Jump to content
Gatzby

Alpha 10 Public Test

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Gatzby said:

There are some things that did not make it into the preview that'll be in the final release of v10... and more details on some of the things that did make it.

 

Right now, we're utilizing the feedback from the test to squash major issues and make changes we think'll make v10 moar better. Content? Well, there's a buncha folks that do that sort of thing too, but we'll see. ;)

 

 

For god's sake, do not change the slowest and most tactical gunplay! Do not listen to those who want the usual fps run and gun! :)

Edited by Tmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tmac said:

For god's sake, do not change the slowest and most tactical gunplay! Do not listen to those who want the usual fps run and gun! :)

100+ Agreed. Slower makes this game stand out from the crowd, it gives the game an identity. Tactical thought out game play, not insurgency cod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tmac said:

For god's sake, do not change the slowest and most tactical gunplay! Do not listen to those who want the usual fps run and gun! :)

+1 Please, no Run & Gun! Would also like to see server-side "DisableHudWidget" option for all players on server by default. Maybe have HardCore tick-box in server browser, or move servers running this option to Custom. Some players like more tactical gameplay with increased "useful" coms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tmac said:

For god's sake, do not change the slowest and most tactical gunplay! Do not listen to those who want the usual fps run and gun! :)

This with the force of a thousand suns +1000. What I'm looking from Squad is that experience, being in the "helmet cams" you can watch online.
 

Everyone knows what happened to OFP 2 when they started re-directing the project to this direction...

Edited by Leopardi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tmac said:

For god's sake, do not change the slowest and most tactical gunplay! Do not listen to those who want the usual fps run and gun! :)

This, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2018 at 9:37 AM, Tmac said:

For god's sake, do not change the slowest and most tactical gunplay! Do not listen to those who want the usual fps run and gun! :)

+10, TY

Edited by Nightstalker21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really i liked everything in the new version from the start menu thru server browsing and not to mention in game stuff the sounds the weapon smoothness new weapons,vaulting,mute option,and so on. 

I do have two ideas that i would like to shave why not make a player chose the main menu you had in the v10 US solders in a base,why not make you could chose maybe an Insurgents,Militia,Russians like that.

The second one was it would be cool to make a special channel for people in the vehicles to use instead local that most people have its volume down and then you need to spam the squad channel so the driver or gunner could hear you.You get the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Really i liked everything in the new version from the start menu thru server browsing and not to mention in game stuff the sounds the weapon smoothness new weapons,vaulting,mute option,and so on. 

I do have two ideas that i would like to shave why not make a player chose the main menu you had in the v10 US solders in a base,why not make you could chose maybe an Insurgents,Militia,Russians like that.

The second one was it would be cool to make a special channel for people in the vehicles to use instead local that most people have its volume down and then you need to spam the squad channel so the driver or gunner could hear you.You get the point.

Yea that's a decent idea bring vehicle chat to squad..and also a way to add squad mates on steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Really i liked everything in the new version from the start menu thru server browsing and not to mention in game stuff the sounds the weapon smoothness new weapons,vaulting,mute option,and so on. 

I do have two ideas that i would like to shave why not make a player chose the main menu you had in the v10 US solders in a base,why not make you could chose maybe an Insurgents,Militia,Russians like that.

The second one was it would be cool to make a special channel for people in the vehicles to use instead local that most people have its volume down and then you need to spam the squad channel so the driver or gunner could hear you.You get the point.

One up for the vehicle comms, it´s so frustrating to tell your new crewman to turn up his local voice chat volume etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2018 at 4:11 PM, Bahrein said:

I do have two ideas that i would like to shave why not make a player chose the main menu you had in the v10 US solders in a base,why not make you could chose maybe an Insurgents,Militia,Russians like that.

The second one was it would be cool to make a special channel for people in the vehicles to use instead local that most people have its volume down and then you need to spam the squad channel so the driver or gunner could hear you.You get the point.

Both ideas are really good indeed :) !

 

19 hours ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

(...) and also a way to add squad mates on steam.

Yesss ! So many times I have tried to add a good squadmate/SL as friend for later games and coundn't even find his profile on Steam for any #~[@^* reason...

But dunno if it's a feature that can easily be implemented ingame... :/

Edited by Nightstalker21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

Both ideas are really good indeed :) !

 

Yesss ! So many times I have tried to add a good squadmate/SL as friend for later games and coundn't even find his profile on Steam for any #~[@^* reason...

But dunno if it's a feature that can easily be implemented ingame... :/

There is a way I always use.

In Steam Overlay click View->Players, then look for the player in the list (sort on name column). It shows people from recent/current server you playing on. Works on other games as well.

 

Steam-Players.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, farna said:

There is a way I always use.

In Steam Overlay click View->Players, then look for the player in the list (sort on name column). It shows people from recent/current server you playing on. Works on other games as well.

 

Steam-Players.jpg

Yeah, that's what I'll do when I'm sitting in a spawn queue, or waiting for a round to start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LugNut said:

Yeah, that's what I'll do when I'm sitting in a spawn queue, or waiting for a round to start. 

Yeah i am really surprised how many peple dont know abou that or how to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2018 at 8:07 AM, farna said:

There is a way I always use.

In Steam Overlay click View->Players, then look for the player in the list (sort on name column). It shows people from recent/current server you playing on. Works on other games as well.

 

Steam-Players.jpg

 

5 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Yeah i am really surprised how many peple dont know abou that or how to do it.

The problem is : I know that, but many times it just won't work. I think some players use different nicknames (or steam account is different and I dont know if its the account name or nickname that is shown on this panel) but it happened that I tried to add 2-3 or more people from a good squad, searched this list and didn't find ANY of them... >:( Same when searching on "Steam Community" panel, searching for a nickname will often show many players with similar nicks but not the one you're looking for...

Or maybe (certainly xDxD) I'm just blind and completely idiot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

 

The problem is : I know that, but many times it just won't work. I think some players use different nicknames (or steam account is different and I dont know if its the account name or nickname that is shown on this panel) but it happened that I tried to add 2-3 or more people from a good squad, searched this list and didn't find ANY of them... >:( Same when searching on "Steam Community" panel, searching for a nickname will often show many players with similar nicks but not the one you're looking for...

Or maybe (certainly xDxD) I'm just blind and completely idiot...

Nope, this is true, it doesn't always show the correct name, tags are often missing as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2018 at 10:11 AM, Bahrein said:

a special channel for people in the vehicles to use instead local that most people have its volume down

This should be simple to introduce, without adding yet anoyther key bind.....

when in an armored vehicle, the local voice channel will act more like a tank crewmans internal comms headset.

Also am I the only one that plays with local volume @ 180%

 

  • APC and other armored hatch crew should not hear ambient exterior sounds, and gunfire and explosions should sound distant, except hits to the vehicle should be very loud.

  • APC crew should be able to talk to each other thru local VOIP and it should come in perfectly clear, to simulate in-vehicle comma channels that they would use

Edited by fuzzhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

This should be simple to introduce, without adding yet anoyther key bind.....

when in an armored vehicle, the local voice channel will act more like a tank crewmans internal comms headset.

Also am I the only one that plays with local volume @ 180%

 

  • APC and other armored hatch crew should not hear ambient exterior sounds, and gunfire and explosions should sound distant, except hits to the vehicle should be very loud.

  • APC crew should be able to talk to each other thru local VOIP and it should come in perfectly clear, to simulate in-vehicle comma channels that they would use

Try local volume maxed! :D

 

These are great points that would make using vehicles more realistic and fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell yeah! I just hope performance goes back up to how it was in v9. I’ve lost 10-20 frames. The content is great though/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, farna said:

V10 release February the 5th ??!!

Considering the rather substantial fps loss reported by a number of players in the current v10 "playtest", I'm rather surprised they're releasing the update so soon.

 

Wasn't the animation system update supposed to be the "holy grail" of optimization updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Hell yeah! I just hope performance goes back up to how it was in v9. I’ve lost 10-20 frames.

1 hour ago, Verdin said:

Considering the rather substantial fps loss reported by a number of players in the current v10 "playtest", I'm rather surprised they're releasing the update so soon.

 

excerpt from Squad Discord #general

Quote

Drav - Last Friday at 21:25

dont forget, this is a playtest.....if you get low fps, report it in feedback, esp if you got higher fps in a9

 

Drav - Yesterday at 09:50

we are looking into the performance drops. They werent reported in the dec playtest, so most likely something we did between then and now. Keep you posted

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beginna said:

 

excerpt from Squad Discord #general

 

Thanks. I’ll mention it on discord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×