virusman

Game Flow

Hello humans

After about 10 years of PR .

i decide to buy Squad .... boy o boy what a waste .

i respect the Devs but ... just try to look at other games work and take reference or just copy if you cant think about something .

First of all UI / UX in this game is probably the worst i seen in past years . maps icons are hard to see ,  not very clear what objectives  are and it even doesn't bother to tell you when someone join ur squad or  .

vehicle  claim .... i like the idea good ... exactly like in PR ... but really this is the best you came up with ? open map -> zoom in -> press right mouse button -> claim vehicle  .... really ? what about just stand near the vehicle press T and press CLAIM ? no ?

Animation ..... yes alpha .....but still its soooo bad and akward . its should be first priority to fix or work on 

and engine ......know your limitation ... you cant take some shity engine and run it without "FOG of WAR" after some distance everything looks washed out and pixelated  even with 4k . 

and optimization .... why there no TEXTURE quality settings ? but i guess its will be in the future .

but most disappointing things is .... KITS .... why you cant pick up kits ? its A B C of games .... when i run out of ammo or dressing fields .....i could just pick up from my dead buddy next tom me ... but no..... work on this ...

or most recent example i drive with my squad with logi truck to build FOB ...but i forgot officer kit ....well i could use the supples that in the truck to take the kit ...but i cant because who ever design game mechanics have both left hands

the only good thing that i can think of is the SOUND .... who ever record and work on the sounds of the game is a true artist .... the sounds in the game is 11/10  the gun fights and expotions are WOW !   

well i guess i going to test this game again in like 5 years when it will be in beta or something

26 minutes ago, virusman said:

Animation ..... yes alpha .....but still its soooo bad and akward . its should be first priority to fix or work on 

and engine ......know your limitation ... you cant take some shity engine and run it without "FOG of WAR" after some distance everything looks washed out and pixelated  even with 4k . 

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/29473-animation-system-update/

33 minutes ago, virusman said:

vehicle  claim .... i like the idea good ... exactly like in PR ... but really this is the best you came up with ? open map -> zoom in -> press right mouse button -> claim vehicle  .... really ? what about just stand near the vehicle press T and press CLAIM ? no ?

Do you remember the old times when in PR we used to say RTFM ? https://squad.gamepedia.com/Vehicle_Claiming

1 hour ago, virusman said:

Hello humans

i respect the Devs but ... just try to look at other games work and take reference or just copy if you cant think about something .

First of all UI / UX in this game is probably the worst i seen in past years . maps icons are hard to see ,  not very clear what objectives  are and it even doesn't bother to tell you when someone join ur squad or  .

and optimization .... why there no TEXTURE quality settings ? but i guess its will be in the future .

but most disappointing things is .... KITS .... why you cant pick up kits ? its A B C of games .... when i run out of ammo or dressing fields .....i could just pick up from my dead buddy next tom me ... but no..... work on this ...

or most recent example i drive with my squad with logi truck to build FOB ...but i forgot officer kit ....well i could use the supples that in the truck to take the kit ...but i cant because who ever design game mechanics have both left hands

the only good thing that i can think of is the SOUND .... who ever record and work on the sounds of the game is a true artist .... the sounds in the game is 11/10  the gun fights and expotions are WOW !   

well i guess i going to test this game again in like 5 years when it will be in beta or something

Yeah not sure what your on about??? Did you play Squad???? 

Yeah sure there’s things to fix and change but it’s amazing game

you probably went in trying to hate it because of PR and it’s like you’re cheating on PR with the new slim beautiful model 

public play can be a bit hit and miss but in a clan it’s brilliant and the competitive side is leagues ahead of anything 

unfortunately PR has had its day!! Well almost 

get on squad and get practicing you’ll going to need it 

and make sure you get the right kit 

oh yeah competitive games have the vehicles unlocked 

5 hours ago, virusman said:

Hello humans

I just want to go through this whole OP and critique and  correct everything you just said. But i don't think it will change anything.

11 hours ago, virusman said:

... you cant take some shity engine and run it without "FOG of WAR" after some distance everything looks washed out and pixelated  even with 4k . 

and optimization .... why there no TEXTURE quality settings ?

Unreal Engine is comparable to Cryengine and Frostbite and with tweaking supports 8k textures. However, because of the size of the landscapes being as big as 18 square kilometers it wouldn't be playable by even those with the best machines. Mind you that would be a completely empty map. Now re-texture every single asset using photogrammetry and the finished package would be hundreds of gigabytes and would run at 1 fps.

Not sure your expectations are realistic...