Tenke

Requirements

i am a noob when it comes to all this PC crap about specs...
so could anyone give me an idea how my computer would run this game? 

System Information
------------------
  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (10.0.15063)
      Architecture: 64-bit
   Current Culture: English (Canada)
       Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M11AD
         Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460S CPU @ 2.90GHz (Physical: 4, Logical: 4)
            Memory: 12.00 GB
      DIMM Modules: ChannelA-DIMM0: 8.00 GB @ 1600 MHz
                    ChannelB-DIMM0: 4.00 GB @ 1600 MHz
         Page File: 1.81 GB
    .NET Framework: 4.6+ Release Build: 460798, Runtime: 4.0.30319.42000

Display Information
-------------------
 Display Device(s): Generic PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
   Display Mode(s): 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) @ 60 Hz
    Driver Version: 22.21.13.8233 (382.33)
    Display Memory: 4.00 GB
     Multisampling: 2, 4, 8
               DPI: 288 (300%)

I know that it runs, because I have very similar specs in on of my PCs and it runs just fine, but I can't remember what settings I have

but I remember it runs smooth on full HD, with decent FPS

Okay thanks, I'll try it out this weekend. 

I read can get a refund for it. So that's not bad at all..

I'll probably upgrade my computer for it anyways if I gotta...

PR is dying out. Everyone's going to squad. So it's time to do the same, plus the game looks amazing .

Welcome to forums and soon to the game Tenke

But don't curse on our beloved PR here, you will get much hate :) 

cy around

Trust me, i am not talking bad on PR, I love it.. been playing for aprox 8 years...
There isn't as many players regularly on through out the week anymore.. i play the game nearly every day.
I want to stick with it as long as i can.
But considering this game is like a newer PR, id also like to get into it. 
Bounce back between the two.

Anyways, back to topic, this is about specs.
id like more then one opinion... but then again, if there is that refund option, guess i can just try it.

Edited by Tenke

CPU and GPU are kinda low for this game so there might be some issues... Definitely try it out, you can check it out for 2 hours. Keep the sampling on x1 and don't go over 1080p... all other settings should be probably on low/medium. Shadows for sure put on low/medium or maybe even off. Do not use AA.

Try to start from there and see what can you crank up.

Cy around!

Well, i am going to get a new processor for start, looking at intel i7-7700k i think that should help out quite a bit.
Hopefully i don't need a new graphics card also.

37 minutes ago, Tenke said:

Well, i am going to get a new processor for start, looking at intel i7-7700k i think that should help out quite a bit.
Hopefully i don't need a new graphics card also.

I would look more to the i5 8600k for a gaming machine.

i am no computer pro, but looking at specs on the intel site, that's a weaker one?
what would make it better? out of curiosity..
i am not worried about the money, but nor am i willing all my money either, ahah.

The i5 8600k has 6 physical cores (real) compared to the 7700k 4 physical + 4 hyperthreaded cores. Physical cores are better. Although the i5 can perform only 6 threads compared to the i7 8 threads those extra 2 physical cores do more work than the hyperthreaded cores of the i7. Here's a better comparison for you.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8600K/3647vs3941

Both cpus will overclock to around 4.9-5.0 ghz and the 8600k will perform a little better and be cheaper at the same time. Also the 7700k is now considered end of line. For gaming right now there isn't a better chip than the i5 8600k for the price.

Generally, i5 is cheaper than i7 around ~100-200 euros/dollars... been that way for quite some time trough out the generations. With i7, you are not getting as much as you are paying if you only plan to do some gaming and/or some casual stuff. So if you want the best value for your money, go for i5.

i7 7700k is great processor if you can afford it. But maybe it's better to save some bucks and get better GPU or RAM. Don't expect miracles... you will be still limited by GPU.

Btw, since you have 4460s and thinking about new generation of intel, why not go for latest? Go for gen 8: 8600K or 8700K. Those are true big step up from previous generations of intel chips. For first time ever, pressured by AMD competition, Intel is letting 6 core CPU into mainstream market. Year ago, those chips would cost fortune.

I would suggest, if you don't want to invest into new motherboard (latest for gen 8 around 140 euros) and new RAM (DDR4 16GB ~140euros), just get i7 4790K or i5 4690K. Find one even second hand if you have reliable source. Just be aware that these chips did overclock and if not done properly, could shorten chip lifetime. You will save some money this way and new technology is on horizon for intel (10nm chips). Once it come to market, coffelake will drop in prices a little bit (gen 8 chips, very good ones) and new stuff is predicted to be another big leap forward in terms of performance, so you might want to go that route also.

Hmmm... so the i5-8600K is looking like the better option... id just have to get a new motherboard to accpet 8th gen... seems better in the long run.
& Disco, are you saying i'd have to buy new ram? i couldn't use the ram i've already got?

Being clueless on this type of stuff sucks! you guys are being very helpful though, i appreciate it.

Probably going to get the bundle it comes with and get the MSI ATX Motherboard Motherboards Z370-A PRO.
right now i am just trying to figure out if it will fit in my computer.

It probably will but double check on that too (that's how you get to know your computer :) ).

Memory: well, that motherboard (mb) is using DDR4 ram. Although you didn't mention what type of ram you have, processor you are currently using have mb with DDR3. So you will need to get new RAM also most likely.

It's like car... you don't just increase power by slapping bigger engine in... you need to take take care of everything that surrounds that increase like: engine support, suspension, brakes, fuel system and so on...

13 hours ago, Tenke said:

Probably going to get the bundle it comes with and get the MSI ATX Motherboard Motherboards Z370-A PRO.
right now i am just trying to figure out if it will fit in my computer.

I am not 100% but your current pc looks like it uses a mATX board so I suspect the ATX you're looking at won't fit. How many expansion slots (on the back) does your case have? To be 100% sure you can remove the side of the case and measure the height of your board. You might even see mATX or ATX marked on it.

The 7700k would also require DDR4 memory so it wasn't going to be just a simple case of dropping in a new mobo & cpu.

You'll probably want to look at your PSU specs as well. The generic PSU in pre built systems don't usually make allowace for upgrading to more powerful hardware from what they come with. I suspect you have a 450w PSU which, if of high quality, would probably be ok but may give you lots of problems if just a usual generic one. 

Edited by Major Trouble

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

The 7700k would also require DDR4 memory

so even if i took the easy way, without upgrading my motherboard and just slapping in a 7700k wouldn't do? id really need to get DDR4?
i am looking into this myself also right now.. i am trying to learn loooool..
may as well say I've never touched a computer before and i am 100% new.. i've never actually modded a PC... I've only purchased them.
i know earlier i said i am not worried about money, but if i upgrade to 8th gen and make everything else compatible that's gunna be in the thousand + dollar range... which for one game. i am not really willing to put in.
( i only play Project Reality and now trying Squad. )
I shall keep browsing to see what i can make my PC into, i played squad for a bit, so i will not give up on it... just probably wont shell out 1.5k to play it, 

2 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

How many expansion slots (on the back) does your case have?

I've got four, my graphics card takes two out of the four slots. but it does't really look i can shove anything else in there, unless thats with a motherboard switch out.
and my power supply is 500w
its a EVGA 500B..
so i was figuring the 7700k would just slap into my motherboard since its not 8th gen. from what i did read somewhere it should work?
How i hate being illiterate in a subject. frustrating 

ASUS H81M-E LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard 
is the motherboard i got now.

The 7th gen i7 7700k is socket 1151 and your mobo is socket 1150 so the i7 7700k won't just drop in there I am afraid. The i7 7700k & i5 8700k are both socket 1151 but even then they need their own different mobo (blame greedy intel for that mess). The best you could upgrade to would be the  i7 4790k which is still a very good processor for gaming even if it doesn't quite match the 7th or 8th gen cpus. If you're upgrading for just the two games you mention I think the i7 4790k is probably your best option if you couple it with a gtx 1070 or above.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8600K/2384vs3941

I'd consider your EVGA 500B PSU to be a pretty decent PSU and should power the upgrades OK. Most people go overboard with the watts they actually  require.

Your current mobo is a Micro ATX or mATX or m-ATX. All the same thing so if you do upgrade it and keep your current case you'll have to make sure you get one of that size. The one you were looking at, ATX, would be to big.

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

Your current mobo is a Micro ATX or mATX or m-ATX

okay, i figured out its a ASUS Micro ATX DDR3 1066 LGA 1150 Motherboard H81M-K
And like you said, they're all the same thing, the spec sizes seem a little different when shopping around. mines 

24.9 x 5.1 x 22.9 cm.
all the other ones are a bit bigger.. the one i am looking at is 28 x 27.2 x 6.5 cm 

that is a  MSI Gaming Intel B250 LGA 1151 DDR4 HDMI micro-ATX Motherboard (B250M GAMING PRO) 
from what i am reading, as long as its a " Micro ATX or mATX or m-ATX" it will fit though?
If so, ill buy one of those,
then slap a 
Intel 7th Gen Core i7-7700K Desktop Processor
and Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 .
oh computer, how you love to make me look an idiot. ahaha

BTW, thank you again for your help and patients..

Edited by Tenke

We were all PC noobs at some time so don't sweat it.

The physical size of the mATX mobos may vary by a few mm here and there but the mounting holes should all be in the exact same distances. Unless your case doesn't have any clearance around the board they should all fit.

That MSI Gaming board has a B250 chipset and as such doesn't give you full access to the cpu multiplier. That means you won't be able to overclock your 7700k. The k model of intel chips have an unlocked multiplier and a little overclocking is generally expected but you need a mobo capable of overclocking to take full benefit. The z270 boards are the ones to look at if your still keen on going the 7700k route.

Personally I'd be looking at the i5 8600k and a z370 mATX but it's your choice.

I appreciate it... & you're right.. i should go along with what you're saying to get.. there's not much of a difference at all in prices, except i'd still have to add in a fan for the build you're talking about...
 plus with what you're saying to get, i'd get away a lot longer without ever having to upgrade again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Intel 7th Gen Core i7-7700K Desktop Processor + fan --------- $ 411.84

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 .---------$264.20

MSI Gaming Intel B250 LGA 1151 DDR4 HDMI micro-ATX Motherboard -----------$119.04

Total: --------  $795.08
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Intel  8th Gen Core i5-8600K Processor ---------- $339.00

MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC Micro ATX Motherboard ------------ $204.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 .---------$264.20

Total: -------- 808.19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

You're still using the B270 board in your pricing. The z270 would be a little more expensive and would put the pricing even closer and might even take some of the sting out of requiring a cpu cooler.

The z370 board is an overclockable board.

I was just showing my old list that i was going to get.
i am going for the second one.
MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC Micro ATX Motherboard with Intel  8th Gen Core i5-8600K Processor.
gunna wait till christmoose to roll around and see if some deals can come out. 
looked at the z270.. seems a bit bigger, i don't got much room to play with, M11AD  the type,
my current motherboard almost fills it.