Robin Sage

Will v10 ruin Squad?

1 hour ago, lisasu said:

as always "e-dicks" part of community showing themselves as toxic and cancer and i like that game starting to cure itself from it

btw! i can wave my e-peepee too. i'm plat3 in R6. i doubt that people who are choosing squad as a substitute for REAL competitive games can reach that high. gold2 maybe? @Robin Sage 1v1 me :D

i'm sure iskt guys can come up with their aas mod or something. or do you enjoy your edgy tactics on pub servers with a bunch of casual players? is that what you think "competitive" is?

Interesting. Dropping in like Red Bull Felix Baumgartner to flaunt your elevated R6 unobtanium status "amongst" us. Except we're focused on the unique and distinct awesomeness of Squad and could care less about your comparison/contrast of Squad vs. "insert game name trivialities here" l33t nonsense within this conversation...

btw... I'm casual 4 life and typically no clan pogues pwns me so that kind of destroys your simulacrum narrative wouldn't you say?

19 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

. Except we're focused on the unique and distinct awesomeness of Squad

yeah exactly. i'm focused on the unique and distinct awesomeness of squad not being sweaty "competitive" fps at all

and i laugh at these guys thinking if they're good at shooting pubbies on a large scale game that tries it's best to minimize single player impact on the match they're "competitive"

especially when they deny the whole squad idea and say shit like

You can have a shit squad leader with good shooters and still get work done. 

wrong game lads, if you think you're good shooter and craving for attention based on it go find yourself another game 

1 hour ago, lisasu said:

yeah exactly. i'm focused on the unique and distinct awesomeness of squad not being sweaty "competitive" fps at all

and i laugh at these guys thinking if they're good at shooting pubbies on a large scale game that tries it's best to minimize single player impact on the match they're "competitive"

especially when they deny the whole squad idea and say shit like

wrong game lads, if you think you're good shooter and craving for attention based on it go find yourself another game 

lol what? I was in the mumblerines and particpated in a bunch of competitive events/scrims so your argument is invalid about me thinking it's all about potato slaying. Second, it's true. Good shooters will help win the match over Good SL's in an FPS. 

19 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

lol what? I was in the mumblerines and particpated in a bunch of competitive events/scrims so your argument is invalid about me thinking it's all about potato slaying. Second, it's true. Good shooters will help win the match over Good SL's in an FPS. 

wow cool! except i have no idea who are they and whats your "competitive" scene in this game is cuz i don't really care

all i say that is certain group of players can just stay in their own trash can where they belong as they successfully do so, not forcing their vision on pub gameplay

Edited by lisasu

14 hours ago, Robin Sage said:

go to squad ops for milsim, or arma. Don't enforce your solid copies on people. 

I have no idea why you thought squad was going to be anything less than a milsim. Its clear from the description of the game to the actual game its based on (Project Reality) where this game is headed. It just makes you look confused when you tell people playing squad to go to arma if they want realism. Why don't you go play counter strike if you want hardcore competitive FPS?  

Edited by warrior6

29 minutes ago, lisasu said:

wow cool! except i have no idea who are they and whats your "competitive" scene in this game is cuz i don't really care

all i say that is certain group of players can just stay in their own trash can where they belong as they successfully do so, not forcing their vision on pub gameplay

What do you know about pub gameplay? I'm on NA servers all the time brosef and I've never seen your tag...  Just saying...

2 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

What do you know about pub gameplay? I'm on NA servers all the time brosef and I've never seen your tag...  Just saying...

what is that, an invitation? sorry, 400 ping to NA

On 12/5/2017 at 8:39 PM, Robin Sage said:

Please try to not be toxic in this thread and keep it civil. No fanboys and no shit talking. 

You had one job.

3 hours ago, Robin Sage said:

Why? Why does this FPS have to focus around an individual player rather than the efforts of a group, you're ****ing arguing against the name of the game here, "Squad". there are tons of games that do have this individualism styled gameplay and for once, this squad game looks like it might break the formula. Just because you can't break out of gold nova in CSGO doesn't mean you have to project your competitiveness on other games.

Edited by XB0CT

I have to remind everyone in this thread about the forum rules, especially these ones:

§1 Show Respect

This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, racism, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior

Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

I will keep my eyes on this thread.

Be nice to each other!

2 hours ago, Axel said:

Maybe we just try v10 out before crying out? 

Not crying out. I specifically stated I wanted to hear some opinions, regardless of whether or not I agreed with em.

Very glad they are at the same time slowing the game a little bit down and making it more realistic. The previous versions (including current), we just have had enough of it. Laser beam weapons, little to no reward for better positioning, just run and gun no brainer gameplay. Got stale really fast. We need more epic firefights, we need a game of chess when it comes to 40v40 etc.

V10 recap looks really promising!!! Yellow Ants are coming back to Squad when V10 hits. :)

edit: I don't think V10 will ruin competitive anything for Squad. Its just going to make it better, for reasons I stated above.

Edited by Rainmaker

I really feel that the loss of the rush strategy and the countermeasures to deal with it will ruin competitive squad (iskt). I certainly hope I'm wrong and willing to give it a shot but I think it wipes out an important element of securing your back caps. If were going to dumb the game down this much then why not just start with all of your back caps capped? What's the point of having 1 guy go there to move a flag?  

Edited by Kanipshun

On 12/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, rincewind said:

This is the wrong part. Replace "players" with "squads" or "teams"

I don't want bad players to drag down the rest of the squad \ team but I also don't want to replace them with some wannabe-cyber-athletes. This worked good in PR. PR's spiritual successor, remember?

Bang on, was about to say the same.

Edited by Rainmaker

26 minutes ago, Kanipshun said:

I really feel that the loss of the rush strategy and the countermeasures to deal with it will ruin competitive squad (iskt). I certainly hope I'm wrong and willing to give it a shot but I think it wipes out an important element of securing your back caps. If were going to dumb the game down this much then why not just start with all of your back caps capped? What's the point of having 1 guy go there to move a flag?  

How is it "dumbing down?" If anything it's adding complexity, surely? Instead of being able to block a cap by just outnumbering the enemy, you actively have to sweep and clear it out. Or have I misunderstood how it will work?

Edited by DaiaBu

Personally I think AAS is a horrible game mode in it's core.

Once one team captures the bleed flag they should never lose, their advantage is just too big.

Attacking is always harder in Squad and now not only do you need to attack, but you need to do it numbers down because you need to have people on your defense flag and the other team can choose to either just stack on bleed flag or attack next flag.

Which is horrible for both public and competitive games, but more severe for competitive.

2 minutes ago, Nordic said:

Personally I think AAS is a horrible game mode in it's core.

Once one team captures the bleed flag they should never lose, their advantage is just too big.

Attacking is always harder in Squad and now not only do you need to attack, but you need to do it numbers down because you need to have people on your defense flag and the other team can choose to either just stack on bleed flag or attack next flag.

Which is horrible for both public and competitive games, but more severe for competitive.

Agreed but we have no better alternative in Squad as far as game modes go since both alternatives are broken as ****. 

Just now, Robin Sage said:

Agreed but we have no better alternative in Squad as far as game modes go since both alternatives are broken as ****. 

(Warning personal opinion to follow)

Invasion is a great mode  which adds time for teams to do proper strategies and such. Layers can be tweaked to some extent, most definitely. Especially for competitive

Nobody plays Mestia Invasion for whatever reason, Yeho Invasion is broken ticket wise, I don't think I've ever played Goro Invasion if there's even a layer? Kohat Invasion kills servers. I think it's unbalanced in it's current form but I do think ISKT will be able to get the most out of Invasion modes. Don't see it working well for Pubs. 

Definitely some issues, we agree. Anyway, I kinda derailed the thread. A topic for another time!

Why not just TDM maps for competition? Win condition simply based on ticket loss from deaths & vehicle attrition with a shorter clock...

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Why not just TDM maps for competition? Win condition simply based on ticket loss from deaths & vehicle attrition with a shorter clock...

Haha!

On 2017-12-06 at 7:17 PM, Robin Sage said:

I'm against sacrificing gameplay for realism or creating another project reality. 

Squad is Project Reality 2. It took you that long... to figure it out? just lol

Edited by BatSithCrazy