Sign in to follow this  
FeatherSton3

Why does the 30 MIL shoot very fast now?!

Why does the 30 mil fire super quickly now (at least on firing range?!) It was already OP. Now it shoots what seems like 3 times the speed it shot before pre alpha v10

This is an autocannon 2a72, which in official terms is capable of firing at 400r / pm, but like its predecessor I assume that it can also have the adjusted fire rate, with 400r / pm being a sustainable fire rate and 600 or 800 r / pm at unsustainable rates. Unsustainable fire rate means you'll have to shoot for a few moments and then let the gun cool down so you do not overheat.

It's a perfectly correct change and it makes the gun behave like its real counterpart, before the 2a72 had the rate of fire of a damn l21 rarden at 90rp / m

11 hours ago, Draco said:

Because that's how it is in real life :)

so the kind of BOOM. BOOM. BOOM that it made before wasn't realistic then?!?

I don't know any history behind the vehicle, but I guess I would have thought a caliber of that size would have had the fire-rate it had before the v10 update

5 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

so the kind of BOOM. BOOM. BOOM that it made before wasn't realistic then?!?

I don't know any history behind the vehicle, but I guess I would have thought a caliber of that size would have had the fire-rate it had before the v10 update

No, it wasn't. Now it's basically perfectly realistic. Search up yt vids :P

Edited by Draco

1 hour ago, FeatherSton3 said:

This is what I found.... 

Here is a BPPU modernized turret with their 2a72 autocannon (btr-60 parts),  Remember what I said before, both 2a72 and its 2a42 predecessor are able to switch to 400, 600 or 800r / pm fire rates, and I've seen bmp-2s using rates in excess of 1000r/pm, the btr of your video was shooting very slowly, perhaps because of training or ammunition saving, especially if it is an exported btr.

Edited by blayas

7 hours ago, blayas said:

Here is a BPPU modernized turret with their 2a72 autocannon (btr-60 parts),  Remember what I said before, both 2a72 and its 2a42 predecessor are able to switch to 400, 600 or 800r / pm fire rates, and I've seen bmp-2s using rates in excess of 1000r/pm, the btr of your video was shooting very slowly, perhaps because of training or ammunition saving, especially if it is an exported btr.

This is what I needed to see to believe it. Thanks. Man, that just seems crazy fast for such a big round. That's amazing.

On 12/23/2017 at 9:44 PM, FeatherSton3 said:

This is what I needed to see to believe it. Thanks. Man, that just seems crazy fast for such a big round. That's amazing.

Terrifying when I first saw it in game