Sign in to follow this  
Tabasco

Noob question about servers

I really like Basrah, do any 24/7 Basrah servers exist? Can they even exist? Or do the devs require the servers to loop each map? Could I rent a 24/7 Basrah server?

I'm not aware of any 24/7 Basrah servers, but one could indeed exist if a server admin wanted to.  Since the servers are all run by the community, the developers don't dictate what maps are put in rotations. So yes if you rented a from a host provider, you could have a 24/7 Basrah server if you wanted.

There was plenty when the map was first released. 

Money can get you want you want.

getting players to populate the server is a whole other problem. Money could also solve that...

3 hours ago, suds said:

There was plenty when the map was first released. 

Money can get you want you want.

getting players to populate the server is a whole other problem. Money could also solve that...

From experience, Al-Basrah is just about the most constantly populated map, I'm surprised there isn't already one that is 24/7. It's the equivalent of operation metro from Battlefield 3.

Even the survey on this forum shows Basrah is the most popular map.

What you say may be true.

Here are some statements about me:

• I get bored playing it more than a couple of times in a row and I tend to stick to one server all night. So I wouldnt join it.
  • I think I am the norm. You can call me norm if you want, I might not respond. 

You can try it.

I predict failure. :)

Al Basrah the jewel of the desert, a place where vehicles can roam and RPG's fly true.