Jump to content
twisted bliss

Squad sfreeze and make some buzzy sound

Recommended Posts

Hello  today after 4 or 5 month  i have installed squad  but the game is stuttering and freezing like every 15 or 20 second for 1 or more minutes when i shoot or when i go near a radio, i tried everything: setting audio on low, putting all on low for the graphic but anything work  any tips?

CPU: amdfx8320E octacore
GPU: nvidia geforce GTX750Ti
Ram: 8gb ddr3
Window 7 ultimate
no ssd

checking the logfiles i can see this message every time the game freeze 

LogParticles:Warning: Stalled gamethread waiting for particles 0.113718ms 'ParticleSystemComponent /Game/Maps/Jensens_Range/Jensens_Range.Jensens_Range:PersistentLevel.BP_MATV_LastingFx_C_0.ParticleSystem' 'ParticleSystem /Game/Particles/Vehicles/Temperature/matv/MATV_Temperature_Parameterized.MATV_Temperature_Parameterized'

Edited by twisted bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. This game is currently having issues with AMD. Make sure you are up-to-date with all the drivers 

2. Make sure to verify the cache and clear cache. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, twisted bliss said:

CPU: amdfx8320E octacore
GPU: nvidia geforce GTX750Ti
Ram: 8gb ddr3
Window 7 ultimate
no ssd

 

Unfortunately your system falls below the minimum required specifications for squad, which I will include below. I have highlighted the components that do not meet the minimum requirements:

Quote

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Geforce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon HD 7870

With that being said, I believe that you should be able to play the game at some kind of decent (30?) fps if you solve whatever issue is plaguing you currently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

 

Unfortunately your system falls below the minimum required specifications for squad, which I will include below. I have highlighted the components that do not meet the minimum requirements:

With that being said, I believe that you should be able to play the game at some kind of decent (30?) fps if you solve whatever issue is plaguing you currently. 

 well 4 or 5 month ago when i was playng before take a breack the game was running perfect with 35 stable fps  
today i tried to play again but  every time the game freeze i can try to make a video if this can help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twisted bliss said:

today i tried to play again but  every time the game freeze i can try to make a video if this can help

If you had the old versions but you just came back now, I think you should follow the advice from samwiseOrigin above. 

 

Clear your game's settings/config/cache files and try again. You can find instructions here:

https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing changed with the clear cache, the driver was already updated now i am uploading the video of the freeze.. is like audio loop interference and all the whole game is stuck

https://imgur.com/a/zSFoB

idk if this can help is the log 

Edited by twisted bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I'd rather say it's combination of under spec plus AMD issue.... 

aka i have to wait them to fix the amd issue right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, twisted bliss said:

aka i have to wait them to fix the amd issue right?

I thought Dev's made an somewhat official statement regarding this issue but I can not locate it. 

Sad to say 'You might' but at the same time, you might want to get new GPU and double the RAM while at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I thought Dev's made an somewhat official statement regarding this issue but I can not locate it. 

Sad to say 'You might' but at the same time, you might want to get new GPU and double the RAM while at it. 

the funny thing.. is like 4 month ago i was playng normaly wihout any problem.. so ****ing unlucky.. btw 20 minut and the video is online ( freeze and stuttering video)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twisted bliss said:

the funny thing.. is like 4 month ago i was playng normaly wihout any problem.. so ****ing unlucky.. btw 20 minut and the video is online ( freeze and stuttering video)

 

As @Psyrus stated, optimization do fall back behind sometimes 

Currently have 4790 with 1050. I had no problem playing till 9.13 but as we got into 9.14 I have been struggling with Frame drops as well. Some maps go over 100 but some suffers. Not to mention Mestia...

Having a low spec is the crucial in this part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

As @Psyrus stated, optimization do fall back behind sometimes 

Currently have 4790 with 1050. I had no problem playing till 9.13 but as we got into 9.14 I have been struggling with Frame drops as well. Some maps go over 100 but some suffers. Not to mention Mestia...

Having a low spec is the crucial in this part. 

i realy hope the next patch will at least gime me the possibility to play with my loving 30 fps without freeze of 3 or 4 minuts xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, twisted bliss said:

i realy hope the next patch will at least gime me the possibility to play with my loving 30 fps without freeze of 3 or 4 minuts xD

I sure do hope so haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


this is the video of my problem i have to say the rec cut the freeze moment the video should be long 6 or 7 minutes.. 

 

 

Edited by twisted bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @twisted bliss,

4 hours ago, twisted bliss said:

[...] today after 4 or 5 month  i have installed squad [...]

Squad a-9.9 in September had some major engine update to UE4.16.

 

Therefore I'd suggest you do a clean install of Squad:

  1. manually delete %localappdata%\Squad
    https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache
  2. uninstall Squad via Steam
  3. manually delete remaining folders in Squad installation directory
    default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad
  4. install Squad via Steam
  5. reboot PC
files from older installations can cause issues.
report back if it worked. thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twisted bliss said:

the problem still here

that is unfortunate.

I don't think there is much you can do. the IPC / single thread rating of the AMD FX-8320E is quite low.

 

I had a quick look at your video

you can also try:

move Squad to SSD

set audio quality to low

turn off radio filter

play fullscreen (+ set lower resolution)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have no ssd but i think im gonna buy one on black friday sale,,
is already low with all graphic parameters on low and radio filter.. 
the funny thing  is 1 patch i can play this game the other one no xD i have to wait to  the next patch  and for the ssd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a single HDD ATM? 

IF you are going to install in HDD,

Try to complete uninstall following @beginna's steps as stated above.

When you re-install, try to install on the secondary HDD, if you have one, or in the second partition of the HDD,if you have set already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before you "invest" a single cent in your old rig, I'd suggest you have a look at the stat units while playing.

Also monitor CPU and HDD usage during playing. (Eg. win task manager on 2nd screen.)

 

My honest opinion: save the money for a new PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first my game was on my secondy HDD then i install on the primary.. btw   cpu usage was max on 70%max  GPU usage 85% max 
but the physic memory was 

total 7423
cache 2000
avaible 3000
free 0-65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×