Hey Squaddies,

Alpha 9.15 is here and we're sneaking the first iteration of modding support out with it. Presenting the Squad Workshop. Please make sure to check out the notes for more information!

• Fixed Custom Servers browser showing licensed servers.
  • Changed Yeho Invasion 2 Final Stand flag minimum enemies to capture the flag to 3 like all other flags.
  • Fixed a weapons cache spawning in a closed building on Logar Night Insurgency.
  • Mestia: Fixed issues with vehicle claiming and vehicle respawns.
  • Mestia: Did more adjustments to the lighting.
  • Mestia:  Regarding a performance issue some users have reported - we are able to reproduce it on one of our systems now. Unfortunately, it's not an easy fix. The affected GPUs need for a certain operation more than twenty times as long as otherwise comparable GPUs. We are still working on a solution. The only way to reduce this issue for now is lowering the in-game resolution.
  • Added initial gameside support for modding and steam workshop integration. Custom servers are now allowed to run modded maps. Players trying to join a modded server will be directed to the steam workshop if they aren't subscribed to the required mods. Read more about modding in the upcoming Modding Recap article. Instructions to get started on modding can be found in the modding section of the wiki: https://squad.gamepedia.com/Category:Modding.
  • Changed game files to packaged format to allow mod packs to be loaded. This causes an increased update size and update install time.
  •  
We're very, very excited to finally have this in your hands. Hit us with your feedback!

21 minutes ago, Voice said:

I went OOOoooooOOooo.....mmmmmmm

I think we all did, 

But we knew this was coming first and its some welcomed bug fixes aswell. 

Many thanks Devs! 

Thanks dev team. No introduction of micro transactions, that's a relief ;)

I would love to know a little deeper why some gpus are struggling with Mestia.

Maybe the community can make a v10 mod before the official v10 is released. Might be faster that way.

Just kidding :P I have faith in the devs.

Great news! Can't wait for france squad mod to pop up :) 

34 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Maybe the community can make a v10 mod before the official v10 is released. Might be faster that way.

Just kidding :P I have faith in the devs.

You,You cheeky bugger,aren´t you. xD

Keep doing what your doing Devs,we´ll lov ya.

There's already a bunch of stuff in the steam workshop menu, including Squad ops. Pretty cool stuff.

Nobody is playing them atm? I see ordinary maps in custom server list?

6 minutes ago, ACrispyTaco said:

OH BOY! Just what SQUAD needs... to be modded and have it turned into a copy of every other memester shooter on the market. Lets add hot pink armor with pot leaves all over it. Lets give everyone Sniper Scopes so they can ignore the Squad Leader and camp somewhere instead of trying to take objectives. Lets bring more immature children into the game so it becomes a toxic cesspool like CS, CoD, BF.  This games maps are too big lets shrink them down to the size of a broom closet so the ADD COD children can have instant action and not have to move more than 2-3 steps before being shot at.

What the hell are you thinking?

yeah !!! SAME HAPPENED TO PR...oh wait no it didn't. 

NO OWI DONT POINT YOUR GUN AT ME AND FORCE ME TO PLAY MODS PLEASE NO DONT KILL ME (dies in sarcastic retard)

because kids would buy squad, a 45 CAD game to play a crappy version of cod... 

community has been requesting mod support for a long time and i'm very happy that it's finally here. can't wait for good maps to come out ( DOVRE WINTER!!!) 

there are already some cool mods that are being worked on... squad force mod, yamalia, karasu and so on... modding support is good thing

As long as they incorporate some sort of quality control, it'll be fine. Even if they didn't, most people are here for the base game and like Arma, only the best mods will become very popular(think Ace, RHS, JSRS, etc.).

UE4 is a popular engine so I'm excited to see new armies, maps, and the like come from what will surely be a great modding community.

Have very much lag, on maximum settings - Working well before patch 9.13 came out
Windows 10 -     fully updated 64Bit
    I7-4700HQ    2.40GHz

@Gatzby, why is the background image for the 9.15 update on the official site the winter map that was shown in a recap a while back? Makes you think it might be included in the update, which is a bit misleading.

15 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Still no UI tweaking for small monitors?

Nobody seems to give a single f about it, this is why it hasn't been fixed for years now. You can't imagine how many times i have been told to buy a new monitor just because of 1 single game bug. Huuuh, this community sometimes. I will buy a new monitor once i stop being satisfied with what i have now. Sure, if you want to donate i'll gladly accept any form of currency. If not stop telling me what to do.

Edited by Marijuanoz

1 hour ago, Marijuanoz said:

Nobody seems to give a single f about it, this is why it hasn't been fixed for years now. You can't imagine how many times i have been told to buy a new monitor just because of 1 single game bug. Huuuh, this community sometimes. I will buy a new monitor once i stop being satisfied with what i have now. Sure, if you want to donate i'll gladly accept any form of currency. If not stop telling me what to do.

Hopefully it'll be fixed with the new UI when it arrives. It's not just small monitors that have issues. Ultra wides are messed up along with 4k as well. Don't think you're being singled out for special treatment because you have small monitor.