Zark

Squad optimization

• Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.82 GHz
  • CPU Speed: 3814, 4 MHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver 4GB
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • SSD: 120GB
  • Hard disk: 500GB

Hello, i was wondering why Squad always lags when playing over low graphics. Just got a new Graphics card and still having the same problem. Can i change something in my in-game settings? Do i have really low setup for this type of game?

Edited by Zark

Squad is all about a power of a single core of CPU. Although you can play a better looking games with your FX CPU, in Squad you won't get playable fps with it. UE4 works really well with FX CPUs, but it requires proper multi core setup - devs are not interested in it so far, they prefer to focus on new animations etc.

So sorry.

Isn't the multicore setup more UE4 than Dev's. Thought I had heard that before.

44 minutes ago, Smee said:

Isn't the multicore setup more UE4 than Dev's. Thought I had heard that before.

The devs have access to the UE4 source code.. technically either side could do it. There are also the points to consider regarding squad's devs making their code and whatnot multi-threaded if possible, versus actual engine-level multi-threading

Squad devs licensed UE4 to use with souce code access, so they have theoreticly  the possibillity to change it.

But keeping in mind they have limited time,founds, expirience, programmer skills compared to the big companys.

-There is a reason why the choose to license an engine instead on creating one by thier own.

Its not trivial to effectly multithread dynamic software with many dependencys without running in syncing bottlenecks.

Even BF 1 that is comonly know to be well Multithreaded shows these some of these syntomes under certain constelations.

On 27.12.2017 at 3:16 PM, mastah4 said:

PUBG is one of the worse optimized games released since FX lineup is on market. Both, Squad and PUBG looks like 2001 games and requires very strong PC to run smooth.

In the same time, the same PC runs BF1 50fps+

52 minutes ago, PadrePadre said:

You can't compare a Triple A title ( and a complete game) with a big studio and a big publissher with a small indie studio and his alpha stage game. You really can't.

10 hours ago, PadrePadre said:

PUBG is one of the worse optimized games released since FX lineup is on market. Both, Squad and PUBG looks like 2001 games and requires very strong PC to run smooth.

So i assume it's only a cpu problem? If i upgrade let's say to intel things will change(of course) but is that the only problem or do i have to build a new comp?  Any ideas.

motherboard is ASUS M5A78L-M LX3

Since Squad need basically 1/2 cores with a high IPC and clock, maybe the best choice is this:

https://ark.intel.com/it/products/126685/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4_30-GHz

is a six core, so it can cover also the optimized game (very few today).

But please don't change the CPU only for one unfinished game.

I ask a refund for Kingdom Come Deliverance in 2016 due to the poor performance of the Beta and now I see that they made a game that use my 5820k like no other games (except BF1 and The Division)