steffenbk1

NameTags in the way

Nametags  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should nametags be automatically hidden, showing nametags when you press a button(like PR) or aim on a friendly?

• Yes
    • No

So this has happend a few times now,  and the problem is that the friendly nametag when people are dead will appear. And from fare away distances, If a enemy is on the body or behind the body and further away, it looks like a friendly because of the name tag will be above the enemy. Or the nametag will obscure your vision so you cant see the enemy.  And whats more is that people who use Caps or has very long names with a lot of symbols etc takes much more screen space too. I think there should rather be a button to highlight this like in PR where you could press T to see tags or if you aimed long enough on a team mate it would highlight his tag showing he was friendly(only when they are alive though).

a4de9a7515.jpg Here the i was taking shot from under the o0 somewhere.

cb71f49e6e.jpg and this is an example when they stack (yes i know the bush is in the way too) but this is how also the squad leader symbol also obstructs vision.

Edited by steffenbk1

I want a mistress for Christmas with my no name tags on the screen button!

Remove name tags or nerf it to the point that it does not destroy so much of the strategic depth of the game

Totally agree on the above points... my ideal would be that nametags should take a couple seconds of hovering over the player to show up, unless the target is greater than 100m away at which point no nametag should be visible. Nametags would also not be visible through walls (LOS required) although I don't know how that would work with fences/windows 

Just allow admins to adjust the way name tags behave or thier servers , for example making that name tags would only appear at a very close distance .

1 hour ago, L0cation said:

Just allow admins to adjust the way name tags behave or thier servers , for example making that name tags would only appear at a very close distance .

Agreed. DisableHudWidgets should be a server side setting accessible to admins (to impact all players). Currently, I enter this in the console to get rid of nametags. Unfortunately, I may be the only one playing that way on the server. Wish it was server wide, if ticked maybe assign to custom servers for players that want that experience. 

Edited by PROTOCOL