FasT_NoV

Open test V10 feedback, bugs

I'd report it on discord, but it wants my phone number, and I'm not interested in providing that.

As for the bug, on the new map (Belaya) as an optic rifleman on the Russian side, I was unable to lean to either side when in the tunnel on the middle flag. Once I'd left the tunnel, I could lean.

Imo they could release v10 right away and deal with the bugs later.

So far following things, without being bugs, are currently not good solutions in my opinion (!):

1. Upper Body doesn't move, except for the arms when running and free-looking (no big deal, but it doesn't fit to another perfectly good motion capture)

2. When the box "Weapons moves towards Freelook" is activated it works,... except when in bipod.

3. The way the US and Russian soldiers getting their weapons ADS is in a direct and diagonal fashion: This is unprofessional and makes no sense. It can be kept for Militia and Insurgent. The soldier should turn its weapon and bring it always from bottom to top onto target. While this might sound that it takes longer, it actually allows to engage targets faster especially with RedDots. The problem is usually not to bring the weapon on target, but to find your sights and bringing them on target. By doing it always from bottom to top instead of just "throwing" your weapon on target, you can find your sights and bringing them on target much faster.

These are just things that just "jumped" me.

€:

4. When Freelooking while in scope, the world keeps being unfocused. Not sure if there is a possible solution.

5. Why does the US-Support M249 has a scope, but the M240B doesn't?

Edited by Thonar

^ Yes, they should release and squash the bugs as they go

One annoying bug I've found, (at least on the PKM) with the bipod deployed if you aim somewhere you cant go back up again, just lower from the point of aim. You have to swiftly move your mose up so it unlocks and if you aim down again you cant aim back up. Made me miss quite a lot of people...

is it me or the gameplay is even slower than the v9? the player is slow it's horrible! the guy jumps on all the walls but he is not able to sprint 100m!
and the worst, when he sprints he is slow!

wtf? 

After some tests I can say that the squad is in the right direction, favoring the realism, the need for teamwork and the planning, great work of the devs and to follow this path.

Next step is to redesign the rally point system, so that it is at least as pr, and the label system needs adjustments ... or removal :)

17 minutes ago, FasT_NoV said:

is it me or the gameplay is even slower than the v9? the player is slow it's horrible! the guy jumps on all the walls but he is not able to sprint 100m!
and the worst, when he sprints he is slow!

wtf? 

Wel Squad is not meant to be an arcade shooter, also....a full loadout is heavy. Overall i think the slower pace is justified, it prevents lonewolfers from racing around the map by themselfs. 

randomly worded...

full auto recoil needs to be better (less recoil)

please no 3 round burst

single and full auto only

walk function makes no sense still, it should be slow walk when pressed like half the speed of normal walk and half the sound of footsteps

chromatic aberration on mestia map in like a cone effect in players perspective you notice it on trees needs to be off

chromatic aberration effect when taking damage/suppressed needs to be lower r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0.5 is fine any more and its overdone

alt/free look should be same sensitivity

depth blur on gun is too pixelated and needs an off setting

sunshafts have laser beam rays and good rays but the laser ones kill the effect quality

maps need more atmosphere wind sounds and rain effects on fools road and others, dust/partical effects on others, the sky is frozen maps feel dead, ground textures on kohat and others need more realism and shades of colors it looks like one giant turd where the shades of green in the lush hills and snow on mountain peaks

vehicles need more sounds brake squeaks ect. and volume adjustments

i'll edit this if i remember more feedback :)

edits below:  (my post was moved here this post was more of a all around feedback of squad not just v10 test i have a shit ton of hours)

anyways forgot to add this feedback:

All conventional forces should have side arms

Edited by smo0ths

@smo0ths

Is there anything you do like about Squad? I'm all for constructive criticism but perhaps temper it with some features you do like...

Hi and welcome to squad!

Thank you for your time and effort to report problem but it's usually done via: discord #feedback-a10

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

@smo0ths

Is there anything you do like about Squad? I'm all for constructive criticism but perhaps temper it with some features you do like...

this is  Feedback & Suggestions section not hey let me criticize this guys thoughts section, its ok if you do but this is not the section for what you are implying me to do

the people who know me know i love squad and want it to be the tits

my game shuts down to desktop randomly but i couldnot make moret than half an hour straight without crashing , i have not had any issue inside the game

btw yu cant place IEDs on vehicle anymore it will behave strangely ad wont move.

It was possible to resupply logistics trucks from repair boxes. My squad lead was taking advantage of this. We never went back to base once. After dropping the radio, the first thing he'd do was make a repair box. Then resupply the logi, and go make another fob. It made the gameplay less challenging. We can do without this.

So in V10, AK is finally not a pain to use, machinegun is finally deadly, burst fire is not stupid and dropshooting is finally a past. But there occurs two new problems IMO.

M4: 

From being godlike, to being craplike. Often when aimming, it will randomly jump to the high left for absolutely no reason even during shooting. And it simply takes far too longer to stablize the aim compared to AK. Also why is the front sight still there completely blocking my view? Red dot sight pretty much makes fixed sight completely pointless anyway, and now I can't see where I'm hitting especially for distant target. 

GPMG:

Why are the GPMGs not getting scopes? It is really not so useful when trying to hit something 200ms away compared to scoped M249 and RPK74.

Edited by Noobgamer

V10 is awesome, most of the changes are for the better.  I was able to find a few bugs on Belaya.

First I got stuck between the bridge and the rocks near train tunnel. https://ibb.co/gxUoaR

The grass clips trough the bunker entrance at train tunnel. https://ibb.co/dGDs26

The people who spawned on the rally point in this building spawned on the roof and fell down to the ground from there while the RP was inside the building. https://ibb.co/ktuoaR

On Belaya inside the train tunnels in the area where are the train tracks we were unable to lean, and the machine gunner wasn't able to turn while his bipod was deployed.

Now thanks to the vaulting it is easier to get stuck in between objects. I climbed a wall on Narva near the church control point and I got stuck between the wall and a car wreck. No screenshot on that one, but I imagine there are plenty of spots like this on all the maps. I also really like that teammates can boost you and can climb to even higher spots. 

The new optics are also awesome and that the drop calculator (i don't know how is it called) in the scopes are now accurate. Ranging the weapons is also awesome. The only negative change was the change of the US red dot sight. Now the dot is right on top of the front sight, so you still have to aim with the front post, if the shots are too low, you can't see how low the shots are because of the front post.. The red dot sight is basically just a bigger rear aperture sight which you cant range in, which makes the M4A1 with iron sights and foregrip a direct upgrade for a rifleman. Other roles are stuck with that worse red dot. There was nothing wrong how the dot was in V9, so I don't really know why they changed it, especially for the worse. The only thing that I can imagine that the dot has to be lower because of the new ballistics. Also the front sight on the AKM is blurry, and sometimes it makes hard to differentiate the front post of the AKM from the map. Remove the blur from the sights and it will be fine. 

Lastly, when I was a medic, then pretty much in every game once my inventory bugged and I wasn't able to switch to my primary from medic bag/bandages.

Despite these issues V10 is great, and it will be hard to go back to V9 after the test ends.

One thing I noticed while using the M240B and observing others using it is that when running and in the prone the soldier has his support hand forward under the heat shield of the gun. As a military member myself and having personally handled this weapon on a regular basis, due to its weight, I can testify to the fact that holding the weapon that way is very unrealistic unless you are a massive massive human being. Maybe as the soldier runs the animation could be tweaked to showing the large sling that is used in conjunction with the M240B as well as the support hand holding the carry handle. Essentially, anytime that weapon is moved from point to point a soldier is more likely to use that carry handle because it is such a large weapon system. Same goes for when the soldier is in the prone. That weapon is always used with a bipod so the support hand is always back towards the rear either over the stock or under the firing hand. 

Just my two sense from what I've observed. Not so much a bug but rather a point to accuracy of how those weapons systems are employed in real life.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:53 PM, Noobgamer said:

So in V10, AK is finally not a pain to use, machinegun is finally deadly, burst fire is not stupid and dropshooting is finally a past. But there occurs two new problems IMO.

M4: 

From being godlike, to being craplike. Often when aimming, it will randomly jump to the high left for absolutely no reason even during shooting. And it simply takes far too longer to stablize the aim compared to AK. Also why is the front sight still there completely blocking my view? Red dot sight pretty much makes fixed sight completely pointless anyway, and now I can't see where I'm hitting especially for distant target. 

GPMG:

Why are the GPMGs not getting scopes? It is really not so useful when trying to hit something 200ms away compared to scoped M249 and RPK74.

In regards to your point about the front sight post being visible on the M4 when using a red dot. I'm not saying you've never used an AR15 or an M4 in real life with a red dot; but, in the US Army, the front sight posts are always fixed to barrel. That being said, I actually was pleased to see now that the red dot CoWittnesess with the front sight post (dot lines up with the tip of the front sight post). Unless the red dot is on a some sort of riser this will be the case most of the time. Its meant to be that way IRL in the scenario that your optics fails. What would actually be a nice cosmetic touch added would be a folding rear sight aperture added to the M4 for realism.

It was possible to hit the deploy button with the machine-guns and instantly fire them after. The deploy-animation isn't required to be finished, but still provides the benefits instantly.

Closing this one up, since the test is over and the thread has run its course.

Thanks so much for playing and giving us your thoughts, everyone! We're definitely using what we learned to make a10 better. <3