Sign in to follow this  
Whiskey

Randomly kicked from Steam group

I have a lot of hours in Squad and love the game, haven't played in a while and I'm not active in any forums so I was surprised when I saw this:

https://imgur.com/YxDNPER

Probably just a mistake

Offworld pls fix

Don't worry, you weren't specifically chosen to be kicked. The JoinSquad Steam Group was deleted, which resulted in everyone in it, to be kicked from it.

Some more insight into it, for the curious: The group is more or less deprecated in favor of the Game Hub. Generally speaking, if you try to hunt groups, Steam points you to that page now... which happens to contain the most up-to-date information, news, and discussions for Squad. Something Groups didn't have going for them. In addition to that, it's a lot of work to expect someone to even find the group at this point, versus using their library page.

The old stuff weren't so gud for support, nor anybody that wanted to stay looped in. Should be a better experience all around, which might be evidenced by the only way to manage the group is to kick everyone. Maybe Steam'll finish that feature later. =)