Gatzby

Alpha 10 Public Test

Thanks Devs for letting us try the V10 Test Version, it was great fun and a nice Christmas Present the the Community. 
The changes look good and are going in the right Direction.

Please buff the IEDs lethal range against infantry, at the moment we are more likely to get kills with random grenades than a well places IED. I play scout every time a map with Millitia or Insurgents is on and I try really hard to ambush people with IEDs. Make it at least as powerful as a Frag round from SPG technical, please. I am fine with the damage it deals against vehicles, even though it's basically useless against vehicles (it really is hard to sneak up on a vehicle in this game), but it would be nice that it was useful at least against infantry. I measured the lethal radius to be about 10m. Many times I had my IED in the middle of an enemy squad and the most kills I ever got was 4, and that squad had a very bad spacing. A 15m lethal radius and 20m damage radius would be totally within realistic range and be still balanced. After all, how many IEDs do you hear blowing up during a match, maybe 4-5 average per match. 

Edited by kisbiflos

I am on standby with squad until this release. there is no way i can go back to v9 at this point haha...keep up the good work boys!

22 minutes ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

I am on standby with squad until this release. there is no way i can go back to v9 at this point haha...keep up the good work boys!

I tried to, just don't... don't. I left halfway into the match, just couldn't do it. To think I've been playing it like a madman since v6, the playtest has spoiled me.

9 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

+1

+1

I'm a huge fan of freelook and gave up on it after I tried it a few times, because of the uni sensitivity for all things. I figured we'd see sensitivity separated out for FL, I hope we'll also see it for ADS. 

My game crashed a few times over about 6 hours, I ran into a server wide (presumably since squad mates were commenting on it) of losing lean altogether until the match would restart. I'd get random huge FPS drops, like down to single digit spikes, like once a map. Other than that, my fps was @ the same as V9. On the whole, it played waaaaay better than I was expecting. The biggest problem for me in going back to V9 will be the vaulting, ....oh god, not being stuck on the endless stone walls, or hip high wooden fences.... or being able to CLIMB UP ON STUFF and then get up onto roofs? I'm not sure I can take losing that. :S

On 2017/12/24 at 7:29 AM, Odin said:

lol hardly... edited... full a10 release....

I like what you guys did to slow down the pace, make different roles more valuable, and make the btr (and aa gun) as scary as it should be. Really looking forward to the release!

23 hours ago, Tomahawk999 said:

acrually your wrong , i am playing no less than 50 fps on epic

i dont think ram is problem

Don't u get stutters on some maps using 8gb. I used to get when I had only one stick added another boom stutters went away. As for fps u need to upgrade ur gpu and cpu for that.

How come ure getting 50 fps with 1060 and me getting 80 fps with 970 all on epic.  

Edited by Xenome111

I have a few questions to ask:

- Will you give us  humvee back or no becouse mraps are big, slow and easy to hit and dont fit close area fight.

- when the british army and tanks and whole oder heavy armored things gona release

- and where is ours chelicopters

You making a great job and game and I'm looking forward on v10

Edited by Furno222

38 minutes ago, Furno222 said:

- Will you give us  humvee back...

This is an issue with AM General at the moment. 

Edited by Maki

Long time lurker,first time poster

That was one hell of an update! ^_^

My major feedback is on the new movement,that spaghetti like arm and legs swinging is freaking me out,it's so creepy :$

As others,i can't wait to get official update released,great work guys so far 

17 hours ago, Maki said:

This is an issue with AM General at the moment. 

I know but they may add just humvee but with oder names and few design changes. Just like in Arma

Edited by Furno222

Please for the love of god add a way to turn off illumination on the optics. 

It is horrible for the marksman scopes when shooting at people further than 100m in dark areas. 

These scopes are not "always on" in real life, so if anything you'd be making the game more realistic.

Just Gonna echo Thanks to you Devs and squad staff , Cannot go back to V9 After V10 experience ! 

keep up the great job of feature Hardening and new implementations 

Can't wait for this update, was great during the public test aside from the occasional bugs but I'm sure all that will be fixed upon release.

32 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Has anyone asked why V10 had to be taken away? Why not let us play the Alpha until March?

A lot of people have asked that. V10 test has been ended because it had some game-breaking bugs and bad server performance, in a nutshell. You can learn more here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/7lu6bb/a10_test_end/

The developers are not bashing rocks together, people. When something's done with the game, it's usually because there is a legitimate reason to do it.

Hi everyone.

Can you tell me when the V10 released? 

I saw some video and I can't wait play it.

Best regards.

Posted (edited)

I haven't been able to go back and play v9 after experiencing the glory that was v10. Bought star citizen to keep me occupied for the mean time... If people want to see what real "alpha stage, lack of optimization" looks like... Go try star citizen 3.0 :P

Edited by Psyrus