CPT Front Bum

Help! New to PC gaming

Hi Everyone, 

I've only had a PC for a month or so, previously a dirty xboxer! 

I have the following rig/set up and need guidance on what settings i should have running on Squad. 

Monitor - ASUS VP278H - 27 Inch - 1920 x 1080 

Rig - i7 7700 3.6 GHZ - 16gb RAM -  Nvidea GTX 1060 6GB + Windows 10 64Bit 

Thanks for your help :)

You and I are rocking similar specs (4930K, 16gb ram, 1060 (6gb), 1080p). I can't remember exactly what settings I have but they're pretty much all  on HIGH with FXAA + SS 1.25x and I get about 50-70 fps depending on the map. Average is around 55fps. 

Thanks mate, will have  a play with it tonight and see what happens. 

How can you work out FPS? 

Anyone else with any further suggestions, hit me up :)

Thanks! 

Shadowplay to display FPS.

I also use shadowplay for recordings however recently I came across a problem where my gameplay recordings for some reason only record the audio with a black screen. I checked my codecs are properly installed and I use VLC but still nothing but a black screen with audio. I'll have to dig further into it but alas it's not that important if you're not going to record gameplay :S 

Also, welcome to PC gaming!!! I used to game on both a very very low end pc for bf2 back in the day and xbox 360 but around 2011 I went ahead and built my first budget gaming PC and haven't played consoles since. 

PC all the way!!! 

2 hours ago, CPT Front Bum said:

Hi Everyone, 

I've only had a PC for a month or so, previously a dirty xboxer! 

Thanks for your help :)

Your fellow squaddies have you in capable hands... just wanted to welcome you to a whole new world! Thanks for picking Squad!

25 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Your fellow squaddies have you in capable hands... just wanted to welcome you to a whole new world! Thanks for picking Squad!

I've racked up about 150 hours in a couple of months so you could say im enjoying it :)

See you on the field of screams 

8 hours ago, CptDirty said:

You and I are rocking similar specs (4930K, 16gb ram, 1060 (6gb), 1080p). I can't remember exactly what settings I have but they're pretty much all  on HIGH with FXAA + SS 1.25x and I get about 50-70 fps depending on the map. Average is around 55fps. 

was getting 55-78! so im  very happy with that. thanks for your help 

No ( unless your Laptop can maintain at least 3,8Ghz turbo permanently ) because squads depends heavily on IPC and Clock.

To give you an Idea of the problem , High clocked/overclocked Skylake I3 with 2C/4T will beat slower clocked 4 and more Core CPUs with same architeture.

On 13/12/2017 at 12:56 PM, CptDirty said:

Why would you mess with super scalling? That can seriously drop your frames. I have a 1080 Ti and the game settings are all on Ultra running the game on 100+ FPS. I remember back in the day before they downgraded a little bit the graphic quality due to poor optimazation and it run on 50-70 FPS. That was awful! I felt so weird to even look around.

46 minutes ago, Ceceli said:

Why would you mess with super scalling? That can seriously drop your frames. I have a 1080 Ti and the game settings are all on Ultra running the game on 100+ FPS. I remember back in the day before they downgraded a little bit the graphic quality due to poor optimazation and it run on 50-70 FPS. That was awful! I felt so weird to even look around.

There is no absolute settings as each configuration is slightly different from one PC to another. Granted the GPU is undoubtedly the single most important component but at the end of the day it all boils down to personal preference. I find that with FXAA + SS 1.25x on high I have a good balance between frames (my monitor is [email protected]) and image quality especially at distance. Best advice I can give is to try and see for yourself play with the settings and find the right one for you :)