Pvt Grunt

What disappointed me the most about free weekend.

Every other word on the mic was that it was a free weekender. God forbid that they get out of the comfort zone and help teach! This game has everything it needs to become the worlds top mil sim and if it is not going to have the worlds top community , then forget it,

Edited by Pvt Grunt

56 minutes ago, Pvt Grunt said:

Every other word on the mic was that it was a free weekender. God forbid that they get out of the comfort zone and help teach! This game has everything it needs to become the worlds top mil sim and if it is not going to have the worlds top community , then forget it,

1. Wrong location to open a topic. 

2. Yea, it was free weekend... so "free weekenders" came and said "I am new on this". What's wrong with that?

1. No its not the wrong location to open a topic concidering that 60% are clan based.

2. No not all of them did say that,  Some of of them just said **** it!

3.  Maybe if some of the self absorbed so called squad leaders knew the diffrence between treating people badly and trying to promote a game.

4. I wonder how many weekenders can get run over at the spawn?

5 minutes ago, Pvt Grunt said:

1. No its not the wrong location to open a topic concidering that 60% are clan based.

3.  Maybe if some of the self absorbed so called squad leaders knew the diffrence between treating people badly and trying to promote a game.

1. Still the wrong location because this is specifically for advertising for clans and teams.

2. Understand that the majority of Free Weekend players refuse to listen to any guidance whatsoever in a team oriented game so of course when we have been through MULTIPLE free weekends we expect a shitshow, which always happens. 

3. Squad Leaders aren't in the game to promote the game. Squad Leaders are there to win matches and if people refuse to listen, then **** it they can squad lead. Most of us didn't even play the ****ing game during the free weekend because of the headaches it causes. 

4. You're literally exaggerating shit now. 

This isn't a milsim. It is a competitive team based FPS and the community is what it is regardless of your "standards". There are places out there that cater to new players. I suggest using the search function on the forums instead of making a topic in the wrong area just to whine and give us your "Be what I want or I'm leaving" temper tantrum. 

****ing RIP. 

10 minutes ago, Pvt Grunt said:

Go here 

2. Which is the problem. People need to realize coming up forward as a newbie is not a bad thing.... Especially during the freeweekend. SL doesn't have to say "Who's new?" each round.

3. Nothing in that sentence makes sense at all....

4. Let me re-word the question for you. 

"How many players doesnt know what's the road or not?"

Stuff like 4 always happen whether it's F2P weekend or not.. 

10 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

This isn't a milsim. It is a competitive team based FPS and the community is what it is regardless of your "standards". There are places out there that cater to new players. I suggest using the search function on the forums instead of making a topic in the wrong area just to whine and give us your "Be what I want or I'm leaving" temper tantrum. 

^ This

Ive got your RIP**** swinging,  I agree its a cmpetitive fps and then some! I know there are training vids! but some of you guys are over the top, these people have no idea wtf they are doing. you have to work with them. if you can find it within yourself.

I suggest you just stop with this discussion and work on improving your Squad Skills so you don't have to deal with us "veteran players"

2 minutes ago, Pvt Grunt said:

Ive got your RIP**** swinging,  I agree its a cmpetitive fps and then some! I know there are training vids! but some of you guys are over the top, these people have no idea wtf they are doing. you have to work with them. if you can find it within yourself.

You need to remember coming in here and pointing fingers at people will do no good for you. Also, You have every right to move squad/team/server when you are displeased with current squad/team/server.

2 minutes ago, Robin Sage said:

I suggest you just stop with this discussion and work on improving your Squad Skills so you don't have to deal with us "veteran players"

You need to take a step back. Don't rowel him up no more please. Keep it friendly. 

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience, Squad has an awesome community and free weekends is a bit of a frantic turkey shoot. There's many more SL's that will help you with your gameplay, and quality of game. Hope you spend the time to find them. 

Some veterans have had to deal with a few free weekends now and it does get a bit tiresome for the less tolerant. A fresh injection of new players is what will help the game grow but it's the teaching phase interrupting limited play time that irks some. Things should calm down once the learning pains have subsided.

To 4.

It really is not a big deal, people will always run you over, i played a match in the levelgg tournament last weekend and even there you get run over when you stand in the way, since it doesn't harm you nobody cares about it.

You might have to realize that free weekend is a hard time for squad veterans who just want to enjoy a quick round and that the few brave guys who decide to squad lead are often fed up after one hour, because they have to repeat themselves over and over again.  

Also:

You don't have any right to expect anything from a squad leader.

If he is good, tell him and stay in his squad, maybe send him a friend request on steam.

If he is bad, leave the squad/server.

Nough said

Had a match during free weekend where Squad1 on my team completely bypassed a cap to make a FOB in the middle of nowhere. Enemy team came in and capped that point subsequently causing a domino effect back capping the whole map. Other squads went to their respective caps but since Squad1 didn't cap their point no one else could cap theirs.

Leader of Squad1 had 5 hours total play time on Squad.

@PythagorasHP Learning pains I am afraid. I am sure/hope the guy now realises he made a mistake. From your description I wouldn't put all the blame on him as a poor SL either though. To get steamrollered quickly takes a combined failure.

I find the community to be overwhelming welcoming to new players, the problem with free weekends is that you get flooded with new players, leading to squads half full of people who don't understand the basics of the game, and teams with more than half of the SL's who shouldn't be, don't have mics, don't communicate on even the most basic level, don't understand any of the SL functions or meta. There ends up being too many uneducated players for the vets to educate, or they get tired of it, just form up one squad with more experienced players, ignore the rest and try to have fun. 

Gamers these days seem to be lazy compared to older 'generations'. Few take the time to first read up on the mechanics and manual (yes there is one), go to the firing range and try out the basics, different kits, get a feel for movement and weapon handling.

The first thing I do after starting up a new game is go into the settings and set it to my preferences, controls/key binds included. Also gives a good preview to what might be important and often used in game, and saves you asking what key to press to enter a vehicle for example.

I have the idea this might have something to do with above mentioned 'free weekend stress'.

I skipped the free weekend and took a break from Squad for the past 2 weeks. From what I'm seeing on the forums I m kinda glad I did.

16 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

I skipped the free weekend and took a break from Squad for the past 2 weeks. From what I'm seeing on the forums I m kinda glad I did.

It's just the vocal minority that like to hear the sound of their own voice. There was lots of fun to be had over the free weekend if you weren't being too grumpy to play.

10 minutes ago, Melbo said:

It's just the vocal minority that like to hear the sound of their own voice. There was lots of fun to be had over the free weekend if you weren't being too grumpy to play.

I had a blast playing with the new players. Was a bit chaotic, but some of the best rounds I've played in a while.

14 minutes ago, Odin said:

I had a blast playing with the new players. Was a bit chaotic, but some of the best rounds I've played in a while.

See. Even Odin played and had fun.

Again. Odin PLAYED and had FUN. It was a great time to be alive.

I don't know why everyone complains so much about free weekend, I have alot of fun. I mean it is super crazy and most the people don't know how to play, but its alot more entertaining because the people who just got the game recently don't take the game too seriously like some of the regulars do. I like to hop on and want to win don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to get on there and complain when my team isn't great because they all just got the game. I don't know, I like playing with them. 

57 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Yep ^