Sign in to follow this  
Rainmaker

Razorwire Idea

Hello,

It just came to me. While there is nothing wrong about how current way of putting razorwire down works, and I would not change it, I would however expand on it and put more ways how to deploy it in the game. Why? If you, like us, like the idea of funeling the enemy into a certain kill zone with razor wire or blocking some avenues of aproach then you will understand. But to explain why to other people, is to be more conveniant and easier to use.

The idea is to open the map as a squad leader and deploy ("put", or "paint") razor wire on the map. So, when you "paint it" on the map, its deployed in the world where your teammates can go and showel it. Also, these "painted" razorwires would be visible on the map for teammates so they know where to go to showel and build them up.

Also, another veeeeery old thing is which STILL didn't change. Razorwires need to be razorwires and not paperwires. They need to hurt and they need proper equipment to get removed faster, like razor cutters.

Regards,
Rain

I dont think you should be able to walk through Razor wire.  I mean, theres no way you could irl, unless someone belly-flops onto it and you walk across his back.  You would just get all tangled up.  Maybe, at the very least, add the V10 weapon lowering feature to people crossing the wire to simulate them using their hands to free their clothing and gear.  Then, as you say, add some real damage / bleed effect to it.

I think the wire should be an extremely quick and cheap fortification that differentiates itself from sandbags by providing no ballistic shielding whatsoever -- bullets & frag should go straight through it.  That being said, it should be much more of a barrier than it currently is.  Its more there just to look nice right now.

Yes yes and yes. Razorwire is just a nice cosmetic gimmick at the moment. I think a nice medium would be inability to fire weapon and a bleeding effect.

I'd like razor wire to be a better barrier, as has been noted. It's pretty useless as it is. To balance it, nades and other explosives should damage it to a realistic extent. 

If I recall correctly, razor wire currently can be destroyed by tossing a grenade on it which doesn't make sense to me at all but ohhkayyy. What if similarly to different sandbags there will be a radial menu option for a secondary type of razor wire, one that is sturdier, thicker, doesn't get blown up by 1 grenade (perhaps 3 or 4) but costs more (100 points).......In recent updates there has been a major decline in fortification usability going from removing passively-generated FOBS to sandbags that disappear upon explosive impact and insurgents inability to have double-row barriers like they used to with the tires.

I like the idea of making razor wire more meaningful, sturdier, possibly not allowing a solder to fire if they are trying to walk through it, and maybe having a special tool to dismantle it. 

I don't really like the idea of being able to deploy razor wire or any structure from the map. I think the SL should have to be at the location where he wants to place it. Maybe I read the original posters message incorrectly but the way I'm interpreting it is sort of like hey I'm SL and I'm at Main base and can deploy all this razor wire half way across the map. That doesn't feel realistic to me. Maybe I misinterpreted you, let me know if I did.   

Think clearing Razor wire with grenades should be removed. Mortars yeah, grenades no.

I remember the good old days last summer when people would superfob the top of a high rise in the center of Al Basrah and have razor wire on every staircase... that was hilarious...

The devs should make it that razor wire is quickly built, but takes 2-3X more time to destroy (ex: 8 shovel "scoops" to build, vs 16 or 24 shovel scoops to destroy). I think all buildables are a 1-to-1 build destroy ratio now with shovels, although I could be mistaken. And instead of one grenade, maybe 2-3 grenades to destroy them as well.

The engineer/sapper class in the coming updates will add another layer to destroying deployments, but for now this could be a quick solution.

For sandbags, grenades are too destructive for them. They should only destroyed by near touch grenade impacts. Right now it seems that they are really fragile to grenade explosions even at 6ft from the explosion. Mortars, 30 mills, and rockets should destroy the sandbags more like grenades do now.

Edited by Bronzkiy

On 12/13/2017 at 7:09 AM, CptDirty said:

If I recall correctly, razor wire currently can be destroyed by tossing a grenade on it which doesn't make sense to me at all but ohhkayyy. What if similarly to different sandbags there will be a radial menu option for a secondary type of razor wire, one that is sturdier, thicker, doesn't get blown up by 1 grenade (perhaps 3 or 4) but costs more (100 points).......In recent updates there has been a major decline in fortification usability going from removing passively-generated FOBS to sandbags that disappear upon explosive impact and insurgents inability to have double-row barriers like they used to with the tires.

Just remove the function to destroy it with a grenade. Let mortars, GLs, RPGs and IEDs blow it up (if you want a way to destroy it without having to shovel it), but it should be a lot more robust then it currently is. At least in this case, only some guys can take it out from afar. Right now, about the best it does, is slow the other team down slightly, if at all - and even then, to do much of anything, it must be placed in pretty specific spots. And even when it's in great spots, a couple of nades clear's it, making it pretty useless and a waste of time.