Sign in to follow this  
VON

Server Favorites

Is there any way to favorite a server? I know that there is a star next to servers in the server browser but when i click it nothing happens.

2 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Will knowing that make any difference to your life?

It may make a difference in when he can expect the change to his gaming experience. So he doesn't have to scroll through 90% of the servers he doesn't care to see. Consider it a "quality of life improvement" or "quality of game improvement". 

Crazy of him to question, versus the visual implementation by the DEV team of an option that doesn't work. 

1 hour ago, PROTOCOL said:

It may make a difference in when he can expect the change to his gaming experience. So he doesn't have to scroll through 90% of the servers he doesn't care to see. 

Or just remember the server name and type in the first 3-4 characters in the searchbox... I get his point tho it would be nice to have.

6 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Or just remember the server name and type in the first 3-4 characters in the searchbox... I get his point tho it would be nice to have.

yea, but when there's a button available... make it work. Like the buttons in your car that serve no function (function and purpose), if it doesn't work, don't present it as an option. Otherwise, expect a reasonable question... the search option is a given. People don't have to be condescending unnecessarily when the original question was a valid point. Good UI/UX design usually picks up on this when people are paying attention, don't present a visual option if its non-functional (period).  

Edited by PROTOCOL

9 hours ago, PROTOCOL said:

It may make a difference in when he can expect the change to his gaming experience. So he doesn't have to scroll through 90% of the servers he doesn't care to see. Consider it a "quality of life improvement" or "quality of game improvement". 

Crazy of him to question, versus the visual implementation by the DEV team of an option that doesn't work. 

My question was not whether or not the feature would make any difference, but rather if knowing when that would be implemented would make any difference.

I really want that feature actually.

Not positive it's in alpha 12, but there are UI updates comin', and we'd like some favorites too. =)

Generally speaking, the feedback on the server browser is it needs some love and we hear ya.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:10 PM, PROTOCOL said:

Like the buttons in your car that serve no function (function and purpose), if it doesn't work, don't present it as an option.

It can have a philosophical purpose ;)

http://krystalrose.com/rosewood/library/BigButton.htm

" If a tree falls on the Really Big Button in the forest when nobody is there, does it do something?"

Edited by Jevski