Gatzby

November 2017 Recap

Because no one else mentioned it, I would just like to say that the vehicle smoke screen effect looks frickin amazing.

@GatzbyWill there be any updates to the sounds?

Edited by fatalsushi

Without a doubt, as an APC/IFV gunner, I would accidentally smoke 5/7 times lol

Thanks to the whole dev team for listening to our vehicle junkie needs!

3 hours ago, Dls Samuel said:

Read the recap again this is a preview of av10 not the release as its on pause so to speak

He says... to one of the squad developers.. xD

3 hours ago, KaB said:

This meant v10 got added and nothing else will be added until it got rid of all its bugs.

But what does it mean?

3 hours ago, Dls Samuel said:

Read the recap again this is a preview of av10 not the release as its on pause so to speak

you misread, they have finished V10 and are now polishing and bugfixing it for playtesting then release

Silly question regarding this:

"To prevent griefing issues, you cannot fire your weapons during the staging period."

So what happens after the game begins? Its kinda customary to hear grenade spoons flying at main so will the weapon restrictions continue to apply within the base bubble? Especially to prevent the vehicle griefing that has become commonplace?

Excellent work OW. You are moving the game in the right direction with the tactical (individual and group) movement and stamina/posture management. Also, I love the fact you'll be making with the iron-sighted rifleman and permanent zoom.

Whenever I have a scoped rifle I feel quite overpowered, so much so that sometimes I'll even quit a game if "normal" rifleman is the only available choice. Unlike Arma, terrain textures don't flat themselves in the distance and shrubbery doesn't magically disappear, so enemy can hide easily and it's very difficult to spot them. Also, uniform similarities don't help even when you do spot them. So a very welcome change indeed.

Few tips for your future consideration:

1. Binoculars for all

2. Map marking for all (SL drops map pins in one color, squad members in other)

3. Can't revive after headshot

4. Can be revived only a limited number of times

Edited by Bloody_Nine

Now that's a recap. 

Would be nice if the CROW/Gunner cameras had a built in compass instead of the white floating one, I feel like it would add more immersion to gunning in an APC/IFV.

Fantastic looking work on the horizon OW. Don't forget to enjoy your holiday even though we all want this update ASAP.

11 hours ago, L0cation said:

Looks ****ing insane guys ! great job ! it was worth the wait to see this recap B| , and here again you proved that you are listenig to the community feedback , thank you !

i just have a couple questions please : 

1 . will the bipod be available to the marksman class aswell ? ( please yes ) 

2 . will there be a ladder climbing amination aswell ( as seen in the motion capture videos ) ?

3 . does the bug when weapons clips through walls is fixed with weapon coluision system ? 

4 . AND MOST IMPORTANTLY !!! - for a very long time we have been told that one of the reasons that the game is having perfomance issues has something to do with the current animation system ( skeleton something.... ) DOES the new animation system brings with it better performance ? 

1. The intent is to get weapon resting in for all weapons eventually.
  2. Not for this update, but that is the plan for future updates.
  3. Not entirely, custom weapon collision animations are planned for future updates, for now, it will use the weapon lowered state.
  4. I do not have an answer for that as my head has been in other things.
7 hours ago, moeppling said:

Great news, had goosebumps when i saw the snowflakes :) It's starting to take shape indeed.

But this update does mostly focus on the overall "health" of the game (some essential stuff here) and is meager in the content department (and will be for the months to come :(). 

Content is "relatively" easy to do; our focus has mostly been in the "health" department as you put it. However, this does not mean that a ton of content hasn't been worked on during this entire time (since v10 is hardening, other parts of the team have to work on something, right?). I have a sinking suspicion that large content dumps will occur after v10 is out. ;) 

4 hours ago, Peerun said:

But what does it mean?

Essentially, it means we are mostly in a polish and bug fixing phase. If we were to add more features, it could introduce new issues, delaying the update. We have a solid amount of stuff going into v10; now we are just trying to make sure nothing is game breaking.

3 hours ago, YankeeSamurai said:

Neato. I'm really hoping to see some news about suppression mechanics in December, tho

Yeah, sorry we couldn't get to it, but we are planning on escalating its priority after v10. Discussion and prototyping have already begun on the next iteration.

Keep in mind, the new animation system does come with some neat features, but the biggest win is that the system is in and working. Now that the foundation is set, future content/feature updates will be more accessible to us as a team. As we continue to develop we will be working on top of this, hopefully allowing more rapid iteration of the system. For example, ladder climbing won't be in this patch, but once v10 is out, we will have more room to work on these types of iterations.

Wooohaa. First recap I'm exited to read in almost one and half year. Why....??? ? Because this finally in one that clearly do take a new direction for the game play (ie. AAS meta repair ) and not only indirectly through assets and art. 

^_^

2 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

Essentially, it means we are mostly in a polish and bug fixing phase. If we were to add more features, it could introduce new issues, delaying the update. We have a solid amount of stuff going into v10; now we are just trying to make sure nothing is game breaking.

That's good to hear. People are going to be disappointed with the update because they've overhyped it for themselves and are expecting BAF and tanks, but to me it sounds like it's building the foundation for a really good 2018.

I'm guessing what's been said in the recap is not all wants going to be in release of av10

"Ironsight weapons will have a very slight permanent zoom increase when aiming down the sights to increase the ability to effectively return fire against scoped opponents."

Thank you for this, this was the reason why most people joined US forces.

love this .. all this ...

big one for me is  the weapon collision really happy to see this... hopefully less shooting window ledges / frames/ground/sandbags etc.

slowing down those diving proning shooting monkeys when I'm crouching... nice...

nice touch on the supply with ammo only ... perhaps have an option to unload ammo only and have combined runs... so you can supply ammo to one fob and do a run to setup another with the same logi?

for me all very nice .. not particularly concerned about whether we see tanks/helos etc soon... animation and gameplay were the big ones imo... but are the medic animation changes included in this (dragging etc)?

Great recap of all the hard work going on. Really looking forward to playing v10 and seeing how the new things change how we play. It's been a epic journey so far and v10 should be another large step.

Who will get to fire the vehicle smoke? Gunner or driver? I hope it's the driver. 

What happens during your vehicle seat transition phase? Black/fading screen and counter to let you know your game hadn't crashed?

Such a big change I have so many questions. Might spoil the surprises though.

7 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Because no one else mentioned it, I would just like to say that the vehicle smoke screen effect looks frickin amazing.

@GatzbyWill there be any updates to the sounds?

Some...

Belaya looks very Christmas with the falling snow.  Is that map planned for V10

3 hours ago, SgtRoss said:
  1. The intent is to get weapon resting in for all weapons eventually.
  2. Not for this update, but that is the plan for future updates.
  3. Not entirely, custom weapon collision animations are planned for future updates, for now, it will use the weapon lowered state.
  4. I do not have an answer for that as my head has been in other things.

1. As in for weapons without a bipod but resting on environment/objects? Window frame, logs for example, like Red Orchestra did. Very cool.
Talking about that, and a soft cover system? Duck behind cover while deployed with mg, or for reload.

1 hour ago, anders said:

Some...

Looking forward to it. If you don't mind me asking, is there any chance we will ever get AK sounds similar to what we had in v5, or did you scrap those for good? Those sounds were amazing.

1 hour ago, justachap said:

Someone else can be Medic now, I'm gonna hog the MachineGunner kit :P

Wishful thinking my friend, we medics know that we mostly always have to play that role because nobody else will do it. :P