Gatzby

Alpha 10 Public Test

25 minutes ago, Barbarossa said:

I encountered a bunch of bugs by testing v10 public ... is there a thread to post those bugs?

They can be sent to QA for sure. Best way is probably to use the format provided in the Discord channel:  https://discordapp.com/invite/aN2MtGH

...which is also a pretty great place to hang with the rest of the Squad community, too.

1 hour ago, f1l1pZ said:

In my opinion the development is going in the absolutely right direction. Sounds, special effects, animations, mechanics - I think innovative.

yeah, everyone i've played with has been saying the same thing. great improvements, great direction, great everything. and, how we can't go back to v9 anymore.

3 hours ago, anders said:

Thx mate! :)

Thank you also for the new autocannon and frag grenade sounds!! I love ‘em. Respect for Bruno as well for the awesome effects, and the game designers for making the autocannon rof realistic. My wish has been fulfilled!

v10 is incredible! The most feature-rich update i ever seen in the Squad!

Just two questions:

1) Why is the picture at Belaya map looks like this? It seems there is some problem with LOD.

YXj4Gne.jpg

2) Still get very low framerate at Firstlight map.(( Why is that? In v7/v8 this map was one of the most optimized.

P.S. I know, my NV GTX 570 is old as ****, but other than these two maps - every other map, including Al'Basra, clearly shows the great performance boost. You did a really great job on optimization!

Edited by Scarish

53 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Not being able to aim at maximum elevation when bipod is deployed.

Do you mean look straight up? 

14 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Do you mean look straight up? 

No not straight up. The gun get's stuck sometimes when you try to aim up and you need to aim down a little and aim back up to get more elevation.. it's like when you're sitting in your car and you lurch forward to fast and the seatbelt locks, so you gotta let it go, and then the seatbelt is free to move again. Except the seatbelt doesn't lock when you jerk it, it just gets stuck all the time.

24 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

No not straight up. The gun get's stuck sometimes when you try to aim up and you need to aim down a little and aim back up to get more elevation.. it's like when you're sitting in your car and you lurch forward to fast and the seatbelt locks, so you gotta let it go, and then the seatbelt is free to move again. Except the seatbelt doesn't lock when you jerk it, it just gets stuck all the time.

Oh wow that's really weird! I haven't had a chance to play, but that's a great bug to report. There must be some clamping going on that gets reset/recalculated in the code when you move in the opposite direction and thus it fixes it (or it allows you to go further than they intended in the first place). Thanks for the explanation.

Edit: I highly suggest submitting a real bug report as it could easily get lost in the flood of posts as more people play

Edited by Psyrus

The beta test version of Alpha 10 (err... a Alpha-beta?) is amazing. Congrats Offworld!

Favourite things - new UI, 3d background scene, bipods, animations, ranging, alternate weapons on vehicles, AA, HMGs... err... well that's everything added then.

Things I didn't like but will get over - a few bugs that I'm sure you'll all fix.

Things I'm not sure about - is it me, or is smoke a bit less effective and more see through?

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

Oh wow that's really weird! I haven't had a chance to play, but that's a great bug to report. There must be some clamping going on that gets reset/recalculated in the code when you move in the opposite direction and thus it fixes it (or it allows you to go further than they intended in the first place). Thanks for the explanation.

Edit: I highly suggest submitting a real bug report as it could easily get lost in the flood of posts as more people play

Someone else in a match told me about it so I think it's a common issue but I'll tell anyway.

I want to give congratulations for this marvelous game.

Now I can see a almost concluded product. Still needs some polishing, but man! the change into gunpoint is massively positive.

No way we gonna fall back to v9 again. after all we finally got what we buy, and it became a master piece!

I'm proud of you offworld

2 hours ago, NotBrad said:

Wish I could participate, have fun guys!

It’s pretty amazing. You have something to really look forward to.

Haven`t played squad since this year cause i really dont like the shooting mechanics, but i have to say really good work on this i have my fun again in V10 and how much happen since i was away i`m really proud ofbacking this games since in the days.

Good work guys and please extend the v10 try out over the weekend would be really cool.

Whats happen to the backer tags in forum ?

Edited by SpeedyDaGonzales

the new animations have dramatically changed the game. Now everything is more fluid and realistic.
Fantastic work guys !!!

Extend the test even at Christmas, please!:)

how to get back to feeble v9 after one taste heavenly inspired v10? huh.... :D

damn, future is looking bright for squad! Inverse kinematics looking sometimes kinda off, but system itself is great!

Btw... i drove 160km to play beta... played till 3 am and woke up in the morning to drive back to work. Didn't regret single minute of it :D

Edited by Disco

played a bit last night and feels great, new animations are fantastic..although I got to stop being shot in my left forearm... bipods are great upping the accuracy but without suppression the effects are about the same..ie. shoot a quick burst and dead...

but I don't want to go back to V9 don't make me do it .... you cant... I wont allow it....!

10 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

yea found that sometimes it wouldn't move very far to the left for some reason... nor any collision effects 

I showed my friend V10 and he says when it comes out he's buying it straight away, before he wouldn't get it, and trust me, he doesn't like a lot of games! 

Well done guys! :D

Got a chance to play a few hours tonight... Wow. 

Very impressed, it feels like a different game (in terms of shooting mechanics). I'll definitely start playing again after v10 drops. 

V10 does feel and look like a new game. The shooting is smoother, the maps look better ???. Man some APC's even got a periscope added and the Stryker has smokes !!!!, though they're a bit too translucent to be effective also the GPMG gunner is a tad bit too slow to keep up with the Squad i feel. 

Other then that, all around great work !. After playing it again after 6+ months i felt like playing a new game again lol. 

Firstly I'm onboard of hypetruck.

Secondly i havent posted since kickstarter but i have to say you guys are awesome. As Project Reality was (and still is) astonishing mod, Squad is astonishing game.

Outstanding work development team. What you have made so far is truly the updated version of Project Reality.

Smooth, new weapons, fantastic sounds, correct weapon handling, updated rally point designs, grahpics, artwork....you name it.

100 points.

I will also have a hard time going back to the prior version until V10 release after these few testing days.

Keep up the good effort lads.

Edited by Andersson