_FISCHER_

No Mainstream Youtubers Playing Squad

Why aren't there more big youtubers playing squad? Like Driftor Levelcap and Jackfrags to name a few I remember the first time when level cap played on chora more than 2 years ago. It was unlike anything i had ever seen before, and now with all of this content being released in V10 i feel like it would be a missed opportunity to not reach out to these youtubers with millions of followers to show people what squad is. 

5 minutes ago, _FISCHER_ said:

Why aren't there more big youtubers playing squad? Like Driftor Levelcap and Jackfrags to name a few I remember the first time when level cap played on chora more than 2 years ago. It was unlike anything i had ever seen before, and now with all of this content being released in V10 i feel like it would be a missed opportunity to not reach out to these youtubers with millions of followers to show people what squad is. 

Maybe ask them why?

11 minutes ago, _FISCHER_ said:

Because Squad doesn't generate views and revenue anymore. 

It was a JackFrag YT vid that put me onto Squad so there is a lot to be said from the exposure as you say. Squad is very much a team game with a good few luls in the action. I am not sure it really fits the YT stars style of play. Watching Jack play BF is a good example of how his playstyle won't translate to Squad very well at all. I've watched Jack and his pals play Squad as a squad and.........it wasn't a good example to show potential new players.

I've personally seen about half a dozen big twitch streamers, small channels like Lirik and Shroud included playing Squad in the past month. Double the amount in the past 6 months when another bunch of them got around to it in the summertime. And some big youtube channels have made videos on Squad, but as Squad isn't a title that attracts the big masses and isn't good for clickbaiting or doing short "omg here's top 10 pubg fails" type of content they usually leave it at that one. 
For how niche of a game Squad is, it has got a pretty good amount of publicity from youtubers/streamers, just because they enjoy the game as it is and they play it not because of the revenue but the game itself. And for that exact reason some other channels won't ever touch it. Also, some of those top dog youtubers / streamers usually work mainly on contracts on the games they play = they're paid promotions to play and make like a 20 video series or something. And that's why they do those on AAA games rather than indies who can't pay the same kind of bucks for them. 

Jackfrags, Frankie, devildog.

Frank and Jack still play it I think they just dont make vids on it.

Edited by Crusty
Spelling

YouTube has been demonetizing so many different things recently that I can't imagine there would be any money in making pro level videos of Squad.

6 hours ago, Robin Sage said:

Because Squad doesn't generate views and revenue anymore. 

some of levelcaps vids in the early days of squad had 2-3 million views

6 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Maybe ask them why?

how would you go about that? the only way for them to hear you is to be top comment on their vids, or i guess be one of the many thousands of messages  in their inbox.

6 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

It was a JackFrag YT vid that put me onto Squad so there is a lot to be said from the exposure as you say. Squad is very much a team game with a good few luls in the action. I am not sure it really fits the YT stars style of play. Watching Jack play BF is a good example of how his playstyle won't translate to Squad very well at all. I've watched Jack and his pals play Squad as a squad and.........it wasn't a good example to show potential new players.

Actually I think your wrong if they played with like a four or five man squad with other popular youtubers the way they do in pubg they could make some good content that others would watch even if they didnt play or care to play squad. Regardless it will give squad so much exposure and maybe turn some people on who never heard of this game.

They'll play it again when the game updates.

There's no science behind it and the devs don't need to reach out to them personally.

Just now, Assi said:

They'll play it again when the game updates.

There's no science behind it and the devs don't need to reach out to them personally.

...though I'm here if they want to chat. =)

Some of it is simply going to be a matter of scale, though -- I imagine any major Youtuber has to dedicate a lot of time to what most people are playing. And the update/news cycle definitely fits into that too!

52 minutes ago, _FISCHER_ said:

how would you go about that? the only way for them to hear you is to be top comment on their vids, or i guess be one of the many thousands of messages  in their inbox.

Sure. Most people of any noteriety have contact information. Maybe you could even send them a letter. I sent Frank Zappa a letter when I was a kid and he personally wrote me back so certainly contacting some random YouTuber shouldn't be that big of a deal.

The place you should be looking is Twitch. Besides the 'mainstream' YouTubers already did their videos, Squad isn't new anymore. Maybe they will do another video when it comes out of Early Access.

I don't usually edit the videos and upload to Youtube so I am no expert but, people generally do not watch 1 to 1 1/2 hr videos in one setting unless it's exceptional.. 

I am just put my blindfold and yell out "Editing!"

Like mentioned above, twitch is still alive and breathing. 
Edit : My aim/purpose of watching someone else playing Squad is to learn how I can be better at doing SL. not for the entertainment. It's just me of course.

Spoiler

My opinion on this issue : Keep Squad under the surface. Doesn't attract negativity no more than what we need right now

Edited by samwiseOrigin

3 hours ago, _FISCHER_ said:

Actually I think your wrong if they played with like a four or five man squad with other popular youtubers the way they do in pubg they could make some good content that others would watch even if they didnt play or care to play squad.

Go watch the vid then make the call. If you don't you can't make a reasonable conclusion. They just about played as a squad (much worse than PUBG) but didn't play as a team from what they showed. Still bringing their BF mentality of solo players running around in a group rather than proper teamwork.

Even though its not huge on twitch & others don't think its a good game to stream I think this game has so much potential and just needs more streamers little or big because from what it looks like we all wanna see more content also there is good amount of time in between to actually engage the audience while still focusing and playin good. idk just my thoughts but also very new to this game. 

I'm making squad content on youtube, now you just have to make me mainstream, problem solved ;)