N. Farage

Graphics improvements?

The game currently looks a bit bland when compared to other current UE4 games. Are there plans to add features like proper foliage shadows and better lighting, as well as improved shaders to the game? I find that it's often very easy to see people even in dense vegetation due to the poor lighting quality. I'd imagine this would be a fairly simple matter of just enabling the effects in the UE editor, as the prepackaged graphics look very nice already.

Ain't no developer and not a fun of eyecandy but my view is maybe performance issues like they toned down the smoke grenades from earlier versions ,but maybe I'm talkin' bolloxs. 

It is getting better with each update.

Also,if you leave your PC specs & ingame settings someone might give you some advice.(Cos some folks run Squad looking mint).

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

you can use Reshade, i've never managed to get it work though, but people are saying its good (it is judging by google).

ReShade is no magic tool, but when well tuned, it helps to add some sharpness and more vivid colors to your image.

21 hours ago, N. Farage said:

The game currently looks a bit bland when compared to other current UE4 games. Are there plans to add features like proper foliage shadows and better lighting, as well as improved shaders to the game? I find that it's often very easy to see people even in dense vegetation due to the poor lighting quality. I'd imagine this would be a fairly simple matter of just enabling the effects in the UE editor, as the prepackaged graphics look very nice already.

If you have an NVIDIA video card you can go to it's Control Panel and tweak the "Digital Vibrance" slider up a bit to increase the saturation of the colors.

The only thing i hate is that you can disable the shadows so you can see your enemy's better. They should hardcode the shadows and foliage to medium.

4 hours ago, M.I.K.E. said:

The only thing i hate is that you can disable the shadows so you can see your enemy's better. They should hardcode the shadows and foliage to medium.

I don't think you can disable foliage anymore, at least not through the in-game options. Shadows still disappear on low though, which is quite unfair to anyone not using them. The shadow quality is fairly low even on maximum settings, and it doesn't really look like you're standing in a lit surrounding. The shadows are just vague blurs and the areas lit by the sun are not too bright. Fixing this should make hiding in woods a better plan, since higher contrast between shadow and light will hide you better among foliage. PUBG on max settings is a good example of this.

I also noticed that having eye adaptation on can make seeing out of windows impossible on desert maps. The bright outside will appear completely white, which makes very little sense and is annoying as hell. 

"Epic" quality makes shadows stupidly dark/dense - unnaturally so.

The next highest actually looks good.

Low just turns off shadows all together, which is pretty lame really - looks worse than a 10 15 year old game.

...  when Epic fix dynamic lighting ... =0

I use nvidia graphic card (well, laptop one which is 940MX 2GB), and tone my color vibrance with it. Look nice

sure it's been said before somewhere in here that adjusting you monitor Contrast and Saturation works well.