Arduras

Constant FPS swinging/freezing

Specs:
i5 6600K o/c to 4.7 GHz.
GTX 1050 (only 2gb but hasn't had issues a couple updates ago)

8 GB DDR4
256 GB SSD.

I get 70-80, 100-120 if i'm looking at the ground. It freezes every couple seconds especially if anything is happening and it's insanely frustrating as this issue only cropped up within the last 2 9.XX updates. I also get this freezing in other unreal engine games (Absolver, PUBG) but not NEARLY as frequent.

It's a fresh install of Squad, typically worst on Gorodok.

Edited by Arduras

I think yours GPU memory is full. Looking for that issue...

Shadows + Antialiasing are the most GPU mem hungry, try lower those settings (if you havent those on lowest).

If you had them already lowest settings, you cant do much more. Another settings to lower also helps a something...then they needs a lessier cards memory space.

If those wont help you, then you must buy a card with higher memory buffer. Example 6Gb GTX 1060. NOT 3Gb GTX 1060 (becouse it wont help at much) :/ and its GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is slower than 6Gb 1060)

You can check yours mem usage example @MSI Afterburner app.

Edited by Hiikeri

Hm. Yeah my fps goes from 60-120 and constantly freezes once there are a lot of enemies nearby. Can't afford a new GPu atm (just bought a new desk, chair, and speakers) game has been running fine until 9.10ish.

On 2.12.2017 at 12:01 AM, Arduras said:

i5 6600K o/c to 4.7 GHz.
GTX 1050 (only 2gb but hasn't had issues a couple updates ago)

8 GB DDR4
256 GB SSD.

On 2.12.2017 at 12:01 AM, Arduras said:

It freezes every couple seconds especially if anything is happening

If I were you, I'd take a closer look into what is causing this "freezes".

I'd start troubleshooting with playing Squad + recording a video with stat fps and stat unit visible.

review the video and try to find out which of the values spikes when a freeze occurs.

you should then have a better idea what might cause the "freezes".

As a fellow member of 1050 I also suffers from random FPS drops to less than 10. It's not as frequent as you experience, probably due to the difference in the graphic settings. All I can say is 1050 might be starting to get chocked by Squad... I am planning to get 1070 at the end of the year so...

2 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

As a fellow member of 1050 I also suffers from random FPS drops to less than 10. It's not as frequent as you experience, probably due to the difference in the graphic settings. All I can say is 1050 might be starting to get chocked by Squad... I am planning to get 1070 at the end of the year so...

Have you monitored your system resources (CPU % by core, RAM usage, Page File, IO disk usage, GPU % and VRAM usage) to ascertain which component may be causing your large fps drops? 

29 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Have you monitored your system resources (CPU % by core, RAM usage, Page File, IO disk usage, GPU % and VRAM usage) to ascertain which component may be causing your large fps drops? 

Nope, Nothing at all. Only StatFPS and monitored FPS Stats. Why? I am getting 1070 no matter what..lolz

Just now, samwiseOrigin said:

Nope, Nothing at all. Only StatFPS and monitored FPS Stats. Why? I am getting 1070 no matter what..lolz

Because if the problem isn't your VRAM/GPU, then even if you buy a 1080Ti your problem won't go away :) 

1 minute ago, Psyrus said:

Because if the problem isn't your VRAM/GPU, then even if you buy a 1080Ti your problem won't go away :) 

Yeah I figured that out. Although 1070 would be very much future proof then 1050 itself. 

Only Squad has been causing Frame drops, no other games, and also it's not to the point it's effecting me in the field as much. 

I can go off topic for long time with the GPU but i will stop here and I will make sure to follow your instructions :P

36 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Yeah I figured that out. Although 1070 would be very much future proof then 1050 itself. 

I personally feel like buying two cards in the same generation (1050 and 1070 were released in the same "family") is a big waste of money and should only be reserved for people who have to have the absolute bleeding edge of stuff (upgrading from a 1080 to a 1080Ti, for example). 

There may be some logic in going from a 1050 to a 1070ti, but I would say wait for what Volta brings at the very least

My FPS sits around 120 and then just tanks to 12 for a split second every 3-5 seconds in N/S DC on Logar Valley. Same thing happens pretty much any time a lot is going on. Doesn't happen when moving in the hills from DC to South or North Res as much. It's only ever for a split second but it happens often enough that it's impossible to enter a firefight.

On 3.12.2017 at 4:02 PM, Arduras said:

K, I'll play a few rounds with stat unit/stat fps running.

8 hours ago, Arduras said:

My FPS sits around 120 and then just tanks to 12 for a split second every 3-5 seconds in N/S DC on Logar Valley. [...]

care to share the video?

in order to pinpoint the bottleneck/culprit, it think it would also be beneficial, if you could make a comparison video when you are alone on the map. (start firing range - switch to appropriate map.)

On 12/5/2017 at 4:15 AM, beginna said:

care to share the video?

in order to pinpoint the bottleneck/culprit, it think it would also be beneficial, if you could make a comparison video when you are alone on the map. (start firing range - switch to appropriate map.)

I'll see about getting some recorded gameplay today and upload it to youtube.

On 04/12/2017 at 7:50 AM, Psyrus said:

I personally feel like buying two cards in the same generation (1050 and 1070 were released in the same "family") is a big waste of money and should only be reserved for people who have to have the absolute bleeding edge of stuff (upgrading from a 1080 to a 1080Ti, for example).

I would usually agree with the same generation card statement but there is such a large performance gap between a 1050 and 1070 I'd have to disagree on it being a waste of money. The 1050 was a mediocre card even when launched and the 1070 was a great example of price/performance. The 1070 is probably near twice the performance of the 1050. That's a performance difference usually reserved for generation changes.

I just got 1070..... The FPS problems that I had went away completely..... Except one problem.... My CPU Stock cooler can not handle heat coming off from GPU which conveniently sits right underneath it... Waiting on a new cooler to arrive....

V10 fixes my FPS issues. I don't wildly sway from 12-120 anymore, I sit around 45-70 depending on map and # of players. Much more playable.