Gatzby

November 2017 Recap

10 minutes ago, koschilein said:

Wishful thinking my friend, we medics know that we mostly always have to play that role because nobody else will do it. :P

I really enjoy playing medic just.........not all the time. Gotta try the new toys out once in a while at least.

1 minute ago, Major Trouble said:

I really enjoy playing medic just.........not all the time. Gotta try the new toys out once in a while at least.

Yep, medic is my fav but sometimes I just want to go with another class. I mostly make the deal with my mates that I max play medic for 2 rounds and then I can choose what I want to play in the third.

Cant wait to test the HMG! :)

3 hours ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Wooohaa. First recap I'm exited to read in almost one and half year. Why....??? ? Because this finally in one that clearly do take a new direction for the game play (ie. AAS meta repair ) and not only indirectly through assets and art. 

^_^

Watchout @WARti0k0ne -BG- i finally have my baby, M240 (you know what this means,don't ya?) Now i just have to practice & practice some more getting those HeadShots. Mwahahaha! . :D

Who said "Spray & Pray" ain't legit! .

Recap sounds great.

But the change to the AAS... means this also that there is no doule-cap anymore.(2 white flags at same time)

Freelook has been confirmed as in V10, does anyone know if support for trackIR or similar been implemented, if not is it planned for the future?

3 minutes ago, scoobi said:

Freelook has been confirmed as in V10, does anyone know if support for trackIR or similar been implemented, if not is it planned for the future?

I hope so... I know they're trying to get it to work with their system. TrackIR sent OWI a DEV kit a while back, if not this update hopefully in the future. 

19 hours ago, Quingen said:

Don't get me wrong i do love the fact that the changes being made in upcoming patch is going to improve on existing gameplay. 
Yet im still kinda disappointed.... waited a long time for a major update and this mostly is improvements on the animation system. 

Should it really be called a major patch or will Alpha 10 contain more than advertised? 
Comparing to last major update (march 2017) then this is actually a little disappointing. Alpha 9 gave us so much that actually scaled the battle and made huge changes how we played the game.

Does every "major update" have to radically change the game, or else you'll be disappointed? Complete rework of animations with motion capture is probably one of the biggest tasks they've taken on, and it affects everything in the game. It might not be apparent in a .gif, but I imagine it will make the gameplay feel completely different than it does currently.

My guess is this is laying the groundwork for them to introduce tons of awesome stuff that they couldn't or didn't want to create before redoing how everything works. Besides, they actually ARE introducing a ton of content and gameplay changes here, if you've been paying attention.

2 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Watchout @WARti0k0ne -BG- i finally have my baby, M240 (you know what this means,don't ya?) Now i just have to practice & practice some more getting those HeadShots. Mwahahaha! . :D

Who said "Spray & Pray" ain't legit! .

Hehehee. I will sneak behind you and put a claymore front of your ammo box pile and revive my fallen comrades. ;)

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

I really like what you've done to the gunplay, should slow down the game and increase ttk. I'm not going to say PR deviation is a good mechanic, but the prolonged firefights and the necessity to set up for engagements properly definitely made it more interesting to play. I'm glad Squad is moving in that direction as well.

The introduction of time-to-switch-seat is a welcome change, will You also introduce damage to players who jump out of speeding vehicles in this patch?

I noticed the transition between hip and ADS for scoped weapons, why does that happen?

The running animation looks really strange still.

4 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Who will get to fire the vehicle smoke? Gunner or driver? I hope it's the driver.

If you look close you can see that the gunner is switching to smokes from the CROWs, but I guess it might be different per vehicle.

13 minutes ago, Peerun said:

If you look close you can see that the gunner is switching to smokes from the CROWs, but I guess it might be different per vehicle.

OK that's for CROWs. If I was a driver having to head back solo to a repair station I'd want to be able to pop smoke to cover a retreat without having to switch seat. I know vehicles should be two man operated but there are times you want to take a messed up vehicle out of combat for repair and don't need two men. You might be heading back to pick up your own SL leaving your gunner behind as your not fit to fight anyone. That's when being a driver you might want to pop smoke to hide your retreat. Besdies, why should the gunner get all the best toys.

7 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

OK that's for CROWs. If I was a driver having to head back solo to a repair station I'd want to be able to pop smoke to cover a retreat without having to switch seat. I know vehicles should be two man operated but there are times you want to take a messed up vehicle out of combat for repair and don't need two men. You might be heading back to pick up your own SL leaving your gunner behind as your not fit to fight anyone. That's when being a driver you might want to pop smoke to hide your retreat. Besdies, why should the gunner get all the best toys.

Best to keep it authentic, imho. That said I have no idea whether the driver might have controls, aswell.

This all sounds great! I love the changes regarding prone-diving and the aim time with sprinting. The more immersive this game gets, the better! Also, the Rush Meta change seems good. While I always expected it and half the time would have my squad prepare for it so it doesn't affect us, I think this will make for much better gameplay focused on logistics and base building.

smart guy who had this idea with the pre round prepare time. lookin forward to this!

1 hour ago, killerorange said:

Does every "major update" have to radically change the game, or else you'll be disappointed? Complete rework of animations with motion capture is probably one of the biggest tasks they've taken on, and it affects everything in the game. It might not be apparent in a .gif, but I imagine it will make the gameplay feel completely different than it does currently.

My guess is this is laying the groundwork for them to introduce tons of awesome stuff that they couldn't or didn't want to create before redoing how everything works. Besides, they actually ARE introducing a ton of content and gameplay changes here, if you've been paying attention.

No of course it does not have to change radically, frankly i more for the opposite.

I like what they have done with the inf. combat so far and this patch seems to bring some really nice stuff. However I would really like for them to start focusing on scaling the combat and release more content that brings us closer to a "finished" game. 

And as you said, "My guess is this is laying the groundwork for them to introduce tons of awesome stuff..." yes i agree with you. But still laying down groundwork three years after first announcement, or two years after alpha release? That explains my small disappointment in this major release.

(still no fast-ropes :( )

Can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit omg so many gooooooood features O.oO.o

22 hours ago, Quingen said:

Don't get me wrong i do love the fact that the changes being made in upcoming patch is going to improve on existing gameplay. 
Yet im still kinda disappointed.... waited a long time for a major update and this mostly is improvements on the animation system. 

Should it really be called a major patch or will Alpha 10 contain more than advertised? 
Comparing to last major update (march 2017) then this is actually a little disappointing. Alpha 9 gave us so much that actually scaled the battle and made huge changes how we played the game.

Ok, no vehicles, no such things, but that long waited update actually WILL DRASTICALLY CHANGE the game experience ;)

Great work devs !!!!

21 hours ago, KamikazeKenny said:

One question, will the uncappable flag changes mean that double neutrals will no longer be a thing? If the second flag is uncappable does it mean only one of the other team members who have the flag as the attack flag are needed to cap it no matter how many of the opposition remain on it?

Uncappable means that the flag connects to a neutral flag or an enemy held flag from your side's side.
In other words, if you have flag A, B and C, the team on the left needs to cap A before B becomes cappable and B before C becomes cappable.
At the start of the round, if the team on the right rushes to A before capping C and B, the team on the left only needs one person on A to cap it, however many enemies are on that capzone.
If A belongs to team Left and B to team Right, a double neutral can still happen as a flag only becomes uncappable if it connects to an enemy flag in the same lattice.
So if team R captures A, before team L neutralises B, flag A now connects to B which belongs to team R, therefore B becomes uncappable.
Simply making a flag neutral doesn't make it uncappable. In fact, you could say that a neutral flag, as long as it is connected, is super capable as either team only needs one more player within the capzone, than the other team to start capping. As opposed to 3 on flags that are already capped.

Edited by Peerun

19 minutes ago, Quingen said:

(still no fast-ropes :( )

There is mod that enables FASTROPEZZZ (heli mod) O.o so we actually have them now... :( it kinda killed the meme lol

i just hope they don't finish this in three weeks... do it before or after... leave that one pls :D

this update is going to awesome for the game - such great work from the evs.

one question tho: will we get mouse steering added for all the vehicles?

release it please ............................. cant wait

12 hours ago, cribbaaa said:

I really like what you've done to the gunplay, should slow down the game and increase ttk. I'm not going to say PR deviation is a good mechanic, but the prolonged firefights and the necessity to set up for engagements properly definitely made it more interesting to play. I'm glad Squad is moving in that direction as well.

I totally agree with you and am really excited about the direction Squad is going. I feel that unlike PR, defenders don’t have any advantage right now because it’s fast paced, run and gun, but it looks like that may change.

Edited by fatalsushi