Gatzby

November 2017 Recap

Sounds and looks amazing. Can't wait.

Don't like this, though:

20 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Ironsight weapons will have a very slight permanent zoom increase when aiming down the sights to increase the ability to effectively return fire against scoped opponents.

Keep CQB and peripheral vision in mind. The FOV should be up to the player.

The shift-zoom is enough imo.

Ironsight weapons will have a very slight permanent zoom

355795-H-EMO74-921.jpg

We'll see how it goes.

Everything else is unprecedentedly astounding.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

So much goodness!

There are many seemingly "small" changes that will have an effect far beyond their size. Freelook, bipods and climbing for example. Along with the biggies, the animation changes with hopefully a performance increase, movement and shooting mechanics. These things are what control the feel and pace of the game and I think are headed in an improved direction. 

New content is great, but that's easier to add in smaller patches. 

I also saw an option for tracers...... 

3 hours ago, Quingen said:

Don't get me wrong i do love the fact that the changes being made in upcoming patch is going to improve on existing gameplay. 
Yet im still kinda disappointed.... waited a long time for a major update and this mostly is improvements on the animation system. 

Should it really be called a major patch or will Alpha 10 contain more than advertised? 
Comparing to last major update (march 2017) then this is actually a little disappointing. Alpha 9 gave us so much that actually scaled the battle and made huge changes how we played the game.

You cannot be serious.

But-btut-but, where's the helicopters you promised us in v11? What am I supposed to be a whiny bitch about now?

3 hours ago, Quingen said:

Don't get me wrong i do love the fact that the changes being made in upcoming patch is going to improve on existing gameplay. 
Yet im still kinda disappointed.... waited a long time for a major update and this mostly is improvements on the animation system. 

Should it really be called a major patch or will Alpha 10 contain more than advertised? 
Comparing to last major update (march 2017) then this is actually a little disappointing. Alpha 9 gave us so much that actually scaled the battle and made huge changes how we played the game.

get-a-load-of-this-guy.jpg

Spoiler

these messages got merged, wasn't calling him a whiny bitch, was trying to be sarcastic and didn't realize people were actually complaining for some reason.

Edited by NotBrad

20 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Please give us your strength during this time!

by-the-power-of-greyskull-you-have-the-p

DAMN!!! This recap is amazing!!! We are getting slower pace gameplay!?! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! :D

This is exactly what is needed!!! Can't wait to try this all out! This is huge! This lovely game is just going to be way more sexxxy!

Thank you, Devs!!! Truly great work! We have faith in you, guys!

3 hours ago, XB0CT said:

Are we getting this before the devs holiday? it reads like it is

Pochemu XBOCT? 

1 hour ago, SgtSalty said:

Sounds and looks amazing. Can't wait.

Don't like this, though:

Keep CQB and peripheral vision in mind. The FOV should be up to the player.

The shift-zoom is enough imo.

I don't like it either

Looks great but I hope that the US gets a Bradley to counter the improved BTR-82A. I don't think a Styker with a .50 is going to cut it anymore despite the smoke launchers.

I doubt we will get v10 before Christmas as it states at the first paragraph all major works have stopped and buga are now going to be first on agenda before Christmas break I'd say may 2018 with more tiles and more stuff at a guess???

40mm GL and TOW MRAP please. Now if the BTRs get coaxial and HE the US really deserves something. Millitia and Insurgents have SPG. Ples. I know there is no 40mm variant of the MRAP, but since we lost the Humvee we can't use it. I don't think the model matters in the end anyways.

Edited by kisbiflos

19 minutes ago, Dls Samuel said:

I doubt we will get v10 before Christmas as it states at the first paragraph all major works have stopped and buga are now going to be first on agenda before Christmas break I'd say may 2018 with more tiles and more stuff at a guess???

This meant v10 got added and nothing else will be added until it got rid of all its bugs.

5 hours ago, Quingen said:

>Not thinking a BTR laying down a thicc layer of smoke, firing HE rounds while a squad rushes in isn't a big change

soldier-man-594038aa53511.png

While I think the whole thing looks fantastic, I couldn't help but notice how you can see your gun while sprinting now. Does this mean that the GoPro type camera view is going away? Because that kind of sucks.

26 minutes ago, KaB said:

This meant v10 got added and nothing else will be added until it got rid of all its bugs.

Read the recap again this is a preview of av10 not the release as its on pause so to speak

Great news, had goosebumps when i saw the snowflakes :) It's starting to take shape indeed.

But this update does mostly focus on the overall "health" of the game (some essential stuff here) and is meager in the content department (and will be for the months to come :(). 

Edited by moeppling

Looks amazing devs. God speed. And to keep that hype train comin just think of the no blocking and the 3 min "get ur shit together" pregame. To me that spells a way better chance for an even match. Might take us a little to get used to the speed those techies are gunna bring when everyone is preloaded and ready to go when the match starts. 

nice, big update with small changes  general in favor of the realism and the tactical game, that will deeply change the game for better, keep in this way.

**** yeah! Im having terrible issues consealing my boner at work right now.. This is amazing!

45 minutes ago, Dls Samuel said:

Read the recap again this is a preview of av10 not the release as its on pause so to speak

KaB is a Dev. He was clarifying to the other dude that the development for V10 is bug fixing now, not adding more content that would need bug fixing.

Great looking progress on v10, looking forward to playing it. Best of luck wrapping it up.

Cheers,

eggman