Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Map loading. Server side image.

How about a clan image for when the map loading. say a 1920x1080 (500kb-1mb) Image that can be loaded while the map is loading in the background.  Have it so its stored on the  hosting site.  Clans could advertise themselves and or have their rules.  Of course have it subject to licence to stop anything that could be seen as inflammatory or not reflecting the game in a  positive light. 

5 hours ago, Smee said:

How about a clan image for when the map loading. say a 1920x1080 (500kb-1mb) Image that can be loaded while the map is loading in the background.  Have it so its stored on the  hosting site.  Clans could advertise themselves and or have their rules.  Of course have it subject to licence to stop anything that could be seen as inflammatory or not reflecting the game in a  positive light. 

Lol... I can see one problem already. There simply wouldn't be enough room to display some servers supplemental rules though...

Edited by Zylfrax791

The RO series has something very similar. Once you load in there is a screen with info/rules on which you then click OK to proceed into the game. 

+1 even if its just a small banner like 800x250 or something .. just to display the basic rules, and some simple advertisement :)

i think it should be mostly the map layout with POI's marked and info about the map/layer being played, with some short/concise clan/server -rules noted as well, but anything relating to clan advertising should be minimal, like a by-line ("served by |XYZ| clan - visit our www's for more info"). personally i don't want a fullscreen clan image in my face every map load - it will become annoying and it adds nothing constructive to the game.

i would have thought that reiterating the map/layer objectives and rules, like this ^, would help with general education of players in a non-offensive, not overbearing way.