Gatzby

November 2017 Recap

On 12/20/2017 at 3:59 PM, PrimeEleven said:

It would actually just be one button if you could read what I typed, to click C at any point while running though a building can happen about as fast as space for jumping, and you probably wouldn't need to use it that much in faster situations. The thing I'm worried about with the model the devs brought up is that people are gonna see a target, move to shoot it and randomly their guns gonna drop, which seems like it would be really frustrating. The pace of the game likely wouldn't really be affected. In CQB, your gun would just stop you from aiming around everywhere, you would have to be smart and stay a certain distance from walls. A button to lower the weapon would also be nice because you could lower it when talking to people or scouting. 

But the screen automatically renders near and far objects in the same focus, so you can just focus your eyes on the screen where you're looking, and when you focus your eyes on the smaller amount of pixels representing the far away object, you can see it clearer, so the game doesn't really have to model that, it could make it so that shift+scroll wheel changes your visual focus in game but that's not really necessary. You might think that perm-zooming gives an advantage but it actual limits your field of view(FOV) which is much worse for CQB. "Permanent zoom" ruins 1x zoom weapons for CQB. I think it would be nice if the DEVS could just put out objective upgrades like vaulting and climbing before trying to do so much fine tuning. 

Also I think something that majorly needs to be addressed is fall damage from jumping off a single story, my friends and I jumped from single stories in junior high for fun, it should maybe rapidly drain fatigue but not cause fall damage until like 1.5 stories. 

Maybe you can focus on smaller objects and see them clearer, but not everyone is playing on 4k. I for one appreciate it with my weird 1680x1050 res and also Unreal Engine's Anti Aliasing is absolutely terrible so it helps me turn the pixelated mess into something that makes a bit more sense >50m in V10 the focus-zoom is much slower so you really have to have the drop on someone farther away anyway.

Edited by Arduras

Posted (edited)

Having been away for a good time now. V10. Looks the dream many of us backers have had since day 1. Fantastic work by the entire team, programmers, audio, animation and scripting. As a support gunner, (Machine gunner now possibly) having working optics, bipods, and manageable recoil even in prone has been a dream since day 1, so thank you indeed.

P.

Ps. Please look into increasing suppression effects. Having GPMG fire incoming should have massive effect, its terrifying and affects infantry in a massive way. In game should be blurring screen heavily and affect stamina and aiming for the infantry on the receiving end.

Edited by Para

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Para said:

Having been away for a good time now. V10. Looks the dream many of us backers have had since day 1. Fantastic work by the entire team, programmers, audio, animation and scripting. As a support gunner, (Machine gunner now possibly) having working optics, bipods, and manageable recoil even in prone has been a dream since day 1, so thank you indeed.

This is true. I've had the feeling many now have after trying out V10, since, let me see... 17.11.2016.

But now we're there, the core infantry gameplay that I've expected (and had no doubts about, as I've followed the development since PR 0.1) is in place. It's been steady well paced improvement all along, and a prime example of how an early access should be run. Thanks indeed, I'll be putting some serious hours into V10.

Edited by Leopardi

I wonder if we will see a recap this month along side with Alpha 10 or if we have to wait until next month. 

On 1/9/2018 at 9:25 AM, WarEagle751 said:

I wonder if we will see a recap this month along side with Alpha 10 or if we have to wait until next month. 

There won't be a December recap, owing to the holiday break. The alpha 10 public test was probably a more thorough recap than any text could offer, though. ;)

Recaps should be back on regular schedule after this and a Wrench is coming along shortly.

I understand that y'all want to release V10 when it's nice and polished. I wouldn't want to release an unfinished product either! But between delays in release and not being sure when it will be done, y'all are starting to lose players. You all have created the best early access game iv'e ever seen, but we need at least some info.

Edited by PandaXDaddy

3 hours ago, PandaXDaddy said:

I understand that y'all want to release V10 when it's nice and polished. I wouldn't want to release an unfinished product either! But between delays in release and not being sure when it will be done, y'all are starting to lose players. You all have created the best early access game iv'e ever seen, but we need at least some info.

jpark030.thumb.jpg.acb49d83367adb076fb06aac3a6b613c.jpg

excellent news. I hope the update will contain better optimization for amd FX processors. The game now runs much better than before. Many people still have FX processors. My 8 core runs the squad pretty well on 6 cores, the first at times up to 50-80% usage, the second core around 50% and the rest 40-50% usage. CPU usage percentages are quite unstable. I think it's on good way. Please squeeze all the potential from AMD FX

Edited by Rafael-CZ

On 1/24/2018 at 11:18 AM, Rafael-CZ said:

I hope the update will contain better optimization for amd FX processors. 

Please squeeze all the potential from AMD FX

Just to be clear, I am reasonably confident that they have done zero "AMD FX" specific optimization. The devs have simply been taking the "prototyping"/first iteration code and optimizing it, as well as adding different game-based optimizations to reduce overall (unnecessary) calculations on the client side. Engine upgrades (and maybe some of the Squad devs' work) have resulted in more cores being utilized over subsequent patches, although I doubt we'll ever really get away for the main game thread being the dominant one and thus requiring as much single threaded performance from your CPU as possible. 

Edited by Psyrus

On 25. 1. 2018 at 9:46 AM, Psyrus said:

Just to be clear, I am reasonably confident that they have done zero "AMD FX" specific optimization. The devs have simply been taking the "prototyping"/first iteration code and optimizing it, as well as adding different game-based optimizations to reduce overall (unnecessary) calculations on the client side. Engine upgrades (and maybe some of the Squad devs' work) have resulted in more cores being utilized over subsequent patches, although I doubt we'll ever really get away for the main game thread being the dominant one and thus requiring as much single threaded performance from your CPU as possible. 

ok, then some optimization for more threads would be useful. if they find the money and time. it will be a step for the people who paid for the game and for those who have not bought yet. the first thing to make the game as smooth as possible. because it's a good game and because not everyone can afford INTEL and they still have FX ...... I will give one example, maybe everyone will want to shoot me here, but for example, battlefield 1 is quite a challenging game for the CPU. and uses all eight threads. on the same HW unreal battlefield 1 runs on ultra with 50 fps. stable ... unfortunately it's all about money, and I know the unreal engine is not simple, for optimal optimization