Sign in to follow this  
dolmaface

Would anyone be interested in Battlefield 2 style mod?

I miss the style of the original Battlefield games, and am interested in making a simple mod to convert Squad into playing and feeling like BF2 (except with better graphics and modern features).

First I would take the current Squad layout and do the following to replicate BF2:

• Add larger ttk
  • Add health bar
  • Remove bleed out
  • Make Fatigue Regen Faster, and Endurance Longer
  • Add crosshair
  • Change Layout of maps to be more like BF (conquest w/flags)
  • Make APCs operable by one person instead of two.
  • Spawn at Flags
  • Remove FOBs
  • Spawn on Squad Leader
  • Replicate Point system
  • Make unrestricted class system with: Assault, Medic, Anti-Tank, Engineer, Support, Special Forces, and Marksman. (Replicating the inventory from BF2s classes too)
  • Similar Ticket System
  • Remove Vehicle Claim
  • Make Vehicle respawn faster
  • Make respawn time same as BF2

Then down the road if possible:

• Add claymores for marksmen
  • Add C4 for Special Forces
  • Wrench for Engineer to repair vehicles
  • Add boats, helicopters, tanks, jets, etc...
  • Make maps similar to Wake Island, Karkand, etc...
  • Add aircraft carriers
  • Add swimming
  • Commander
  • Add ammo packs
  • Add other innovative features so that the gameplay isn't just a replication of the original Battlefield gameplay, but an evolution.

If I forgot any features let me know.

Edited by dolmaface

Certainly count me in for some Squad-field action, especially if it had the potential for community created maps to help extend the mod and keep it fresh.

With Revive shutting down, there could be some players looking for a home...other than BF2hub. 

On 19/11/2017 at 8:17 AM, dolmaface said:

I miss the style of the original Battlefield games, and am interested in making a simple mod to convert Squad into playing and feeling like BF2 (except with better graphics and modern features).

• Remove bleed out
  • Make APCs(ALL Vehicles) operable by one person instead of two.
  • Spawn at Flags
  • Remove FOBs (and HABs and Rallys)
  • Make Vehicle respawn faster
  • Make respawn time same as BF2  (less (time linked to re-spawn queue))
  • Add claymores for marksmen
  • Add C4 for Special Forces (maybe not, we got IEDs now = as good as)
  • Add boats, helicopters, tanks, jets, etc...
  • Add swimming

edited some things, above ^. these, and others, i will be doing at some point for my JO mod and i will be happy to share stuffs, when i work it out ;)

btw what you are asking for is by no means "simple" - some stuff is simple to 'hide' but other stuff needs digging deeper into the game, not so simple from my PoV atm. but hey, that's what we all here for, to help each other out. :)

As a battlefield fan ( escpically battlefield 2 ) , i stopped the game at battlefield 4 ... Becuase i really don't like the direction the franchise is taking , the game makes it self more arcade with every new entery , i've just heard that in battlefield 1 there is going to be a perk that allows you to automatically spot enemies on the minimap when you headshot one of thier nearby friendlys ( even if you don't have a line of sight on these enemies ) O.o ?? 

like what were they thinking ??? And i like how the devs keep saying that they would like to promote team work and sticking to squad mates ... God ... 

In any case i would really like to see a battlefield / jointoperations mod for squad ( i just hope we will have enough players to fill both realms , aracde and tactical ) 

Maybe you guys can work together ?? Since your end goal is relatively the same ?