make it a completely different game for a lot of players.

I get it, the devs probably planned for this kind of update before, and the milsim community probably pleasures them selves with this play test, but i'm interested if anybody truely feels like the update is a setback for the core community of Squad players that have been here from the beginning. I am speaking for a lot of core players. It seems like the meta is now to prone and lean behind tree's.

All I see is everybody extremely hyped for this update, and it does feel like a very smooth patch as my frames are stable at 80. Maybe some of the core players and I are the only ones who feel this way, but i'd like to know other's opinions on the changes to the speed of the game."

I feel like this patch is an excellent step in the right direction, and once it is polished up with the bugs being fixed, it will be the best version of squad by far.

Absolutely love V10 and theres nothing i would want changed. The slower game play draws out firefights and makes strategy more important than the run and gun tactics that I'm used to. Please make this a separate game for the moment because I dread going back to V9. Everything about V10 makes the game seem more realistic, fun and engaging. Everyone that I have talked to just loves the new meta, so please devs let it stay and let us find more bugs than you ever dreamed of.

Love seeing the people crying about v10 ruining their stale gameplay, but definitely think we need a full v10 release, not this. 

18 minutes ago, Duke_Nukem said:

"

Don't get me wrong, a lot of amazing improvements have been made to the game, but... after playing Squad for 2,000+ hours this new patch has changed so many game mechanics that it feels like a completely different game. Each patch seems like the gameplay is getting slower, and this is the most significant in that aspect.

Now after that introduction paragraph, I understand there are bugs and that the V10 beta is a play test, but I know the bugs will be fixed. That's not my issue. The bullet deviation, slower movement speed, slower scope in speed, and many more changes make it a completely different game for a lot of players.

I get it, the devs probably planned for this kind of update before, and the milsim community probably pleasures them selves with this play test, but i'm interested if anybody truely feels like the update is a setback for the core community of Squad players that have been here from the beginning. I am speaking for a lot of core players. It seems like the meta is now to prone and lean behind tree's.

All I see is everybody extremely hyped for this update, and it does feel like a very smooth patch as my frames are stable at 80. Maybe some of the core players and I are the only ones who feel this way, but i'd like to know other's opinions on the changes to the speed of the game."

This game was supposed to be like PR so I don't know how you can say or even hint this is going in the wrong direct. You and all of the other comp clans are just salty that your meta is broken. 

2 hours ago, tomlson said:

Love seeing the people crying about v10 ruining their stale gameplay, but definitely think we need a full v10 release, not this. 

This game was supposed to be like PR so I don't know how you can say or even hint this is going in the wrong direct. You and all of the other comp clans are just salty that your meta is broken. 

Lol this. Got good at playing one style and now can't handle their old tactics don't mean a thing with the improvements.

It blows my mind people are actually voting to keep v9. The game was stale and everyone I know was dropping it. The game feels more realistic and no more running and gunning like call of duty. You have to take your time and the firefights are more intense. No more bs drop shots. I can't go back to v9 after playing v10. Could you imagine having to jump crouch to get over a walk again? Falling two feet and losing health? The game has always been great but now we've got a taste of where it's really going and it looks and plays even better.

I hate the laser-accuracy of Squad and this is why I've stopped playing it, optics being way too OP. I hope this update as well as the future updates will increase overall sway, shooting mechanics, penalties for getting hit and especially a small jump/flinch/sway for passing bullets by player's head.

Without these mechanics the game is all about sniping each other off and zero covering fire/suppressive fire based on teamwork and mutual squad firepower.

Edited by Friesen

The weapon sway and recoil seems too much to me. Speaking from a guy who takes rifle or medic I feel our guns are truly inferior to the guns with bipods and scopes. I miss things about v9 and I hope this release will change a bit before its released. Its becoming more realism and less fun imo

Sway and Recoil I dearly hope they will not decrease it. Because it really should be higher than that and I love how this prolongs the firefights and makes them more based on coordinated squad firepower instead of individual point & shoot.

The problem is not recoil and sway, the problem is the way optics operate in this game are way too overpowering. And what it needs is a tiny sway/jump to passing bullets and this is where optics will then be forced to seek hidden positions to fire from because the flinch naturally affects the zoom much more than non-zoomed regular iron-sights.

I hope they will add a tiny flinch like here (comparison between Insurgency vs DH) ->

And then the game will be complete for me.

Edited by Friesen

4 hours ago, Duke_Nukem said:

"

top kek. you know who has really been there from the beginning? PR community. That's the core. 

What you did is just wrapped your wrong expectations around that core.

Edited by lisasu

36 minutes ago, lisasu said:

top kek. you know who has really been there from the beginning? PR community. That's the core. 

What you did is just wrapped your wrong expectations around that core.

The guy displays his opinions in a respectable manner and you flame him? Feel good now dontcha

In this video the top comment "And machineguns won't even be at their best with V10 since there is no major suppression overhaul."

Had 20 likes within few minutes. Now it's got 110 likes.

Anyone can have an opinion. But when someone says that the majority wants a game where everything is about simple point & shoot and a sniping feast of a game then it's clearly a disinformation. Majority want a game where firing a machine gun won't feel like you're being sniped within seconds of firing like it was in v9 and that actually can effectively suppress the enemies.

Edited by Friesen

when the devs are releasing content they spend a lot of time making it playable in its current state, taking away from further development of future features, obviously you have to release content sometimes to have a new base to work on, however adding a little content often is not very time efficient, lets just stay patient :)

there are texture loading problems with the acog for me.

a bunch of climbing and faulting issues also.

the bi-pod is great but uncomfortable to wield

healing seems more difficult as the corpse seems to not want to register the equipment (for me)

and sometimes after i get revived ill see a 1p and also my 3p scope floating in front of me.

its headache enduing after a while.

fix the problems then launch. otherwise squad will get a ****-tonne of negative reviews on steam and it will ultimately damage the integrity of the game

lol about these guys...they want less recoil and more speed gameplay? OMG  just play Rising Storm Vietnam, Battlefield, CoD and others 100 games.

Devs...don t ruins Squad plz.

Im not crazy about v10 but id be content if 2 things- 1)single fire recoil was reduced by 25% of what it is now and 2)reduce the crazy sway motion of the gun going from standing to crouched by 50%. 

37 minutes ago, lisasu said:

Respectable? I was taught one has to earn respect. Self-proclaiming to be the core because 2000 hours and some dunce-clan-tag does not earn my respect.

Nobody will ever give you respect by not showing any, or class for that matter. He has his opinion and you have yours C'est la vie.

Here's my take on it, I've been an early player of PR, waaaaay back in the 0.5, 6, 7, all the way until 1.4 now. When squad came out I was really hyped because it was a dream come true, the spiritual succesor to one of the best games I had ever played on a really good looking engine, I was very very very excited. Then I played it for the first time and to be honest I was kind of let down, I knew it was going to be lacking a lot of things but at least I was expecting some similar gunplay and the likes but it just felt odd, everything from the sprinting to ADS to proning time was just off. I stopped playing, came back for vehicles and left again because most of the gameplay mechanics remained the same.

With  v10 in SQUAD however I feel like the devs have taken a HUGE step forward, all of my friends that stopped playing squad instantly jumped back into v10 because it has now started to feel like the game the DEVS had in mind and the game they had originally planned to release and this is why I think people who say, "the gameplay is too slow now, I want point and shoot, too much time on this or that" are wrong. I'm sorry to let you know that this is the way the game was always planned. Go play Project Reality, give it a try, you'll see the despite the limiting features of the Refractor engine the devs did an amazing job and made a slow paced tactical shooter that was fun to play because it was not ARMA but it also wasn't Battlefield or Red Orchestra, they hit a sweet spot between milsim and fun. There's a reason this game is called the spiritual succesor of PR. 

The game is supposed to be slow paced, if you're setup waiting for someone and you have the first shot, it is most likely the other person will die and that is how it's supposed to be. You are rushing into a building don't expect to insta ADS into CQB fights like this is Rainbow Six Siege because other people are probably already looking down their sights waiting for you to go in, that's why you smoke and nade first. It's about planning and being careful not CS:GO quick flicks and reactions. 

I'm sorry but I can't agree with all the people that say they want the old fast gameplay back because that is not what SQUAD is meant to be, and I also can't agree with people saying they want v9 back when v10 is hundreds of miles of progress into a much better game despite the bugs. I've played a good 10 rounds and had 2 bugs. TWO. Which were both not game breaking. For an alpha game that is totally acceptable. 

So yes, if I had to pick I would say release V10 as it as and polish on the way, it can only get better from there. 

It's nice to see all the opinions pop out in the discussion. Keep it up guys! Have a great day. 

Edited by kuratomi1950
grammar and spelling

This exactly ^^

I was hugely disappointed with Squad gunplay mainly and stopped playing. The only thing missing for me is a small flinch/sway for passing bullets which would hugely balance out the whole optics vs iron-sights, because then the optics would seek for cover whenever the machine gun is firing at him, and not just pop up and instantly pick anyone off in seconds that's happening in Squad. It just makes me not want to play it and would be hugely disappointed if the devs reduce sway/recoil.

And I've made a video a while back of how the optics should behave when they're being fired at -> example of a flinch suppression from Darkest Hour 44-45 mod

Edited by Friesen

17 minutes ago, kuratomi1950 said:

Here's my take on it, I've been an early player of PR, waaaaay back in the 0.5, 6, 7, all the way until 1.4 now. When squad came out I was really hyped because it was a dream come true, the spiritual succesor to one of the best games I had ever played on a really good looking engine, I was very very very excited. Then I played it for the first time and to be honest I was kind of let down, I knew it was going to be lacking a lot of things but at least I was expecting some similar gunplay and the likes but it just felt odd, everything from the sprinting to ADS to proning time was just off. I stopped playing, came back for vehicles and left again because most of the gameplay mechanics remained the same.

With  v10 in SQUAD however I feel like the devs have taken a HUGE step forward, all of my friends that stopped playing squad instantly jumped back into v10 because it has now started to feel like the game the DEVS had in mind and the game they had originally planned to release and this is why I think people who say, "the gameplay is too slow now, I want point and shoot, too much time on this or that" are wrong. I'm sorry to let you know that this is the way the game was always planned. Go play Project Reality, give it a try, you'll see the despite the limiting features of the Refractor engine the devs did an amazing job and made a slow paced tactical shooter that was fun to play because it was not ARMA but it also wasn't Battlefield or Red Orchestra, they hit a sweet spot between milsim and fun. There's a reason this game is called the spiritual succesor of PR. 

The game is supposed to be slow paced, if you're setup waiting for someone and you have the first shot, it is most likely the other person will die and that is how it's supposed to be. You are rushing into a building don't expect to insta ADS into CQB fights like this is Rainbow Six Siege because other people are probably already looking down their sights waiting for you to go in, that's why you smoke and nade first. It's about planning and being careful not CS:GO quick flicks and reactions. 

I'm sorry but I can't agree with all the people that say they want the old fast gameplay back because that is not what SQUAD is meant to be, and I also can't agree with people saying they want v9 back when v10 is hundreds of miles of progress into a much better game despite the bugs. I've played a good 10 rounds and had 2 bugs. TWO. Which were both not game breaking. For an alpha game that is totally acceptable. 

So yes, if I had to pick I would say release V10 as it as and polish on the way, it can only get better from there. 

It's nice to see all the opinions pop out in the discussion. Keep it up guys! Have a great day. 

AGREE! 100% now let us stay in V10 until release :P