Havn't found a Thread yet so I'll just post it here:

Not sure what you've changed but since 9.15 Me and a few others I've talked to are getting horrible FPS-Drops on some Maps.

From 50-60 to 10-20, making the game unplayable.

Noticed it first on yehorivka yesterday. Narva-Performance greatly decreased as well.

The Odd thing is that it seems to be related to certain Map Areas.

e.g. Standing on the Motorwaybridge on Yeho and looking East: 50-60 FPS, looking west: around 20

So far it seems that the FPS go down whenever you look towards (Central)Petrivka.

Specs:

Intel i5 4570

16GB DDR3

3072MB Radeon R9 280 Dual X

Win 7 64bit

SSD with Squad: Samsung 840Evo 120GB

Usually playin on medium settings with 1920x1080 borderless. Also the fancy bloom and eye adaption stuff turned off and view distance high. Mostly around 50 FPS. Setting everything to low doesn't Change much.

Edited by Ollersplasher

I'm having similar problems as others. I can get past the Squad splash page (the one with the words SQUAD and the guy throwing the frag over the wall) but then it freezes up when it displays the keyboard layout help display thing.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB (don't think this is the problem although I want to upgrade to 16 GB asap)

Win 10 64-bit

Was just getting the hang of the game having come from "less advanced" FPS games.
Getting a little bit frustrated as I can't find a solution to the problem.

I know the game is still in Alpha development stage (it normally takes about 3-4 min to load previously) but some type of 'official' feedback or help from devs would be much appreciated.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the game but no luck with that so far.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm starting to have Squad addiction withdrawal symptoms like thinking of Squad, and pretending I'm playing Squad, and wishing I was playing Squad and dreaming of Squad.

I basically need SQUAD!

Edited by Weet-Bix

15 minutes ago, Weet-Bix said:

I'm having similar problems as others. I can get past the Squad splash page (the one with the words SQUAD and the guy throwing the frag over the wall) but then it freezes up when it displays the keyboard layout help display thing.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB (don't think this is the problem although I want to upgrade to 16 GB asap)

Win 10 64-bit

Was just getting the hang of the game having come from "less advanced" FPS games.
Getting a little bit frustrated as I can't find a solution to the problem.

I know the game is still in Alpha development stage (it normally takes about 3-4 min to load previously) but some type of 'official' feedback or help from devs would be much appreciated.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the game but no luck with that so far.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm starting to have Squad addiction withdrawal symptoms like thinking of Squad, and pretending I'm playing Squad, and wishing I was playing Squad and dreaming of Squad.

I basically need SQUAD!

have you tried to run the game with default without OCing?

For the i5-4670k, the stock runs at 3.4ghz, so he doesn't have an OC on that thing.

Just an update to my last post.

In the last 24 hours I have had some had some sort of update done to my Squad files via Steam.

I'm not sure what this update is cause I don't see anything from the devs except announcing all the mod capability - which looks awesome btw!

So just finished the update early this morning and tried accessing Squad via Steam.

Loaded very fast. I would estimate within 1 min.

However, when I get to the server page I noticed to the left hand side (where there is a sort of help box) it says Version 9.

Has Squad reverted back to Version 9 or am I seeing things?

I can see servers when I click on the Custom and Public server buttons.

I have not tried joining a server yet as have to go work for a living.

This is more of a curiosity question incase it means update 9.14 has been rolled back temporarily. 

edit: just tried accessing Squad via Steam account again and same result.

Took about 1min to load up with not delays, lag or problems

Still showing Version 9.

can see Servers no problem.

Will test if I can join a server later today.

Edited by Weet-Bix

On 11/18/2017 at 12:01 AM, Major Trouble said:

Thanks dev team. No introduction of micro transactions, that's a relief ;)

I would love to know a little deeper why some gpus are struggling with Mestia.

It's still under investigation, as far as I know, but Irontaxi was thinking it may be a corrupted material. Seems to be related to a barn model. Hopefully it'll be a quick and easy fix. =)

Any chance we can get the server browser to go back to sorting by how many players are in the server? At least that way we're not forced to wait for the entire server list to load before being able to change the sort option. It would be one thing if it wasn't constantly loading empty servers, but 95% of the time, that's all you find at the top of the list. I don't care if a server has a ping that's 20 better than another server, if the latter is full (or next to it), while the former is empty, that slightly better ping doesn't mean crap.

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Where are the notes for 9.16 & 9.17?

Check out discord/announcements channel. Yeah, I know... but still, you can find at least some info there

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Check out discord/announcements channel. Yeah, I know... but still, you can find at least some info there

Probably just some hot fixes or something but I still like reading them on Steam and keeping up with the details...

Mestia had been running great since the latest patch. But why does it both run better and look better than Fools Road? Is the vegetation better optimized?