embecmom

Limit locked squads

so I await the troll abuse...

but I think it would be useful to limit the no. of locked squads on a team so we don't have multiple 2 -3 man squads running around ... 

so if someone wants to be a vehicle support then they can.. and if someone wants to be 2 man mortar but limit it to a maximum no. of say 3 locked squads per side.... 

yup I get people can still take vehicles, create small squads and kick players but many are just creating squads with their mates.. not communicating and in reality don't get kicked for basically screwing about because no one else can join the squad an actually report it...

so if you take the locked squad and you are not doing what you said you would do then it might be easier to monitor ... any way just an idea .. please proceed with getting your knickers in a twist...

I don't like the idea of locked squads at all but I understand why they implemented it. Considering this is a part of the game now I'd say there's no point limiting the number of actual locked squads. I guess we'll just have to deal with it :( 

Honestly it all comes down to the server. Some have some great rules on its implementation to avoid spam and others don't give a shat. Up to you to play on the servers that admin them properly. 

3 hours ago, embecmom said:

so I await the troll abuse...

but I think it would be useful to limit the no. of locked squads on a team so we don't have multiple 2 -3 man squads running around ... 

so if someone wants to be a vehicle support then they can.. and if someone wants to be 2 man mortar but limit it to a maximum no. of say 3 locked squads per side.... 

yup I get people can still take vehicles, create small squads and kick players but many are just creating squads with their mates.. not communicating and in reality don't get kicked for basically screwing about because no one else can join the squad an actually report it...

so if you take the locked squad and you are not doing what you said you would do then it might be easier to monitor ... any way just an idea .. please proceed with getting your knickers in a twist...

I primarily play Squad with my sons in a locked squad. How does us having fun in our locked squad make your game experience less than satisfactory?

People locking squads and people not communicating with other squads are two separate issues and should be treated as such (correction, the first one is a non-issue - the best experience you can get out of Squad is playing with people you know and can rely on). I don't like when people insinuate that smaller locked squads automatically don't talk to anyone else, that's just not true.

7 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I primarily play Squad with my sons in a locked squad. How does us having fun in our locked squad make your game experience less than satisfactory?

To the point where,I hope it doesn't apply to you, locked squads take all the vics away limiting other squads of having some idea of over watch or defensive measurement.

32 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

To the point where,I hope it doesn't apply to you, locked squads take all the vics away limiting other squads of having some idea of over watch or defensive measurement.

It does apply to us actually because we always run vehicles so in that case the solution is to add more vehicles not limited squad locking.

9 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

It does apply to us actually because we always run vehicles so in that case the solution is to add more vehicles not limited squad locking.

My point was that all vics are away from the actual squads that are in need of APC supports.. 

22 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

People locking squads and people not communicating with other squads are two separate issues and should be treated as such (correction, the first one is a non-issue - the best experience you can get out of Squad is playing with people you know and can rely on). I don't like when people insinuate that smaller locked squads automatically don't talk to anyone else, that's just not true.

I guess having 5 two man squads locked makes sense?  this happens... no one can capture a flag ... no one can defend a flag because there are too many other little squads running about, it also means more players competing for the vehicles and taking assets (yup I get that they can create a squad and kick people of course) that a two man squad really doesn't need unless its for a specific role... this is why it makes for a poor game experience ... and in my experience there is a direct link between more tiny squads the less communication.. ... many players lock the squad for a reason.. and usually not for the right reason.. so for those that actually want to play the game and use mortar/build fob/logi run and actually help the team I just think limiting the locking would allow for better team play... just an opinion... 

16 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

no one wants to stop you and your sons having fun, as I am sure you will support the team and communicate... but why should my game and fun be spoiled due to selfish players and multiple small squads not playing the game properly, its a matter of perspective on what is fun for you or someone else ...  anyway think this should be locked before it gets salty... 

48 minutes ago, embecmom said:

I guess having 5 two man squads locked makes sense?  this happens... no one can capture a flag ... no one can defend a flag because there are too many other little squads running about, it also means more players competing for the vehicles and taking assets (yup I get that they can create a squad and kick people of course) that a two man squad really doesn't need unless its for a specific role... this is why it makes for a poor game experience ... and in my experience there is a direct link between more tiny squads the less communication.. ... many players lock the squad for a reason.. and usually not for the right reason.. so for those that actually want to play the game and use mortar/build fob/logi run and actually help the team I just think limiting the locking would allow for better team play... just an opinion... 

Forcing people to have larger squads won't solve the problem of players who choose not to contribute to their team. If someone who doesn't want to coommunicate with other squads becomes a squad leader, it makes no difference if he has 2, 4 or 9 player squad. Actually, it's much better if he's in a 2-man squad, because that way he's dragging less players down with him and taking up less space on the team. Policing squad leaders who don't coordinate with others is up to the server owners and their admins, and it's also up to them what kind of gameplay they want to cultivate and encourage, and most quality servers simply don't tolerate the misbehavior you have described.

No thanks, I want to play with my clanmates who are all in TS with me, not babysit random idiots who barely listen to anything I say. Just because someone else made their squad first I don't want to be limited to a cat herding role.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:34 PM, embecmom said:

but why should my game and fun be spoiled due to selfish players and multiple small squads not playing the game properly, its a matter of perspective on what is fun for you or someone else 

It's also the public matches. The solution to your problem is quite literally:

- Choosing the right servers to play on.

- Joining a cult clan/unit which play organized. 

While on the subject of organized units, if you're willing to you can make friends within those groups and then wreck on a public server by either having a squad full of your friends or have you and your friends create multiple squads with the same clan tag which pubbies see as 2-3 squad leaders from the same clan = probably know their shit......

Just saying.... 

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, MultiSquid said:

Forcing people to have larger squads won't solve the problem of players who choose not to contribute to their team. If someone who doesn't want to coommunicate with other squads becomes a squad leader, it makes no difference if he has 2, 4 or 9 player squad. Actually, it's much better if he's in a 2-man squad, because that way he's dragging less players down with him and taking up less space on the team. Policing squad leaders who don't coordinate with others is up to the server owners and their admins, and it's also up to them what kind of gameplay they want to cultivate and encourage, and most quality servers simply don't tolerate the misbehavior you have described.

I disagree, but I guess that's the great thing about a forum... as suggested before, perhaps close it before it gets more salty.