Jump to content
Gatzby

November 2017 Recap

Recommended Posts

Can we change the versioning a bit? It would be nice to have an "Alpha 10 update code-name Thunderbolt" where CAS and AA(infantry at least) are introduced. #missedopportunities

Edited by Ein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy $hit this is amazing! I can't wait! Great work guys , hopefully this will be out by Christmas.

Two questions:

- Will the new sound update come with v10 as well, there has been a discussion about some weapon sounds needing tweaking , and the reverb system being added, we would very much appreciate an update on that. 

- Could you add dead body bullet collisions? Sometimes in open fields or places without much cover (in which you shouldn't be in the first place), when a teammate dies the only place to hide is a body of a friendly, this saved my life in ARMA so many times over the years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MilosV said:

Could you add dead body bullet collisions? Sometimes in open fields or places without much cover (in which you shouldn't be in the first place), when a teammate dies the only place to hide is a body of a friendly, this saved my life in ARMA so many times over the years.


This would also help with getting shot through people who just died. For example, if I unload 4 bullets in full auto at 2 guys standing one infront of each other, the chances are both will be dead before the first one falls down. Guess penetration should play a role in it aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peerun said:


This would also help with getting shot through people who just died. For example, if I unload 4 bullets in full auto at 2 guys standing one infront of each other, the chances are both will be dead before the first one falls down. Guess penetration should play a role in it aswell.

I would like if they implemented penetration as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if they added a damage model that impacts gameplay.

 

Examples:

Headshots should be perm death with no ability to revive. It would give a risk and reward function during firefights.

 

Remove the ability to sprint if the character get's shot in the legs or is near death until they are patched. Gives a advantage to whoever has the drop on another player and a advantage on hunting down wounded players

 

Add a function to slow down the bleeding when wounded, function similar in Rainbow Six: Siege when down and bleeding out, this would inhibit the wounded to fire his weapon or run while slowing the bleeding, gives players a ability to have some survivability when wounded with no bandages.

 

Visibilible visual effect of the enemy being wounded and is bleeding. This would require more animations to be added, it allows players to assess which enemies are more of a threat during firefights.

Edited by Clown_Tactical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clown_Tactical said:

It would be nice if they added a damage model that impacts gameplay.

 

Examples:

Headshots should be perm death with no ability to revive. It would give a risk and reward function during firefights.

 

Remove the ability to sprint if the character get's shot in the legs or is near death until they are patched. Gives a advantage to whoever has the drop on another player and a advantage on hunting down wounded players

 

Add a function to slow down the bleeding when wounded, function similar in Rainbow Six: Siege when down and bleeding out, this would inhibit the wounded to fire his weapon or run while slowing the bleeding, gives players a ability to have some survivability when wounded with no bandages.

 

Visibilible visual effect of the enemy being wounded and is bleeding. This would require more animations to be added, it allows players to assess which enemies are more of a threat during firefights.

Advanced damage moudels for soilders might come with the advanced vehicle damage moudel and the medical system ( atleast i hope so 9_9 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 9:21 AM, Friesen said:

"Devs thank you for everything but after v10, when you work on suppression mechanics, just at least a tiny bit of sway-jump for each flying buillet please... (as visual effects do very little in preventing enemies easily returning fire) "

This would be amazing. I love it in the Red Orchestra series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This update is very good and more than welcome and I´m looking really forward to it because I´m waiting for these features a long time.
Also the fact that you are going to implement that you can place your gun onto things to have a supported stand.
 

I play mostly marksman in different styles depending on the squads needs, but the upcoming features giving the marksman role a very hard life. Atm it is not easy to fight against scoped enemies like machine gunner in mid-range (100-300m) even without the bipod. If you fire single shots the LMG and the assault rifle are very accurate. If you want to go beyond 300/400m it is pixel aiming and if you want to attack a target around 600m or more behind cover, taking out a mortar guy or a vehicle gunner, it is really hard pixel aiming due to the scope. Also atm you can only be efficient giving headshots if your enemies are not new to the game and if you are not satisfied with only supressing enemies.

I know it´s not a sniper but with the ability to zero in guns in future you make it even harder for the marksman and due to it´s limited scope it is not better than the rifleman/LMG with the scope anymore.

In my opinion one thing you can do to have it better balanced is to put a better scope on the marksman rifle to range out enemies, is this or something else planned to make the marksman a valuable class again?

 

cheers

Edited by Tequila_Sancho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tequila_Sancho said:

This update is very good and more than welcome and I´m looking really forward to it because I´m waiting for these features a long time.
Also the fact that you are going to implement that you can place your gun onto things to have a supported stand.
 

I play mostly marksman in different styles depending on the squads needs, but the upcoming features giving the marksman role a very hard life. Atm it is not easy to fight against scoped enemies like machine gunner in mid-range (100-300m) even without the bipod. If you fire single shots the LMG and the assault rifle are very accurate. If you want to go beyond 300/400m it is pixel aiming and if you want to attack a target around 600m or more behind cover, taking out a mortar guy or a vehicle gunner, it is really hard pixel aiming due to the scope. Also atm you can only be efficient giving headshots if your enemies are not new to the game and if you are not satisfied with only supressing enemies.

I know it´s not a sniper but with the ability to zero in guns in future you make it even harder for the marksman and due to it´s limited scope it is not better than the rifleman/LMG with the scope anymore.

In my opinion one thing you can do to have it better balanced is to put a better scope on the marksman rifle to range out enemies, is this or something else planned to make the marksman a valuable class again?

 

cheers

to give marksman better scope is improving balance and you have a hard time fighting mgs with a marksman rifle?!?!?! What!? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on helicopters? (sry if this gets asked a lot) I keep switching between project reality and squad for helicopters or graphics, if they get implemented squad is finally on 100% for me :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Woulve said:

Any updates on helicopters? (sry if this gets asked a lot) I keep switching between project reality and squad for helicopters or graphics, if they get implemented squad is finally on 100% for me :D

step by step bro :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Woulve said:

Any updates on helicopters? (sry if this gets asked a lot) I keep switching between project reality and squad for helicopters or graphics, if they get implemented squad is finally on 100% for me :D

We are not there yet, buddy... Check out mod section, there is chopper mod and it's cool as is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Disco said:

We are not there yet, buddy... Check out mod section, there is chopper mod and it's cool as is

Ok gotta stay patient then :( thx anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely agree with the blurring of peripheral vision while aiming down optics, considering that in real life, when the eye is focused on a magnified scope, the eyes lens changes and the area around goes out of focus. I don't understand the "permanent zoom" for the iron-sight weapons though, I thought the hold shift to zoom thing already correlated to the soldier resting his cheek on the gun (i.e. "cheekweld") so is a "permanent zoom" realistic, or is it like when you aim down sights the soldier puts his face up to the rifle. hence the zoom, then when you hold shift he will like slide his face forward closer to the rear iron sight? Does that really make sense to do? One thing I thought that balanced 1x zoom weapons was being able to aim down your sights in CQB situations, a permanent zoom gives advantage at range but reduces the CQB advantage over scoped weapons.

 

As for the weapon collision, I think it makes sense, but I think it would make much greater sense to just have the weapon collide with the wall, like you wont be able to walk right up to a wall while facing it because the tip of the weapon will collide with the wall and stop you, then if your side is against a wall you can't turn etc because the weapon will collide with the wall. You could then just have a button for raising and lowering your weapon(such as H, Y, X, or C), since there's already the animation for that, and takes your gun out of the way so you can see more when scouting. A manual button also means the person has the choice of lowering their weapon to run through a building faster or keeping their weapon up for preparedness. Having a button gives the player more control and this balances CQB still because shorter weapons will be able to turn more and the player can get closer to walls/tall objects. I would prefer to just have limited movement when my gun collides with a wall rather than have my weapon automatically lowered when I get near the wall because I want to retain my ability to fire, even with reduced maneuverability of my long-barreled weapon. 

 

Also just saying I personally think Russian Ground Forces have some more sophisticated equipment than what's currently in the game. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces#Hand_grenades) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PrimeEleven said:

...

As for the weapon collision, I think it makes sense, but I think it would make much greater sense to just have the weapon collide with the wall, like you wont be able to walk right up to a wall while facing it because the tip of the weapon will collide with the wall and stop you, then if your side is against a wall you can't turn etc because the weapon will collide with the wall. You could then just have a button for raising and lowering your weapon(such as H, Y, X, or C), since there's already the animation for that, and takes your gun out of the way so you can see more when scouting. A manual button also means the person has the choice of lowering their weapon to run through a building faster or keeping their weapon up for preparedness. Having a button gives the player more control and this balances CQB still because shorter weapons will be able to turn more and the player can get closer to walls/tall objects. I would prefer to just have limited movement when my gun collides with a wall rather than have my weapon automatically lowered when I get near the wall because I want to retain my ability to fire, even with reduced maneuverability of my long-barreled weapon. 

...

Then we might get chunkiness of Arma series. You got two new buttons and you have to adjust them in situations that require most of you reflexes. I think what devs did is much more natural and put your attention where is needed. I do like slow pace gameplay but without unnecessary complications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Tanks, No ZU-23-2? this is just a teaser of v10 right you have left other announcements out a surprise for release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×