blayas

Nmmr , no more magical rallys

On 12/23/2017 at 1:03 AM, Gnarleus said:

I agree with you, this is a cool dynamic in the game.

In my personal opinion I think the enemy should have to actually find the rally point and interact with it in some way for it to disappear.

Maybe some shoveling or hold down a certain key to dismantle the rally. 

LOL

So the enemy has to get close to the magic teleporter -which gets created by a mouse click-  and  destroy it?

Pretty balanced idea

On 12/23/2017 at 11:42 PM, Hadi said:

LOL

So the enemy has to get close to the magic teleporter -which gets created by a mouse click-  and  destroy it?

Pretty balanced idea

What is so unbalanced about that? Are you afraid to use your eyes and search for a rally point? You're fine with the game just magically making the rally disappear if you come "close" to it but never actually see it or find it? You're OK with enemies driving in a vehicle and luckily running over your rally to "magically" make it disappear? Interactive game play is important and this facilitates interactive game play. While enemies are digging the rally you can have spawning disabled, there are many ways to so called "balance" this idea but i think you're just more afraid than anything :ph34r:

On 12/18/2017 at 9:04 AM, blayas said:

has undermined Fobs's system and logistics concepts by subjugating them to the background,

This is simply just not true, Fobs are still the most important spawn point in the game.

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

You know, I never heard anyone really speak of this but because of the way they are designed rally points actually have another purpose completly different than their intended role. Ergo, when we're running a locked two person IFV squad we'll often times use our rally point as a warning beacon at certain locations on particular maps to identify travel routes and then react accordingly. This way we can position ourselves in a transition zone that overlooks a particular route but is adjacent to the route that has the rally concealed right next to road and redirect as needed when I'm watching our rally wink out on the map. Very useful.

yes this drives me nuts, not only is a rally a magical Star Trek transporter but an early warning beacon, I mean we all use it 'rallies gone enemies behind us' ... or you take your squad and sneak around never being spotted but you inadvertently give your position away by running into an enemy rally.  

look at insurgents,   stick an SL and one other on a motorbike, zoom behind enemy lines, drop a rally and hey presto a full squad has materialised behind the enemy... its like the Russian building spawn from COHII .. !   

Still think rallies are useful but far too powerful,  they create too much of a spawn rush mentality ... loading rally points at fobs and having them time out would be better.

Edited by embecmom

I´m sorry but I feel this discussion would be interesting if it wasn´t a bit pointless in the terms it´s been laid out.

Squad (basic game version produced by devs) I think, is always going to have rallies. And they are always going to be similar to what we´ve been seing in the last 2 or 3 versions. 

That doesn´t mean I wouldn´t like to see changes or that they allow mods to recreate rallies in any posible way or even get rid of them all together. 

Many ways are being suggested, and some of them sound interesting. But the complete removal of them seem far from plausible.

its a 2017 thread... let me search through some of my old posts see if they implemented anything oft repeated here on the forums.... and claim as my own.