Skullsaw

Ideas For New Roles

Any One Got A New Idea For New Role Ideas I Got An Idea For A Actual "Combat Engineer" That Is Able To Spawn All The Buildings, Defenses, And Guns.

ʇoN ʎןןɐǝɹ ʇnq ɯ,I ʎןqɐuosɐǝɹ ןɐıʇɹɐd oʇ ǝןdoǝd ƃuısn ɹɐןnƃǝɹ ɥsıןƃuƎ xɐʇuʎs uǝɥʍ ƃuıʇıɹʍ sʇsod. ^_^

Edit: But in all seriousness the roles that I would like to see in squad that are not current in the game:

• Commander
  • Crewman
  • Pilot
  • Fireteam leader
Edited by Psyrus

6 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

ʇoN ʎןןɐǝɹ ʇnq ɯ,I ʎןqɐuosɐǝɹ ןɐıʇɹɐd oʇ ǝןdoǝd ƃuısn ɹɐןnƃǝɹ ɥsıןƃuƎ xɐʇuʎs uǝɥʍ ƃuıʇıɹʍ sʇsod. ^_^

Do i need to flip the monitor?

Engineer with Claymore/Mon50

Thermobarics flamethrower class

AA class with stinger/igla limited to 1-2 per team when pilots come out

On 12/18/2017 at 12:20 AM, Psyrus said:

Edit: But in all seriousness the roles that I would like to see in squad that are not current in the game:

• Commander
  • Crewman
  • Pilot
  • Fireteam leader

I like the Idea Of Pilot

On 12/18/2017 at 1:25 AM, Yeonek said:

Engineer with Claymore/Mon50

Thermobarics flamethrower class

AA class with stinger/igla limited to 1-2 per team when pilots come out

Flamethrower class? I'm pretty sure those things have been outlawed by pretty much every country

Grenadier class for the insurgents with a huge bag of grenades and other explosives of various shapes and sizes. Well really that should just be the Raider, I think.
Give him 3 AT grenades that he can tripwire. Some homemade shitgrenades with nails in them and an assortment of offensive and defensive nades. Maybe throw in a Y stick that he uses for the tripwire, but can also poke you in the eye with.

Combat nurse a standard squad role limited to 1 per squad. Cannot revive people, but can heal them and gets clamp tweezers, which make bandaging faster.

Another insurgent grenadier, this time he gets a springy piece of rope that he can stretch between two objects, provided they are headheight and atleast 3 meters apart and then starts projecting mortar rounds and grenades from a distance. That might be better as a deployable, though.

Biker, a special class that unlocks for a player if he kills an APC with a VBIED. A bike for legs, a human torso and a helmet mounted .50 cal accootrement. Ok, I'm done.

Edited by Peerun

AT-4 as a heavy AT? Wouldn't the SRAW or SMAW be much better for that? Or even the freaking Javelin

3 hours ago, liamNL said:

AT-4 as a heavy AT? Wouldn't the SRAW or SMAW be much better for that? Or even the freaking Javelin

I think they already have to models made for the Javelin. Personally i think the AT-4 should replace the LAW

Posted (edited)

Carl Gustaf as a flexible launcher. You can bust a tank with AT. Kill troops with air burst or HE......etc 

i also think assistant gunners should be added as an option. Assistant gunner for LMG and HMG who carries ammo. Same for the Gus (or any launcher).

theres plenty of bad guys running around the battlefield with packs full of rpgs (insurgents)

Edited by 375rgr

20 minutes ago, VaaSHARK said:

I think they already have to models made for the Javelin. Personally i think the AT-4 should replace the LAW

I agree the m72 is pretty outdated now

It's been mentioned already, but I think a Commander role would serve well.

Often times when trying to organize a battle plan, there's a lot of competent SL's who all have their own vision of the battle space. Usually these ideas mesh together and the game is won, but sometimes they clash and the lack of unification in the planning stage leads to underwhelming results. 

I believe that a commander role should be enabled to take control of the entire BLUFOR or OPFOR to help steer the battle in a unified direction. Being able to sit further back on the lines with binos and detailed view of the map would enable big picture tactics to be executed (and reacted to if you're the defending force). It would also generate some new dynamics of sending small fireteams behind the fight to try to assassinate and disrupt the enemy commander by engaging him and his CP force directly. 

I see this being an enabled feature on servers. This would absolutely give the game a whole new dynamic for such a small addition. 

On 1/6/2018 at 8:14 PM, funruiner said:

It's been mentioned already, but I think a Commander role would serve well.

Commander role has been discusses so many times on the forums. The general consensus was that it has a better potential for intelligence gathering and off-map assets usage like UAV's, Artillery, A-10 runs etc...

13 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Commander role has been discusses so many times on the forums. The general consensus was that it has a better potential for intelligence gathering and off-map assets usage like UAV's, Artillery, A-10 runs etc...

I don't disagree with that, but I still believe that it would serve well within the current game as a single point of contact for managing the battle. 

17 hours ago, funruiner said:

I don't disagree with that, but I still believe that it would serve well within the current game as a single point of contact for managing the battle. 

I think the post is more for the little classes not so much the commander role since there is a post about it ever 48 hours or so :P

On 1/5/2018 at 2:56 PM, VaaSHARK said:

Would be nice to see the Breacher kit some time soon :(

I miss the old PR grappling hooks D':

Breatcher///******** SHOTGUN! NEED THIS!

crewman///

engineer//

pilot///

SPOT-observer///

Rifleman-AP (claymore).

Mine clearing kit.

As for thermobaric HE launcher, it's very much in use by RU army and presumably MIL forces

Just take a look at Project reality kits system people. Could solve all those problems and suggestions. :D

On 1/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, danielritual said:

Breatcher///******** SHOTGUN! NEED THIS!

crewman///

engineer//

pilot///

SPOT-observer///

Rifleman-AP (claymore).

pretty much this

I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this, BUT I think a Sniper role should be added (limiting the availability to two per team like in Project Reality).

I really hope for the breacher kit they include (if they even add it):

-Primary weapon

-Shotgun

-some kind of grappling hook

-c4/tnt to blow up Radios or HABs