Gatzby

November 2017 Recap

It does look like narva is getting both US and RU mains moved to the extreme east and west into proper mains. Us is at the west end of the main rails, and RU is east of castle across the river. (assuming they arent just adding a huge part of the city that direction.)

21 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

Yeah, sorry we couldn't get to it, but we are planning on escalating its priority after v10. Discussion and prototyping have already begun on the next iteration.

I was just throwing my two cents out to the wind, never expected anyone on the Squad staff to actually see it and respond to it. The fact that you acknowledged my comment and gave additional info is awesome. Honestly, as a player, I'm really happy about that. Good job, guys!

Question: Will TrackiR compatibility be available for use with free-look?

Devs thank you for everything but after v10, when you work on suppression mechanics, just at least a tiny bit of sway-jump for each flying buillet please... (as visual effects do very little in preventing enemies easily returning fire) That one thing alone is what gets me buzzing in fps games, I just love being suppressed both from a receiver end even just for an immersion and being an MG gunner and effectively suppressing enemy in which they actually duck for cover while I'm shooting at them and not feel like being constantly sniped the second I start firing an MG. This tiny sway-jump suppression is all I want, I'd be so eager to come back to this game and play full of it again if this one thing alone was added....

Edited by Friesen

Any info on when the new insurgent player models will be out? Those have been bugging me for a long time.

Was also hoping the animation update would change how the player holds AKs.

The recap looks really indepth and promising!

The gun and gun fight mechanics seems to feel alot more natural and polished. The GPMG and bipods, my lord, finally.

See you on battlefield when V10 arrives boys!

Thanks!!!

Could we get an update on the new sound reverb system we saw in ander's video with an ak on narva? Pretty pwease ☺

38 minutes ago, Draco said:

Could we get an update on the new sound reverb system we saw in ander's video with an ak on narva? Pretty pwease ☺

link?

19 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

10 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

link?

Sweet Christmas. All the suggestions and features I fervently asked for updated and accounted for in this recap. Joy tears.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:15 AM, spookyAUS said:

Question: Will TrackiR compatibility be available for use with free-look?

I haven't been here as frequently as I'd like, would love to know this as well. 

On 07/12/2017 at 4:53 PM, Hybrid said:

Any info on when the new insurgent player models will be out? Those have been bugging me for a long time.

Was also hoping the animation update would change how the player holds AKs.

It does, look at the fourth GIF of the iron sighted AK.

On 12/7/2017 at 12:21 AM, Friesen said:

Devs thank you for everything but after v10, when you work on suppression mechanics, just at least a tiny bit of sway-jump for each flying buillet please... (as visual effects do very little in preventing enemies easily returning fire) That one thing alone is what gets me buzzing in fps games, I just love being suppressed both from a receiver end even just for an immersion and being an MG gunner and effectively suppressing enemy in which they actually duck for cover while I'm shooting at them and not feel like being constantly sniped the second I start firing an MG. This tiny sway-jump suppression is all I want, I'd be so eager to come back to this game and play full of it again if this one thing alone was added....

Yes I think this would definitely help out emplacements and MG techies as well too since they can throw out large caliber rounds quickly and I feel they really aren't feared as they should be. Both seem a bit under powered and I usually avoid using them.

As a PR player since 0.7 I'd say this update is going in the right direction. I'm quite pleased with everything in the last news update.

Looks like V10 will push Squad into an area of realism that PR wasn't able to break into!

Can't wait to try out the new weapon collisions.