Sign in to follow this  
Friesen

Please add additional delay for placing RP when exiting vehicle

Please add additional delay for placing an RP after exiting a vehicle.

There's a lot of rushing as of right now that everyone is even talking about. And part of the rushing problem is that squads just hop in the vehicles, drive to the objective, hop out, drop a rally which is a highly risky maneuver and which wouldn't happen in real life in such a way where they'd be able to magically morph an entire squad into it.

In real life there'd be a lot more careful approach to the objective before they enter it, and not rush to it like it happens every time in Squad (because it's unfavourable not to do so when you can just quickly place a rally and spawn everyone into it).

If you had a delay for placing RP after exiting vehicle (not a huge one, say for instance only like 30 sec), then we would have exactly this -> it would be too risky to just drive straight into an objective and place rally point because what if within that 30 seconds the SL gets killed? He'd then lose the postion. So basically it would just not create so many unrealistic behaviours where squads just drive right into objectives, drop a rally safely and all of sudden everyone spawns in there out of nowhere (not realistic that a vehicle has got only ie 4 seats, but you're able to suddenly morph a whole squad there after you drove like 500m from the main base).

If there was this 30 second delay after exiting a vehicle, then squads would want to approach the objectives from a distance and rather advancing it on foot as an infantry. It would encourage squads to disembark outside the objective just like most likely it would happen in real life, where then they would start advancing the objective on foot with the support of those vehicles, but not rush crazy style by driving the vehicles right into an objective and placing a rally straight away, because that is what's happening right now and it's silly.

I'd absolutely love that because it would create a lot more infantry advancing on foot occurrences... rather than quick get out of vehicle, drop a rally and just both teams getting themselves into a huge cluster-f*ck inside the objective on every single map.

Edited by Friesen

You can rush with your entire squad in a btr or transport just the same. What a timer like that going to do is have impact for the entire round not only upon match start... 

Basically trucks/btrs etc should be used as a transport for troops, but not as something that can immediately and easily morph a squad by placing a rally point RIGHT at the objective, with the small time delay for placing an RP after exiting a vehicle, SLs would seek to place rally points in a lot more safer places BEFORE they enter the objective.

Even as little as 10-20 sec would make a huge difference in the way squads just unrealistically rush straight into objectives. Because even as small as 10-20 would force and encourage the SLs to seek to approach the objectives a lot more cautiously.

Edited by Friesen

What about if the whole squad spawns at main base and they all jump in the vehicle? When they arrive it will be no different than if they had just waited for a rally to spawn. 

Edited by Gnarleus

Can see all that will bring is , "My rallies bugged. "  Not a favourite idea

5 hours ago, Ancient ifrit said:

I'm pretty sure they gonna remove rally point soon or later. With fobs being refined we not gonna need a mobile spawn, we have apc's for a reason.

That would be a  terrible idea.

8 hours ago, Gnarleus said:

What about if the whole squad spawns at main base and they all jump in the vehicle? When they arrive it will be no different than if they had just waited for a rally to spawn. 

What do you mean? If the whole squad spawns at the main and grabs a vehicle, then it'll be a very far way for them to get to the forward position where the SL is.. Whereas whenever the SL exits a vehicle he'd have to wait another 20-30 sec to drop a rally point. That would at least force the squad to approach the objectives much more cautiously than drive straight into it, drop a rally and rush mentality.

Edited by Friesen

13 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

That would be a  terrible idea.

Why exactly? We suppose to attack and defend in waves. If you fail to attack, it will take some time to get back to the obj. It's gonna need more coordination but will be much more glorious to defend or cap an obj.

Rallies really destroy the whole purpose of maintain a fob active. You not gonna need to stay inside fob bcuz the whole team gonna spawn there, and them you can coordinate with others SL' s a rotate attack and defend.

Sometimes a fob is lost just bcuz everybody only cares for theirs rallies and nobody pays truly attention to a real base.

Just my opinion. 

12 hours ago, Ancient ifrit said:

Why exactly? We suppose to attack and defend in waves. If you fail to attack, it will take some time to get back to the obj. It's gonna need more coordination but will be much more glorious to defend or cap an obj.

Rallies really destroy the whole purpose of maintain a fob active. You not gonna need to stay inside fob bcuz the whole team gonna spawn there, and them you can coordinate with others SL' s a rotate attack and defend.

Sometimes a fob is lost just bcuz everybody only cares for theirs rallies and nobody pays truly attention to a real base.

Just my opinion. 

Do you really think the game needs to force even 'more coordination' onto plebs? Half to a third of the people playing are morons to begin with that are placing idiotic FOBs/HABs (when they even place them). I played a round the other day and it took the idiots 20 minutes to place a FOB - and they didn't even do it, my buddy had to go create a squad specifically to do it, because the rest of the SLs were ****ing idiots and refused to listen - even when given direction and there's a loaded logi ready and waiting for them. Needless to say we got our asses kicked. I should have just done it myself but I wanted to actually play a round with the new MGs.

Depends on where it is and what it's intended role is. Sometimes it's of critical importance to the success of a team on a specific objective. This is usually the case when the FOB/HAB is placed right on or beside the objective. When that happens, many many people pay attention to it. If they don't - that just goes to my point above about many of them being idiots who pay zero attention to what's going on around them or how the game in general works.

However what frequently happens is that the FOB/HAB is placed well away from the objective, and is used more as a backup spawn point then anything. And in that situation, the last thing it's intended to be is "a real base". One of the best things to come from V10 is the ability to limit how many supplies you're dropping. Now you can drop just enough for a HAB and an ammo crate and that will hopefully prevent or at the very least slow down the morons who wish to build "a real base" that's not on or near an objective.

And lastly, due to how moronic many SLs end up being, the ability to have a RP as a spawn point is critical to the play-ability of the overall game. It removes some of the dependencies from your squad being tied to idiotic SLs who do not have a clue what they're doing and who refuse to listen. It's great to be able to say 'well do it yourself' or ' be better' or ****ing whatever, but the game depends on the team working together, and frequently that just doesn't happen all that well, and the team will get carried by 1 or 2 squads. But there's little reason to make things even harder for those that do know what they're doing then it needs to be. And that's all that getting rid of the RP would do. It won't enhance the game, it will just make it harder for those that do know what they're doing, and will make it even harder to get into for those that do not know what they're doing.

Edited by Ti0mat

God can't believe that some people calling for removing the RP completely. What a bad idea that would be. You need the RP even for simple tasks such as subjugating and conquering enemy's FOBs, otherwise there would be no chance of conquering enemy's FOBS.

But again having additional delay for placing RP after exiting a vehicle would slow down the gameplay and force the SL to exit the vehicle earlier before they enter the objective.

Edited by Friesen

And I can not understand how some people can defend the current rp system, luckily are few , it requires so little teamwork and planning, it does not fit into a game like squad, many of those who talk like that also probably never played PR, in that RP has the necessary restrictions to not serve as a magic point of respawn and subjugate all Fob system and logistics that was planned for the game simply because some think they can play individually, if a team is not minimally competent to make some fobs he must lose. It's not a matter of dependency, but what is the purpose of the game, is made around teamwork and communication, these elements can not be supplanted by a magic rally system, if someone thinks so ... well, maybe they should look for another game for that.
 The game can not build a whole environment suitable for teamwork, communication, planning, realistic aspects, the slower gaming pass, with greater strategic depth and at the same time maintaining a rally system like the current one, is completely disrupting the game environment and disrupting many of the things I've cited.

Someone also said that the devs tested and found these current conditions as the best for the rally .... simply not, given also the latest updates we will not be slow to see a restructuring of the rally system, and also prefer the 11 years of testing of PR with its rally system if we are to take a measure of what has been tested, in this I have produced a suggestion for the restructuring of the rally, it is not a removal but an adaptation to the game genre of the squad, so that it does not remove depth of the game and do not destroy the other aspects, leading to the need for planning, teamwork, this is only satisfactory when you can do this effectively, as I could feel for so many years in PR, who simply can not accept this is very accommodated with the system rally to accept a change in the right direction.

You want a game where it would be just about FOB vs FOB that are some 200m away. How incredible insipid is that kind of logic when in fact the RP is what keeps the game dynamic and busy. I wouldn't even feel the need to be in squad if there was no rally point. Hopefully no one is taking such asinine idea seriously.

3 minutes ago, Friesen said:

. I wouldn't even feel the need to be in squad if there was no rally point. 

To see how you take the game and the rally system ...  

For someone who views the squad only as a source of instant magic spawn, you really should see a system that requires more planning and teamwork as an asinine idea.

FOB is also a magic construction where magically spawns an entire team. Rally point is even more realistic in a way that is simulating a moving frontline of individual squads pushing forward.

Edited by Friesen

The fob requires time to be built, supplies, teamwork and planning, because eventually it needs to be defended, it simulates areas of advance and front with cohesion, demand of a functional logistic system, has a defensive, offensive or blocking function for strategic points, communication demand between the team.
Rally more realistic? random and non-cohesive advance zones, dispersed infantry using as spawn a structure created with one click and nothing more, so it sounds so magical.

Driving a truck behing enemy lines, placing a magical bunker of a HAB and spawning a whole team into it is even more magical than rally point in which simulates the "reinforcements" that follow the trail of the squad and are just behind it, and most importantly the fact that rally point so easily disappears if only enemy steps anywhere near it, whereas the super-FOBs which turns into alien vs predator syndrome turns it into a stupid spawn-killing fest.

Rally point is the best thing that this game has and should never be removed. It's part of the micro-command and individual squad tasks.

1 minute ago, Friesen said:

Rally point is the best thing that this game has and should never be removed

+1 YEP! 

6 minutes ago, Friesen said:

Driving a truck behing enemy lines, placing a magical bunker of a HAB and spawning a whole team into it is even more magical than rally point in which simulates the "reinforcements" that follow the trail of the squad and are just behind it, and most importantly the fact that rally point so easily disappears if only enemy steps anywhere near it, whereas the super-FOBs which turns into alien vs predator syndrome turns it into a stupid spawn-killing fest.

Rally point is the best thing that this game has and should never be removed. It's part of the micro-command and individual squad tasks.

Interesting. On one hand you feel "flinching" needs to be built into the game for the sake of "realism" however on the other hand you're totally ok with the Star Trek transporter system.

To be consistent with your "realism" paradigm shouldn't your opinion be that players have to be transported in some type of vehicle?

6 minutes ago, Friesen said:

Yes you can go behind the enemy lines and build a Fob, but as you yourself said ... it will require a truck, supplies, people to assist in the construction, it requires time, it makes noise, it is big and it draws attention, especially the trucks, in addition it can not be ignored that it will be a limited fob since to load supplies to it again will require additional exposure, or maybe not even more possible ..., it is not difficult to understand, I already said it requires planning and teamwork !!!! and all this is not too much to see, in the pr you can see extensively equipped defensive and offensive fobs, simple fobs to feed key sectors, fobs in the rear of the opponent to mount ambush atgm's and hidden fobs that has up their suplyes hidden so they will not be detected.
And of course the rallies are also used, but with much more care and planning and also not as the main spawn system.

And removal? I did not mention removal, I personally would like it to be removed yes, but if you read the suggestion you can see that it is a request for adequacy to the type of game that the squad intends to be, an adequacy at least at the PR level that works very well already at years. 

33 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Interesting. On one hand you feel "flinching" needs to be built into the game for the sake of "realism" however on the other hand you're totally ok with the Star Trek transporter system.

To be consistent with your "realism" paradigm shouldn't your opinion be that players have to be transported in some type of vehicle?

I can say the same about your contradiction that you feel like having a laser-accuracy under fire like non-flinching robots is what's "realistic" and you're talking about your own flinch which doesn't exist, because no one is going to flinch on their own playing a computer game no matter what audio or blur on the screen while you're shooting at an enemy.

And if there was a delay for placing a rally point after exiting a vehicle then it wouldn't be "Star Trek transporter system", but it would work as its real purpose is supposed to be which is -> simulating the reserve of the units that follow the trail path of the squad.

Besides the majority of 75% voting for no in this poll speaks for itself.

And btw calling for more suppression mechanics such as in-game flinch which in turn would make the gunplay feel more realistic is also the majority. Such as in the latest poll about suppression or even the comment in that video that has the highest number of likes just after a few days of posting -> "And machineguns won't even be at their best with V10 since there is no major suppression overhaul."

Edited by Friesen

1 minute ago, Friesen said:

I can say the same about your contradiction that you feel like having a laser-accuracy under fire like non-flinching robots is what's "realism" and you're talking about your own flinch which doesn't exist, because no one is going to flinch on their own playing a computer game no matter what audio or blur on the screen while you're shooting at an enemy.

And if there was a delay for placing a rally point after exiting a vehicle then it wouldn't be "Star Trek transporter system", but it would work as its real purpose is supposed to be which is -> simulating the reserve of the units that follow the trail path of the squad.

Besides the majority of 75% voting for no in this poll speaks for itself.

And btw calling for more suppression mechanics such as in-game flinch which in turn would make the gunplay feel more realistic is also the majority. Such as in the latest poll about suppression or even the comment in that video that has the highest number of likes just after a few days of posting -> "And machineguns won't even be at their best with V10 since there is no major suppression overhaul."

I simply asked you a very basic question and you're deflecting now with polls and such. Let me ask you again yes or no are RP's and HABS "realistic"?

I never said they are realistic. It's a computer game, you cannot achieve real life "moving forces" of the back up units without mechanics that might seem "gamey" in order to achieve a realistic effect. Same thing is with the flinch for flying bullets, you cannot have a gunplay that behaves realistically close to RL without certain in-game mechanics such as the suppression effects.

Edited by Friesen

Ok, rallies are important and should stay in game but needs some nerfs, right?

Sometimes I just keep rally up for entire round for my squad to attack enemy fob just bcuz it's easy to play that way. What we loose if we fail? Nothing. What they loose if we get them? 25pts or more.

When you force the entire team to rely on a single point it's much more easy to create a real frontline. When the fob became a kill fest it's because everybody leaves it undefended and has no manpower to counter it. If the whole team spread across the fob to push like a frontline you dont gonna be surrounded so easily.

I know that not every SL cares about the team and etc... but we must have mechanics to force players to play on that way. Otherwise, if your team dont have coordination you gonna lose and that's ok, lack of it gonna punish your team.

The FOB is often placed in buildings or in places where it's continuously spammed by the enemies and there's nowhere else to spawn. In real life you don't have entire units in one single building, the forces are spread all over the area and this is what the rally points simulate. They also secure the FOB in which otherwise without the RPs it would become a one giant spam killing fest.

Edited by Friesen