Hey Squaddies,

We released an update over the weekend, tweaking some of the performance issues on Mestia. We believe the appropriate barns have been burnt.

• Fixed Mestia performance issues.
  • Fixed some performance issues on other maps while we were at it.
  •  
Wondering what happened to Alpha 9.16? It was a fix for the custom server browser showing licensed servers that didn't quite make it into 9.15 as it should have.

Offworld Out.

21 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

barns have been burnt.

Does OWI have insurance coverage? 

1 minute ago, Sahara said:

Does OWI have insurance coverage? 

Pyromania is a pre-existing condition.

Unrelated: the performance hit was likely due to a material that had tessellation turned on accidentally.

Wasn't this supposed to be named 9.16 even if the "actual" 9.16 was sort of a hotfix included into 9.15?

Edited by Draco

33 minutes ago, Draco said:

Wasn't this supposed to be named 9.16 even if the "actual" 9.16 was sort of a hotfix included into 9.15?

Does it really matter? :)

Thx for info!

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Does it really matter? :)

Thx for info!

Yes it does matter. The sooner we get to v10, the better. ;)

11 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Yes it does matter. The sooner we get to v10, the better. ;)

^

See, this guy gets it :)

1 minute ago, Draco said:

^

Ah but you thought 9.17 should of been 9.16. That means it would take longer to get to v10. That's bad. :(

2 hours ago, Draco said:

^

...who counts anymore... look, even devs stopped... :) 

54 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Well, in a few days we eithet get a monthly recap or an overview of v10. Who's betting?

V10 itself or riot

I have my reservations about v10 release this side of Christmas. Can't see the devs wanting to deal with the inevitable v10 hotfixes during the Christmas period.

1 minute ago, Major Trouble said:

I have my reservations about v10 release this side of Christmas. Can't see the devs wanting to deal with the inevitable v10 hotfixes during the Christmas period.

Suggest you add it to your Santa's list.  Have you been a good boy that's the question. :)

46 minutes ago, Smee said:

Suggest you add it to your Santa's list.  Have you been a good boy that's the question. :)

Ohh I promise I've been a good boy but I am only expecting socks and underwear.........again.

8 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Hey Squaddies,

We released an update over the weekend, tweaking some of the performance issues on Mestia. We believe the appropriate barns have been burnt.

• Fixed Mestia performance issues.
  • Fixed some performance issues on other maps while we were at it.
  • This is left blanked intentionally....Hidden Achievement confirmed... Illuminati confirmed 
Wondering what happened to Alpha 9.16? It was a fix for the custom server browser showing licensed servers that didn't quite make it into 9.15 as it should have.

Offworld Out.

5 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

That's why I'm guessing that they're aiming for an ealy December release, to give themselves enough time to fix bugs before Xmas. Just speculation but I have my hopes up.

What's funny is that a while ago on Reddit, Sgt. Ross said that we won't have to wait until December for v10 unless something goes horribly wrong. Maybe that was just wishful thinking :P

Edited by fatalsushi

On 11/27/2017 at 9:33 AM, Draco said:

9.16 ended up being a separate, deployed release. It could have been rolled in, probably, but seeing as it rolled out to Steam as a separate update, we felt it was worth the distinction. IIRC, 9.14 was a similar style hotfix release. (One of the more common questions being... "What did I just download?!" =))

Santa 

On 11/27/2017 at 8:35 PM, fatalsushi said:

That's why I'm guessing that they're aiming for an ealy December release, to give themselves enough time to fix bugs before Xmas. Just speculation but I have my hopes up.

What's funny is that a while ago on Reddit, Sgt. Ross said that we won't have to wait until December for v10 unless something goes horribly wrong. Maybe that was just wishful thinking :P

Here's hoping Santa Ross will leave v10 and Fallujah under the tree :)

It's almost recap time, guys. I have absolutely no clue what to expect and am really looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, fatalsushi said:

It's almost recap time, guys. I have absolutely no clue what to expect and am really looking forward to it.

What's a recap?

1 minute ago, Odin said:

What's a recap?

It's the thing where you say "still working on v10, guys" :P