dor

Do I get a message if I got killed by a friendly?

42 minutes ago, M.I.K.E. said:

2 teamkills should be kick, 3 should be a-ban.

Accidents happen and so does trolling. Prefer the SL to be able to make the call.

This is one of the functions I would have liked to see(We´d this in JointOps FF),I think we are mature enough to handle this like *coughs*  mature adults. ;)

the KillDeath ruleset has 'Notify Killer' but not the Victim but it does have, by default, 'Notify Team and Admin', which can be changed to 'Public' - so everyone on the server sees it, which is similar.

Battlefield TK's don't so much bother me regardless of their nature; accidental or intentional. However, the game breaking nonsense that occurs at the main base should be addressed sooner than later within the code by completly disabling personal and vehicular weapons within the bubble.

Is there something that I'm missing or unaware of within the game coding where allowing your fellow team members to murder you in the main base and destroy the vehicles offers a positive benefit?

That said, I understand the realism factor of allowing TK's on the battlefield as it relates to the IFF pardigm however I fail to see why this can't be addressed. Especially since when vehicles are destroyed in their spawn position any subsequent vehicles that spawn back in go airborne, flip and burn up.

This exact question has been brought up repeatedly by myself and others and I've yet to ever hear if this will ever be addressed.

4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Is there something that I'm missing or unaware of within the game coding where allowing your fellow team members to murder you in the main base and destroy the vehicles offers a positive benefit?

The only logic/reasoning that I can think of is that it was implemented in simpler times when the maps allowed a lot of "main base camping" by the enemy team and so to heavily discourage the practice of camping outside (and shooting into) an enemy's main base, they allow projectiles out of the main base but not in, and therefore allow anyone in the main base to pummel any enemies who get too close for comfort. 

I definitely agree that it would be nice to have some kind of preventative measure within the main base to stop TKs and/or friendly vehicle destruction

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

The only logic/reasoning that I can think of is that it was implemented in simpler times when the maps allowed a lot of "main base camping" by the enemy team and so to heavily discourage the practice of camping outside (and shooting into) an enemy's main base, they allow projectiles out of the main base but not in, and therefore allow anyone in the main base to pummel any enemies who get too close for comfort. 

I definitely agree that it would be nice to have some kind of preventative measure within the main base to stop TKs and/or friendly vehicle destruction

Several patches ago being able to shoot out of main was disabled. I think it was the next patch after Al Basrah was released because we used to put a FOB and another repair station right next to the other one and shoot out of the base with the rocket techie almost continuously. So yeah, shooting out of the base hasn't been a thing for quite some time. Shooting friendlies inside the main base however still exists and needs to be removed imho.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Several patches ago being able to shoot out of main was disabled. I think it was the next patch after Al Basrah was released because we used to put a FOB and another repair station right next to the other one and shoot out of the base with the rocket techie almost continuously. So yeah, shooting out of the base hasn't been a thing for quite some time. Shooting friendlies inside the main base however still exists and needs to be removed imho.

Oh really!? Wow I haven't been keeping up to date with that stuff, I had absolutely no idea. If that's the case then I totally agree, just disable all projectiles within the main base bubble completely, not just the outer rim (in and out).