Sign in to follow this  
LaughingJack

SDK; verify, rather than re-install

This is mainly for the Devs.

Due to my C: drive dying i've had to re-install windoze and consequently the SDK as well - all 38-odd Gig. - which sux some because now i have to re-copy all my work back into the Mod folder - ok, takes time but not so bad.

Except that just after re-installing windows the windows update 'helper' helped by breaking windows, so i had to re-install again - this was just afte re-installing SDK and everything else.

Even trying to point "Install" at the existing SDK returns an error that the install folder must be empty - so everything must be deleted before you can install.

This may not be such an issue for those outside Australia and that's fine but here we have rubbish internet compared to the rest of the world - and it's a pita doing such big re-installs.

So my question is this (and it may very well be an Epic's thing not OWI's, i get that but i have to start somehwere), is there a possibility for adding into the Launcher a way to point "Verify" at an existing SDK install so i don't have to chew through nearly half my 100Gb monthly quota and lose another 2-3 hrs in doing so?

Cheers!

In the opening launcher there is an option to repair, could you start the install, then stop it. Copy over the local files and try repair? Could that work

@Smee: nope. the launcher insists on an empty folder and watching the rate at which i could copy back and forth the entire contents (69+GB) would have been just as slow as a reinstall. i also just found out that Telstra(IPS) has upgraded my allowance well past 100GB, so now i don't care :)

however it would still be good to Verify after pointing to an existing folder.