Gatzby

Alpha 10 Public Test

hi, i just want to report a very annoying bug , my game crashes to desktop after about 10 minutes of palying and some time one minute of joining a server , its unplayable for me

specs:

ram :8 gig

cpu : 2500 i5

vid: evga gtx 1060 sc

26 minutes ago, Treemeister said:

Can one of the devs talk to us about not going back v9 please? I’m scared

There is still more bugfixing and polishing needed for a10. It hopefully won't be too much longer before the full a10 release.

14 minutes ago, Odin said:

There is still more bugfixing and polishing needed for a10. It hopefully won't be too much longer before the full release.

Okay, it’s just so good. If the test branch stays open that would be a dope ass Christmas though. I would cry tears of joy

17 minutes ago, Odin said:

There is still more bugfixing and polishing needed for a10. It hopefully won't be too much longer before the full release.

Oh, it is a leek.

4 minutes ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Oh, it is a leek.

lol hardly... edited... full a10 release....

40 minutes ago, Odin said:

lol hardly... edited... full a10 release....

can you address my problem plz , i have not seen many complaining of such issue, oh its you Odin , i am with arabic team

Edited by Tomahawk999

Just my two cents, it would be Professional suicide to drag this back now to version v9, the vaulting and other animations take this where it should be. Yes there are glitches, but that's where testing comes in. My opinion is leave it where it is and fix the bugs, run with this and sort it out as we progress, to switch now will piss a lot of people  off...................     Hell Let Loose anyone?,  it's the tail that wags the dog sometimes. 

11 minutes ago, dewi316 said:

Just my two cents, it would be Professional suicide to drag this back now to version v9, the vaulting and other animations take this where it should be. Yes there are glitches, but that's where testing comes in. My opinion is leave it where it is and fix the bugs, run with this and sort it out as we progress, to switch now will piss a lot of people  off...................     Hell Let Loose anyone?,  it's the tail that wags the dog sometimes. 

Completely agree with you, it wouldn’t be smart to go back to v9

Unless they're going for an official release of the game they might aswell just keep V10 up. How is there even such thing as beta testing in an early access game?? I thought Squad was a work in progress with content subject to change all along, not just since V10.
We've had bugs and glitches even before V10. I have personally never found myself raging or ranting over bugs or glitches in this game as the enjoyability of this game surpasses them. 

Edited by Furiibox
Great work btw ! absolutely love it !!

I've had more fun in a few hours of buggy v10 gameplay than all of my time in a polished v9. If there is a God, I pray v10 playtest stays.

I am SOOOO glad you guys added free look but it needs a little more love. Please make it so we can adjust  our sensitivity for it or at least speed it up. I am a low sensitivity player and while my weapon's aim feels natural to me my head move from free look is unbearably slow. The free look seems to be a ratio of the sensitivity and it is LOWER than the sensitivity when it should be HIGHER. I want more accuracy / slower aim when aiming at the enemy than I do when merely glancing around for situational awareness. Often I found myself just not using free look and looking around like normal because of how unbearably slow free look was for me.

You guys made an excellent move in the right direction though. Everything was amazing and it made me fall in love with the game again. Can't wait till it is released and to see what else is in store for us.

v10 is beautiful... glorious... a masterpiece!  Brought me back to Squad and loving it!  Feels like you're so much more connected to the battlefield than ever before, so immersive, so satisfying.  I support a release right now!  Lol.

8 hours ago, Tomahawk999 said:

hi, i just want to report a very annoying bug , my game crashes to desktop after about 10 minutes of palying and some time one minute of joining a server , its unplayable for me

specs:

ram :8 gig

cpu : 2500 i5

vid: evga gtx 1060 sc

U need 1 more stick of 8gb ram how ure playing with 8gb I do not know because even without v10 ure game would crash because some maps takes 8gb or more ram for eggs : narva, mestia, Al bashra. 

1 hour ago, Xenome111 said:

U need 1 more stick of 8gb ram how ure playing with 8gb I do not know because even without v10 ure game would crash because some maps takes 8gb or more ram for eggs : narva, mestia, Al bashra. 

acrually your wrong , i am playing no less than 50 fps on epic

i dont think ram is problem

12 minutes ago, Tomahawk999 said:

acrually your wrong , i am playing no less than 50 fps on epic

i dont think ram is problem

I was also crashing continuously during the v10 test. I also have 8gb of ram but v9 runs at a good fps with no crashes. I wonder if it’s worth upgrading to 16gb or ram...

1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

I was also crashing continuously during the v10 test. I also have 8gb of ram but v9 runs at a good fps with no crashes. I wonder if it’s worth upgrading to 16gb or ram...

Are there any crash logs from v10? Out of memory errors are quite specific and I highly doubt that it's the root cause 

2 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Are there any crash logs from v10? Out of memory errors are quite specific and I highly doubt that it's the root cause 

no just crashs, i dont think its a memory issue as v9 never crashed even with background applications open

Starting Steam this morning, it started downloading a new update for Squad...

Wuat ??? Could it be a V10.1 ???? (the guy who really still believes in Father Christmas xDxD)

Seriously if its the downgrade to V.9, it will be the WORST Christmas gift of my life :/

But I know its for a better future of Squad, so : Merry Christmas everybody !! (w/ or w/o Squad v10 lol) especially to you the whole dev team who worked so hard for our favourite game :x

It's the downgrade

Hey Owi,

I have really to argue with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Christmas and I left my wife, my famile, my child behind. I quitted my job, sold my way to expensive 2nd house, thats all for just playing Squad all the holidays long.

I just expected a really good time having the inofficial released v10. But now, it is ALL gone!

You did it! You downgraded it!

So, I'll never return to v9 again and wouln't play it! Im done with it.

Hope you enjoy your much disappointing behavoir against the communites will!*

(*It's sarcasm. I just can't wait for the real release. You did a very good job so far and v10 is more promising than expected. It's a whole new game and I just can't bear the feeling of letting it go. Even it's unfinished, it's fantastic. And brutal...never had that much respect against an ingame weapon like the AA-Tank. It's disturbing. It's ugly. It's overwhelming and it's sound scared me any time I encountered it. Fantastic psycho horror. So have a kind and good Chrismastime with your familie and beloved once :-) )

Edited by Barbarossa

I wanted to play on the firing range until v10 release but steam is force-feeding me the downgrade :(

Anyway, Drav explained on reddit why the test had to come to an end. There are good reasons for it:

Edited by fatalsushi