GODLY!

Potential Squad Purchaser and need info please

Im looking into purchasing Squad but I have a few questions.

1. What weapons are in the game

2. Can you mod the weapons with sights, lights and the such and how expensive can you mod them

3. How difficult is it to find other players to team up with?

4. Does the game use its own Voice Communication or a 3rd party program such as Discord or Team Speak?

5. I have a pretty slow connection of 3Mbit/s DSL. Will I be able to run the game without much trouble? What speeds would you suggest?

I dont have a lot of problems with lag while playing Xbox games over Xbox live and using party chat so can I play this game? I recently bought another game Escape From Tarkov and I have a lot of issues with Lag/Desync (Partly because of issue with their servers though I know my internet is partly to blame) and I need this info about my connection BEFORE I purchase the game. The previous purchase taught me a lesson.

Thanks for any help and info.

GODLY1

well EFT requires significantly more bandwidth per player than this game due to the massive variation in player stances and movement. This game usually only uses up around 0.8mbps on my main PC, so you should probably be fine, but that can spike harshly at times not sure why.

1 minute ago, NotBrad said:

well EFT requires significantly more bandwidth per player than this game due to the massive variation in player stances and movement. This game usually only uses up around 0.8mbps on my main PC, so you should probably be fine, but that can spike harshly at times not sure why.

Thanks NotBrad. I like the looks of the game very much and have kept an eye on it for awhile now. I love military type games such ARMA series, Of course EFT, and most others. This one looks really fun. As long as I can play it like its meant to be played I think I will get it this weekend. What about the weapons and such? I know its probalby not gonna have the Modding system like EFT but I would like to be able to apply my own preference of sights and attachments. How many weapons are available? Anyone have a list? I searched but I cant find a list of them anywhere. Might just be my google fu and left for the day lol

13 minutes ago, GODLY! said:

1. What weapons are in the game

Just for the infatry side ther's a lot of small caliber one: AKs, M4s, PPsH, G3, SVD, M110, pistols, LMG, HMG. Those are Faction specific weapons

2. Can you mod the weapons with sights, lights and the such and how expensive can you mod them

Not for now, in the future you will be able to customize (in a light way, i.e. you will chose for 4x on a SAW or a red dot, for a 100 round maganizes or a 200 round magazine with some pro and cons)

3. How difficult is it to find other players to team up with?

Not so much, atlleast 90% of people are willing to team up, even with strangers

14 minutes ago, GODLY! said:

4. Does the game use its own Voice Communication or a 3rd party program such as Discord or Team Speak?

It use his own VOiP, that is far superior to TS or discord from a game mechanic POV.

14 minutes ago, GODLY! said:

5. I have a pretty slow connection of 3Mbit/s DSL. Will I be able to run the game without much trouble? What speeds would you suggest?

Mine is a 1Mb, and i can play very good in any server in my zone (EU), so you will be fine just check the box next to the server's name: if it's green in a good news, a yellow one not so much, a red one...run away from that server!^_^

Just now, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Just for the infatry side ther's a lot of small caliber one: AKs, M4s, PPsH, G3, SVD, M110, pistols, LMG, HMG. Those are Faction specific weapons

Not for now, in the future you will be able to customize (in a light way, i.e. you will chose for 4x on a SAW or a red dot, for a 100 round maganizes or a 200 round magazine with some pro and cons)

Not so much, atlleast 90% of people are willing to team up, even with strangers

It use his own VOiP, that is far superior to TS or discord from a game mechanic POV.

Mine is a 1Mb, and i can play very good in any server in my zone (EU), so you will be fine just check the box next to the server's name: if it's green in a good news, a yellow one not so much, a red one...run away from that server!^_^

Awesome! That probably clinched it for me right there! Im a little disappointed about not being able to mod the weapons but hey, at least its something thats coming!! If nothing happens tomorrow I should see you guys on the battlefield. Oh, anyone know how big the download is? With this slow connection it takes forever to get a large file and im just wanting a heads up on how long im gonna have to wait to play. LMAO. Thanks again for the info Aragon89!!!

Well my Squad dir weighs in at 28.3Gb installed so it'll be somewhere around that. Don't forget you will have the Steam 2hr refund so you can certainly get a flavour of the game.

There is still a lot to come in Squads future so, if there is things you're not to keen on or expected to see, search the forum to see if it's going to change in the future. v10 (soon we all hope) should add vaulting and motion captured animations along with an overhauled animation system itself. Very exciting for us vets.

O

3 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Well my Squad dir weighs in at 28.3Gb installed so it'll be somewhere around that. Don't forget you will have the Steam 2hr refund so you can certainly get a flavour of the game.

There is still a lot to come in Squads future so, if there is things you're not to keen on or expected to see, search the forum to see if it's going to change in the future. v10 (soon we all hope) should add vaulting and motion captured animations along with an overhauled animation system itself. Very exciting for us vets.

On the steam 2 hour refund, is that from the time you purchase it or from the time you start to play it? With my connection it will take about 2 days to download it lol. This 3Mbit DSL sucks..

4 minutes ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Your welcome buddy. The size is ≃ 25 gigas.

And before buy, check this out: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/squad

Aragon THANK YOU for that. Every penny I can save the better!!! LOL. I wouldnt have known about that and spent more money than I should with that price!!!!! Thanks again

2 minutes ago, GODLY! said:

On the steam 2 hour refund, is that from the time you purchase it or from the time you start to play it? With my connection it will take about 2 days to download it lol. This 3Mbit DSL sucks.

I do believe that 2hrs is actual playtime logged by Steam. You could just be in the game menu or browser and that would count as playtime. I am pretty sure you won't need the refund option but it's there if your PC is having problems running the game.

To find out more, check the Squad Wiki. It answers all of your questions (or at least it should).

Thanks everyone. This is a great forum so far. Not one SALTY comment to my post and thats very refreshing from the other forum I have been frequenting trying to find out some info on a certain game *cough cough EFT* aaahummm. Anyways you guys have been great and made me feel welcomed. Thanks for that and for the info I gained. Im pretty sure Ill be buying this game and hope to see you guys on the field.

What is your PC specifications?

Your internet is fast enough for a stable connection in-game, unless you are on wireless, then you could have some issues.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
       System Model: All Series
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/29/14 09:51:35 Ver: 14.02
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16322MB RAM
          Page File: 9464MB used, 23175MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 780

I am running 2 Geforce GTX 780s in SLi. Shouldnt have much trouble running the game itself.

1 hour ago, GODLY! said:

I am running 2 Geforce GTX 780s in SLi. Shouldnt have much trouble running the game itself.

To the best of my knowledge, due to how UE4 handles rendering, your SLI configuration will not be highly utilized by Squad. You will be running essentially on one of the 780s. 

Edit: It appears they have updated the rendering engine somewhat, but it only helps if squad's developers have enabled "AFR" (alternate frame rendering) during the packaging process... apparently

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Rendering/Nvidia/NVIDIAAlternateFrameRendering/

Edit 2: Seems like you can use the Nvidia control panel to try to force AFR on the squad exe

Edited by Psyrus