Sign in to follow this  
Covalent

Exterior audio reduced while inside vehicle.

While inside a vehicle, i.e like a BTR/Stryker/MRAP/Scout Car/MTLB etc, things where you're closed in..  I think the audio should be lowered, or muffled.  Perhaps not for local/squad voice chat for obvious reasons, but it'd be a lot more realistic.  

I used Search and didn't find anything related to this topic, so apologies if it's been asked already, or already in the works.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Covalent

When the engine is on it kind of muffles the sound but not nearly on the same level that of in real life. These things are loud and should muffle the outside noise for sure! 

I'm desperately waiting for earplugs.... I like hearing the environmental noises and footsteps, but being in armor is then super loud. Which may be how it is irl, but especially if you're crew, it drives me nuts. Adding earplugs like in ARMA would keep me from shifting my headset half off of my head and then missing local chat. 

52 minutes ago, LugNut said:

I'm desperately waiting for earplugs.... I like hearing the environmental noises and footsteps, but being in armor is then super loud. Which may be how it is irl, but especially if you're crew, it drives me nuts. Adding earplugs like in ARMA would keep me from shifting my headset half off of my head and then missing local chat. 

Agreed, or separate volume slider in settings for In-Vehicle Engine sound. Currently, it's tied to Effects so if you turn down effects in settings "while in vehicle" it helps, but it also reduces ambient sound effects. This is the only way I've found to manage it currently, when its unbearable, but who want's to do that every time they get in a vehicle. I don't think the vehicle sound should be tied to the overall effects volume, needs a separate slider. 

Good to know I'm not the only one that thinks people shouldn't be able to hear as much as they can while inside a vehicle.

It certainly would make Insurgents doing suicide bikes and such easier on Al Basrah.  Trying to flank a Stryker, only for them to have the engine off..  They can hear it from a mile away.  I don't mind if it's INFANTRY, but how the hell does someone inside a vehicle hear it so clearly?  

It's odd.  I assume sounds are presumably pretty low on the priority list, though.