CptDirty

So let's talk about OP First Light & Militia Faction...

*This applies to public vanilla matches and not competitive clans or stacked teams**

So every time this map comes up and you're on Militia you know you're pretty much [email protected]#%ed..... If you were to take equally balanced teams on both sides with somewhat equal skill level then it's pretty much a given that U.S. forces will win on that map 90% of the time. Look I know it's doable with a good team that cooperates internally and all that jazz yeah fine I agree but I don't think anyone can refute the FACT that the majority of matches on OP FIRST LIGHT are one-sided to the U.S. Forces. It's a lose-lose situation.

I believe OP First Light is the tipping point to a much bigger problem and that is a heavily unbalanced Militia Faction in general. This can also be seen on Sumari Bala, and to some extent on Logar Valley. 

Some people would argue that this is due to lack of optics on Militia, Squad's lack of balancing players mechanic (scramble), or that I just suck.. This can be refuted all day long but the fact remains that Militia is simply under-powered when put up against the U.S. Force a sad majority of the time.

22 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

*This applies to public vanilla matches and not competitive clans or stacked teams**

So every time this map comes up and you're on Militia you know you're pretty much [email protected]#%ed..... If you were to take equally balanced teams on both sides with somewhat equal skill level then it's pretty much a given that U.S. forces will win on that map 90% of the time. Look I know it's doable with a good team that cooperates internally and all that jazz yeah fine I agree but I don't think anyone can refute the FACT that the majority of matches on OP FIRST LIGHT are one-sided to the U.S. Forces. It's a lose-lose situation.

I believe OP First Light is the tipping point to a much bigger problem and that is a heavily unbalanced Militia Faction in general. This can also be seen on Sumari Bala, and to some extent on Logar Valley. 

Some people would argue that this is due to lack of optics on Militia, Squad's lack of balancing players mechanic (scramble), or that I just suck.. This can be refuted all day long but the fact remains that Militia is simply under-powered when put up against the U.S. Force a sad majority of the time.

Yep

Remember that we only have that map as kind of an old pre alpha relic, it will be terminated at one point. (At least that is the last information I read about that map from a dev a few months back)

I always thought the inclusion of vehicles into Forest was kind of silly. The same with Sumari.

The map itself is awesome I think it has tremendous potential for infantry only game mode but it's one of my least favorite maps when I play either factions honestly. 

11 hours ago, koschilein said:

Remember that we only have that map as kind of an old pre alpha relic, it will be terminated at one point. (At least that is the last information I read about that map from a dev a few months back)

upload.jpg

>Terminated

What an oddly aggressive term to use.

Neat. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they enjoy that map.

Step 1: Change the factions to Russia vs Militia

Step 2: Enjoy balanced map ^_^

(I can't stand any militia vs US no-recoil-full-auto-lazor m4s, if my position on the issue wasn't clear enough)

Edited by Psyrus

The problem is that the ground position heavily helps americans. We all tried once to rush storage as militia and got rekt by their gorilla warfare

1 hour ago, Bonnie Money said:

got rekt by their gorilla warfare

maxresdefault.jpg

That would be a scary fight!

I agree...

IMO i dont think insurgent or militia should be on AAS at all...its to imbalanced, Insurgents are made for insurgent game mode. thats how it was in PR and thats how it should be in squad.

Russia vs U.S. is the only maps i ever enjoy.

then here comes Kokan (great map) but its AAS and US vs Insurgent.. well i just leave the server.  its fun slaying Haj with Acog's across all them fields in between the points...but its not so much fun for the receiving end.

Add: also putting militia /insurgent on invasion makes sense..still not AAS

Edited by ♠DEG♠

20 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Step 1: Change the factions to Russia vs Militia

Step 2: Enjoy balanced map ^_^

(I can't stand any militia vs US no-recoil-full-auto-lazor m4s, if my position on the issue wasn't clear enough)

And i agree about the no recoil full auto lazer comment...with red dots on every damn class as well its to much.

Edited by ♠DEG♠